What's new

India-UAE condemn state backed terrorism,UAE supports indias bid For UN Council (join statemeant)

Tell me how can you manage to get around China's veto power.

Well not now, but eventually.

When we are more in a proper position economically and diplomatically, and both India and China's view on a certain facet of world-politics is the same, China will eventually have to shake hands with India.

Well not now, but eventually.

When we are more in a proper position economically and diplomatically, and both India and China's view on a certain facet of world-politics is the same, China will eventually have to shake hands with India.

The position that India "aspires" to (being an $11 trillion economy) is a position that China is already in.

So how come India doesn't think it has to come and "shake hands" with China?

The position that India "aspires" to (being an $11 trillion economy) is a position that China is already in.

India already trying to shake hands with China, just not in a way that China would like.

If our past is any indication, things haven't really been conducive for "shaking hands".

As for, India coming to China.
China is already getting its way, if China expects anything more, then that'll just be unreasonably subservient on our part and naivete on China's.
It is only natural that as India furthers its position in the world, India will question China and when we will be eventually not so further apart India and China are bound to come to a general consensus.

And only then(i.e. in the future) will we truly "shake hands".

As they say, power respects only power, so India has to actually come to the playing field by being powerful enough to insist.

Last edited:
If our past is any indication, things haven't really been conducive for "shaking hands".

As for, India coming to China.
China is already getting its way, if China expects anything more, then that'll just be unreasonably subservient on our part and naivete on China's.
It is only natural that as India furthers its position in the world, India will question China and when we will be eventually not so further apart India and China are bound to come to a general consensus.

And only then(i.e. in the future) will we truly "shake hands".

As they say, power respects only power, so India has to actually come to the playing field by being powerful enough to insist.
No need to shake hands, cause we are different people. Doing business is just fine. As to the permanent member of United Nation security council, you will get it after you win the Third World War. Stop dream and come to reality.

China paid 30 millions lifes to get the ticket for permanent member of UNSC, how many India is willing to pay?

I guess UAE must be the closest Arab country to India.

No...It is OMAN with whom we have more strategic and economic partnership..

No need to shake hands, cause we are different people. Doing business is just fine. As to the permanent member of United Nation security council, you will get it after you win the Third World War. Stop dream and come to reality.

China paid 30 millions lifes to get the ticket for permanent member of UNSC, how many India is willing to pay?

Just curious...what is 30 million life is all about..Did you have any war with any one???

UAE was and is on official level one of the major backer with financial support of Baluch militants. Among many, it was one of the country which was helping the baluch militants to destabilize or atleast keep on going with that the militants were doing in Baluchistan as it served the UAE interests.

And as for India, i don't have to say anything, we all know what India is upto.

You guys still don't understand how veto power works. :enjoy:

One veto can shut down any resolution. Which means that yes, we can keep India out forever if we want to.
WELL SIR! In that case we will make you an offer you can not refuse :)

Just curious...what is 30 million life is all about..Did you have any war with any one???

Half of all Japanese causualties in WWII were killed in China and China pinned down over 1,000,000 Japanese troops in the Chinese battle ground. What's about Indians' role?

You guys still don't understand how veto power works. :enjoy:

One veto can shut down any resolution. Which means that yes, we can keep India out forever if we want to.

Have ever thought why UN has become insignificant these days???? Because of 5 Members who uses their veto for their own political gains...... Any way you can Press the veto button as many times as you want......

I hope you realize that the concept itself was borrowed from the League of Nations and derives its basis from nations protecting their own sovereign rights and interests over recognizing each others' contribution to anything.

The reality is the world is way past the 20th century, I would suggest you stop living in the past. Skirmishes of the future if any at all will be far far different than the ones already past.
The gap between us will reduce and it will be up to the big wigs of the world to decide if a powerful nation is left to its own devices, to make its own decisions or to accept it in their ranks and give it the veto power it so deserves so as to have some say in the said "powerful nation's" decisions.

That's just your everyday realpolitik.

Last edited:
Have ever thought why UN has become insignificant these days???? Because of 5 Members who uses their veto for their own political gains...... Any way you can Press the veto button as many times as you want......

So what is more significant than UN?

Yes, having 5 veto powers already turns the UNSC into a useless deadlocked organisation.

Adding even more veto powers would make it even worse. No one would be able to pass a resolution without bribing every other veto member first.

Yes, having 5 veto powers already turns the UNSC into a useless deadlocked organisation.
Glad that u agree....

Adding even more veto powers would make it even worse. No one would be able to pass a resolution without bribing every other veto member first.

I am not a supporter of veto power, as i said if 5 can screw this up and 10 or 15 can screw it up further.... But at the same time the world is not same and world order has changed, and if not expanded, everyone of us or our next generation would be feeling nostalgic about this organisation.......

So what is more significant than UN?

I think you did not get the point.....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom