What's new

INDIA, UAE TO RAISE DEFENSE, SECURITY, SPACE COOPERATION, INK DEAL IN JANUARY

INDIAPOSITIVE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Fund India and the UAE are expected to ink a ‘strategic agreement’ next month to elevate their relationship to a ‘comprehensive strategic partnership’.

India and the UAE are expected to ink a ‘strategic agreement’ next month to elevate their relationship to a ‘comprehensive strategic partnership’, providing for greater cooperation in areas such as defence and security, and space.

The agreement will be inked in the presence of Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, the Abu Dhabi crown prince and deputy supreme commander of the UAE Armed Forces, who will be the chief guest at India’s Republic Day celebrations.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi and the Abu Dhabi crown prince will also discuss expansion of economic engagement, particularly in the oil and renewable energy sector and increasing UAE’s investment in India. The two countries have also sought to promote strategic partnerships in the energy sector, including through UAE participation in India in the development of strategic petroleum reserves, upstream and downstream petroleum sectors.

Talking to FE, ambassador of UAE to India Dr Ahmed Al Banna said: “The draft of the ‘comprehensive strategic partnership’ agreement is expected to be finalised before the visit.” Once inked, this agreement in the presence of the leaders of both countries will see deeper collaboration in various sectors including aerospace, military diplomacy as well as nuclear power.

Referring to the announcement about the establishment of UAE-India Infrastructure Investment Fund with the aim to reach a target of $75 billion, Banna said: “A joint working group comprising the concerned representatives of both sides are working to finalise the structure, rules & regulations, exemption of taxation etc. Also, recently, a CEO was appointed to take care of the funds.”

The Indian government earlier this year cleared a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the UAE to explore opportunities for mobilization of up to $75-billion long-term investment in the National Investment and Infrastructure Fund (NIIF). This fund is supposed to support investment in India’s plans for rapid expansion of next-generation infrastructure, especially in railways, ports, roads, airports and industrial corridors and parks.
The UAE envoy said Dubai Holding’s Tecom Investments has invested in smart city Kochi in a joint venture with the Kerala government, which includes a 650,000-square foot IT tower. The design of smart city Kochi is based on the Dubai Internet City and Dubai Media City developments. Dubai Holding hopes to tap India’s burgeoning IT sector. “A lot of SMEs and MSMEs are looking at UAE as a gateway to MENA, GCC countries, East Africa, and the sub-Sahara region,” he added.

UAE’s national oil company Adnoc has already agreed to store crude oil in India’s maiden strategic storage and give two-third of the oil to it for free. India is building underground storage at Visakhapatnam in Andhra Pradesh and Mangaluru and Padur in Karnataka to store about 5.3 million tonnes of crude oil.
Besides food security, the UAE is also keen to increase its import of food from India. Defence cooperation is also going to be discussed between leaders of the two nations. The annual bilateral trade between UAE and India is currently around $60 billion. India is UAE’s number one trading partner while the Gulf nation is India’s third largest trading partner after the US and China. UAE is also India’s second largest export destination.
http://www.indiandefensenews.in/2016/12/india-uae-to-raise-defense-security.html

Unlike Indian rand rona on CPEC..Pakistan is not crying over this!

Any international collaboration by Indians on land claimed by either Pakistan or China is officially opposed by those respective govts too, same as India's objection to CPEC. Look up China's blocking of IMF credit to projects in AP.

Rest of your bitter angry reaction sprinkled with Pakistani upbringing words does give away your frustration at the fact that two countries can actually collaborate for mutual benefit without one country having to prostrate and sign away sovereignty shamelessly. I get it.

This is just a pledge and statemt of intent from UAE.
With India becoming a hindu state, anti muslim riots ans anti muslim rhetorics, imlementation may never happen. Nationalistic antics always bring unstability within a country and it will be greatly manifested in a country where there are so many regional devisions and inequalities. The country is always on tenterhooks to wage different kinds of hot, cold, warm, moderate cold .....wars on Pakistan is not a stable country and a bad choice for big investments.

Nevertheless, Pakistan shuld try to win over UAE, get them involve in the CPEC. UAE bedouins angry with Pakistan over CPEC and Gawadar deep sea port.

Indo arab friendship :smitten::yahoo:
May GOD bless this new bond of friendship..:enjoy:

With India becoming a hindu state, anti muslim riots ans anti muslim rhetorics, imlementation may never happen. Nationalistic antics always bring unstability within a country and it will be greatly manifested in a country where there are so many regional devisions and inequalities. The country is always on tenterhooks to wage different kinds of hot, cold, warm, moderate cold .....wars on Pakistan is not a stable country and a bad choice for big investments.

Nevertheless, Pakistan shuld try to win over UAE, get them involve in the CPEC. UAE bedouins angry with Pakistan over CPEC and Gawadar deep sea port.
Why should pakistan try to win UAE. I didn't get this?. I object of the word "bedouins".They are good for there country and people.Much better than our politicians..
While rest of your analysis is also wrong.If you know the trading habits of UAE.

Last edited:

Screenshot_2016-12-30-21-00-13.png

May GOD bless this new bond of friendship..:enjoy:

Why should pakistan try to win UAE. I didn't get this?. I object of the word "bedouins".They are good for there country and people.Much better than our politicians..
While rest of your analysis is also wrong.If you know the trading habits of UAE.
UAE has been working against CPEC, hence diplomatic coaxing is important.
They are still bedouins, spending billions and trillions competing to build tall buildings.
Thats shows how shallow they are.
While thet are free to build hindu chauvinist india, i have my doubts it will materialize. India has all the ingredients to be an extremely unstable country with several dozens autonomy and indie movements. All this does not make india a good candidate for big investments.
@Logicaldude
Not sure why would u quote Franz Fanan. He wa against all forms of colonialism. He would be against Hindu indian atrocities upon Muslim Kashmiris.

The agreement will be inked in the presence of Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, the Abu Dhabi crown prince and deputy supreme commander of the UAE Armed Forces, who will be the chief guest at India’s Republic Day celebrations.

This is a big surprise

UAE has been working against CPEC, hence diplomatic coaxing is important.
They are still bedouins, spending billions and trillions competing to build tall buildings.
Thats shows how shallow they are.
While thet are free to build hindu chauvinist india, i have my doubts it will materialize. India has all the ingredients to be an extremely unstable country with several dozens autonomy and indie movements. All this does not make india a good candidate for big investments.
@Logicaldude
Not sure why would u quote Franz Fanan. He wa against all forms of colonialism. He would be against Hindu indian atrocities upon Muslim Kashmiris.

1) UAE is also India’s second largest export destination.
2) India is UAE’s number one trading partner
3) UAE’s national oil company Adnoc has already agreed to store crude oil in India’s maiden strategic storage and give two-third of the oil to it for free
4) The annual bilateral trade between UAE and India is currently around $60 billion.
5) Emirati imports from India amounted to $30.3 billion or 11.5% of India's overall exports in 2015. The 10 major commodities exported from India to the UAE were:
  1. Gems, precious metals: $12.6 billion
  2. Oil: $4.1 billion
  3. Clothing (not knit or crochet): $1.8 billion
  4. Knit or crochet clothing: $1.6 billion
  5. Aircraft, spacecraft: $964.5 million
  6. Ships, boats: $802.6 million
  7. Machinery: $699.5 million
  8. Electronic equipment: $673.5 million
  9. Cereals: $598.3 million
  10. Iron or steel products: $492.9 million
This all has been materialized ..Facts and figures stated otherwise .UAE soverign fund invesmtent of 75Billion dollor will also be materialized..Aside from my prejudice i see no reason why this will not mature and on what basis your assumptions hold ground. UAE and India both benefiting from this relationship ..Indian is not unstable and they are big consumer society so it is not easy to ignore them by UAE.

They are still bedouins, spending billions and trillions competing to build tall buildings.UAE is tourist spot and they need this type of infrastructure to attract tourist ..At the end it is there money whatever they choose to do with it

There is no reason for UAE to do something fishy regarding CPEC..We pakistanis are enough to do this .. So if we remain committed CPEC will be matured whether UAE or any country wish it or not.
Our relationship with UAE is OK .There is no bad feeling and goodwill exist

Last edited:
U r just repeating content from the MOU. As i said, it is just an understanding... A la MOU

U r just repeating content from the MOU. As i said, it is just an understanding... A la MOU
No, i stated this also
1) UAE is also India’s second largest export destination. Is it right or Wrong ?
2) India is UAE’s number one trading partner..Is it right or Wrong ?
4) The annual bilateral trade between UAE and India is currently around $60 billion...Is it right or Wrong ?
5) Emirati imports from India amounted to $30.3 billion or 11.5% of India's overall exports in 2015. The 10 major commodities exported from India to the UAE were:
  1. Gems, precious metals: $12.6 billion
  2. Oil: $4.1 billion
  3. Clothing (not knit or crochet): $1.8 billion
  4. Knit or crochet clothing: $1.6 billion
  5. Aircraft, spacecraft: $964.5 million
  6. Ships, boats: $802.6 million
  7. Machinery: $699.5 million
  8. Electronic equipment: $673.5 million
  9. Cereals: $598.3 million
  10. Iron or steel products: $492.9 million Is it right or Wrong ?
This is not from MOU..This all has happened..What i am saying when all this has done why not the rest.? This is trade and commerce my friend

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom