What's new

India-US-Japan trilateral meet on Monday

WHITESMOKE

Reaction score
NEW DELHI: The US' 'pivot-to-Asia' policy, Iran, China-Japan maritime dispute and South China Sea will be among the issues to be discussed during the 3rd round of India-US-Japan Trilateral dialogue here on Monday apart from finding areas of cooperation between the three countries.

According to official sources, the US is expected to brief about its much-talked about policy of 'pivot to Asia', an American move driven by the allure of emerging Asian economies, especially China and India. Another reason includes the draw-down of US forces in both Iraq and Afghanistan, which enables the US military to concentrate more resources on the Asia-Pacific. The US is also expected to talk about Iran's contentious nuclear programme.

Japan will be briefing about its maritime dispute with China. Discussion on the increasing Chinese influence in South China Sea is also expected to figure during the trilateral, sources said.

The three sides will also explore the possibilities of cooperation in various strategic areas, including piracy and safety of sea lanes in Asia Pacific amidst increasing Chinese influence in the region.

The Japanese delegation will be led by deputy vice-minister of foreign affairs Kenji Hiramatsu, the US delegation by assistant secretary of state for South and Central AsiaRobert Blake and the Indian delegation by joint secretary (East Asia) Gautam Bambawale.

The trilateral also comes ahead of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's visit to Tokyo on November 15 for the bilateral summit.

So much activity in IOR these days. India has just finished submarine rescue excersize with US and now this meeting...It shows the deep plan of US in IOR for future..Let's hope India shows its mature diplomacy on this issue.

The pivot is to tackle India and China so expect the same when we start posing a threat.

India-Japan-US trilateral cooperation is more important than anything else. This will shape the 21st century. The better these three countries understand this is better for the world.

I think it is time for Russia-China-Pakistan-Iran exercise to nuetralize these trilateral forces.

How does an imaginary exercise neutralize anything - This is a trilateral discussion that's been happening for a couple of years, you wanna counter that with what kind of an exercise?

I think it is time for Russia-China-Pakistan-Iran exercise to nuetralize these trilateral forces.

Other than China and Pakistan no other country will ever go against India. Forget our closest ally Russia and friend Iran. Wake up.

Sometimes I wonder how things are turning positive to India's side since after the sanctions. I hope our diplomats would really get maximum out of this China card.

It is important that we have these meetings. However it is important to understand that we maintain our autonomous stand in the issue even if there are some common and some differing points.

Usually in such trilateral meetings, Japan hands over the crown to the US as its overlord which kinda becomes like a bilateral engagement between us and the Americans and this is simply very annoying.

With due respect to the Japanese constitution, I think it is high time they stop bowing down to US pressures and start taking their own security matters seriously. The level of servitude they have towards US is simply sometimes annoying.

I think this summit is not necessary when the relations between china and japan are not well.

It is important that we have these meetings. However it is important to understand that we maintain our autonomous stand in the issue even if there are some common and some differing points.

Usually in such trilateral meetings, Japan hands over the crown to the US as its overlord which kinda becomes like a bilateral engagement between us and the Americans and this is simply very annoying.

With due respect to the Japanese constitution, I think it is high time they stop bowing down to US pressures and start taking their own security matters seriously. The level of servitude they have towards US is simply sometimes annoying.
If USA let Japan do whatever he desire to do, you will be dead soon. Wake up man, just read some history book what Japanese had done to the whole Asian people! Now you try to open the Pandora box agian?

I think this summit is not necessary when the relations between china and japan are not well.

It will make most Chinese believe India is hostile when India engages with Japan closely in this moment.

Sometimes I wonder how things are turning positive to India's side since after the sanctions. I hope our diplomats would really get maximum out of this China card.
See ? thats how Mr Nehru was thinking back 1962.....Indi Chini brothers. Come on guys!

How does an imaginary exercise neutralize anything - This is a trilateral discussion that's been happening for a couple of years, you wanna counter that with what kind of an exercise?
No need joint excercise, China will deal with it.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom