What's new

India Tops World's Racism Charts

I'd rather say this list is surveying how honest the respondents are about being racist. Many from the 'tolerant' countries have learned to hide their true opinions regarding this sensitive issue carefully because of their rampant historical racism, but that does not mean they are really more tolerant.

Disagree. This was an anonymous survey, and there are no repercussions for announcing the truth. Why would India be more prone to tactless admissions of the truth than other countries? Indians are so cunning and sly, that if you really believe the results have been distorted by how politically motivated the survey respondents are, then I would in fact expect the results to go the other way around (i.e. India should be really blue).

Disagree. This was an anonymous survey, and there are no repercussions for announcing the truth. Why would India be more prone to tactless admissions of the truth than other countries? Indians are so cunning and sly, that if you really believe the results have been distorted by how politically motivated the survey respondents are, then I would in fact expect the results to go the other way around (i.e. India should be really blue).

Racial purity is central to Hindu nationalists in India. They have a long history of admiration for Adolf Hitler, the Nazi leader, including his "Final Solution". In his book "We" (1939), Madhav Sadashiv Golwalkar, the leader of the Hindu Nationalist RSS (Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh) wrote, "To keep up the purity of the Race and its culture, Germany shocked the world by her purging the country of the Semitic races -- the Jews. Race pride at its highest has been manifested here. Germany has also shown how well-nigh impossible it is for races and cultures, having differences going to the root, to be assimilated into one united whole, a good lesson for us in Hindusthan to learn and profit by."

Haq's Musings: Hindu Nationalists Admire Nazis and Israel in India?

Racial purity is central to Hindu nationalists in India. They have a long history of admiration for Adolf Hitler, the Nazi leader, including his "Final Solution". In his book "We" (1939), Madhav Sadashiv Golwalkar, the leader of the Hindu Nationalist RSS (Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh) wrote, "To keep up the purity of the Race and its culture, Germany shocked the world by her purging the country of the Semitic races -- the Jews. Race pride at its highest has been manifested here. Germany has also shown how well-nigh impossible it is for races and cultures, having differences going to the root, to be assimilated into one united whole, a good lesson for us in Hindusthan to learn and profit by."

Purity ? my foot. The Indians these days are ashamed of their dravidian culture and race and are trying to prove through fake Indian originated researches that Hindus are Aryan NOT dravidian

There are countries like uk, australia, germany, canada, ukrane, america etc etc and india topped the Racism chart? india do have racism and does world but india being top? Do you even believe such nonsence? Arent same idiots labeling pakistan as Terrorists and china as weird people nation that eats anything? Arent racism open in hollywood movies? Yet india ranked no.1? Arent this same idiots labeled indians, pakistanis, chinese, thai etc etc have little pen!s size? Do you believe it? This surveys are done to improve economy and harm other countries image.... Its feel good factor survey. Only idiots believe in it.... Time to grow up....

Purity ? my foot. The Indians these days are ashamed of their dravidian culture and race and are trying to prove through fake Indian originated researches that Hindus are Aryan NOT dravidian

So what you have got to prove that Indians are dravidians. And are you saying that Indian research is fake just because its Indian.

Aren't you generalizing once again? What about the South Indians? Many do not claim themselves as non-dravidians.

I'd like to do a survey where we check what % of pakistanis will accept a neighbor with a different RELEGION, and then we can talk about tolerance

History proves otherwise,more ethnicities and foreign peoples have settled and integrated into india than anywhere,Diversity of india proves this thread/poll a fail.And more people from all races are settling here.There may be a natural apprehension maong the poor masses about the unknown,but in india it doesn't translate to violence.Otherwise farsis,jews persecuted elsewhere wouldn't have thrived as communities here.

Said Hindu nationalists are small % of pop. Statistically dalits/ lower castes etc. will outweigh them 20 times, so in a truly representative survey, your nationalists will not have a big say anyway.

Africans staying in and around India's commercial capital, Mumbai (Bombay), complain of indiscriminate racism and constant police harassment, reports the BBC's Zubair Ahmed.

Nigerian Sambo Davis is married to an Indian woman and lives in Mumbai.

All his documents are valid, but he was arrested by the police recently on suspicion of being a drug dealer.

He and 30 other black Africans were detained for hours before they were let off with an apology.

But the following day, Mr Davis said that he was shocked to read in local newspapers that they were "arrested for drug peddling".

"The police treat us Africans like dogs," he says.

Mr Davis claims he often faces discrimination when he goes to restaurants or when he tries to rent an apartment in gated middle-class communities.

Continue reading the main story
“
Start Quote

If Africans don't have papers, then deport them, don't put them in jail”

Ikeorah Junior
Nigerian cafe owner in Mumbai
But he is nevertheless one of the lucky ones. He found a decent flat to rent, thanks to his Indian wife.

But his fellow countrymen, he says, still face discrimination: "When they go to rent flats in a normal building they are told - 'you are a black man, you are Nigerian, and you are not wanted'. This is racism."

'Hide and seek'
There is no official data on how many Africans live in Mumbai, but since India's economic progress gathered momentum in recent years, many have come to work in and around the city. Unofficial estimates put their numbers at more than 5,000.

Most of them are engaged in exporting garments to Nigeria and other African countries....
---------
Against such a backdrop of pronounced prejudice, Sheeba Rani married Sambo Davis four years ago and the couple have two children.

Mrs Davis says her parents are enlightened Christians and they blessed them because they thought the marriage was God's wish.

But, she says, she has been ostracised by many friends, relatives and society since her marriage.

Mrs Davis is "embarrassed and ashamed" by the behaviour of the Indian people towards black Africans.
--------
"When I used to go to a mall or if I walked with him, I always wanted him to hold my hand. But when people saw me with him, they thought I was from a bad family or even a prostitute."

Earlier, she did not understand why black people were being looked down upon, but now she says she does.

"Because our society is obsessed with white skin. If I had married a white man, I would have gained more friends and society's approval too."

Mr Davis believes that the discrimination is solely "because I am a black man".

"It's because I am from Africa, I am a Nigerian. I think Indians see us as inferior."

Yet despite the discrimination they face, nearly all Africans the BBC interviewed said they had a soft spot for their adopted country.

They say the relations between India and Africa are "rock solid". Many argued that Indians and Africans are brothers.

"We look after Indians in our countries. They have become rich there. All we want here is for Indians to understand we are not drug dealers. We are not violent. We are just like them."

BBC News - Africans complain of discrimination in Mumbai, India

Said Hindu nationalists are small % of pop. Statistically dalits/ lower castes etc. will outweigh them 20 times, so in a truly representative survey, your nationalists will not have a big say anyway.

It's not just the Hindu Nationalists who are racists. Even Mohandas K. Gandhi, Mahatma or the Great Soul, was not immune to Indians' racist tendencies. In 1908, recording his first experience in a South African prison, Gandhi referred to black South Africans as "kaffirs". According Joseph Lelyveld, the author of "Great Soul: Mahatma Gandhi and His Struggle With India", Gandhi wrote: "We were then marched off to prison intended for kaffirs. ..we could understand not being classed with the whites, but to be placed with the Natives seemed too much to put up with. It is indubitably right that Indians should have separate cells."

http://www.riazhaq.com/2013/05/world-values-survey-finds-indians-most.html

There are countries like uk, australia, germany, canada, ukrane, america etc etc and india topped the Racism chart? india do have racism and does world but india being top? Do you even believe such nonsence? Arent same idiots labeling pakistan as Terrorists and china as weird people nation that eats anything? Arent racism open in hollywood movies? Yet india ranked no.1? Arent this same idiots labeled indians, pakistanis, chinese, thai etc etc have little pen!s size? Do you believe it? This surveys are done to improve economy and harm other countries image.... Its feel good factor survey. Only idiots believe in it.... Time to grow up....

what can we say but the survey put a question to common people in all countries would they like to have people with different race as their neighbour and 43% Indians said they wont like to have .

I'd like to do a survey where we check what % of pakistanis will accept a neighbor with a different RELEGION, and then we can talk about tolerance

:) racisim and religious sentiments are two different things .anyway surely if that survey was done we will debate that viz a viz India and Pakistan. But for the time being its racisim question

So you are NOT dravidians

who said that? It is bit of mixed race. you know when the Portuguese were in Goa they married to native Goans and the people born were of a different mixed race. even they referred to them with different identity, the same thing might have happened when Aryans came to India. After all we all evolved from a single source right.

who said that? It is bit of mixed race. you know when the Portuguese were in Goa they married to native Goans and the people born were of a different mixed race. even they referred to them with different identity, the same thing might have happened when Aryans came to India. After all we all evolved from a single source right.

we had already debated aryan dravidan thing to death in other threads already :) the outcome was Indians claimed only 25% are dravidian adn 75% of India is aryan :)

So you are NOT dravidians

Its really funny that Pakistanis want to claim Aryan history by denying t hat Indians(North Indians) are not decedents of Aryans.

You guys just want to be in denial that most of North Indians and Pakistani Punjabi's share same bloodlines...

Back
Top Bottom