What's new

India To Sign Contentious Logistics Agreement Allowing US Access to Indian Military Bases

Did this genius miss this:

Abindon young man, you really must learn not to shove reality down people's throats like that!
Not only is it a tad impolite and not befitting a gentleman but it may induce neurosis in the most fragile.

Grab a hold of yourself old chap, Tay.

If US could bring India in as her ally, that would be a great accomplishment for US.

Wow, didn't think India would make this decision. Personally, I think it's a mistake by India, but than again, I'm not an India military planner.

You say that, but as many have already pointed out in the past, India is far less likely to actually use US bases, while the US would have an almost 24/7 presence.

All those agreements and deal will end if there is anytype of war crises .
LSA would be only applicable in peacetime ops .During war time it would be a different cases .

According to MoD estimate .India will have at least 4 CBGs within two decade .
Means we will have enough equipments for US Overseas bases.

For God's sake, just sign the damn thing. So many "to sign", "close to", "plan"......

If US could bring India in as her ally, that would be a great accomplishment for US.
Do not exaggerate my friend, India is not looking to be allies with any nation- particuarly not the US. India is simply doing what best suits its interests across the board.

We may see more red flag exercises ...

Devil lies in the details

It won't benefit India as much as the USA , is what I feel.

Otherwise it should be a basic setup for any future USA security cover in the region .,

May be at present India may not use US bases a lot, but in future India , as India expand its military forces, may use US bases a lot too.
Not for a long time, and by that time, things may change dramatically.

Prasun K. Sengupta's opinion of the issue in a reply to Gessler

"As for LSA & CISMOCA & BECA, there are ZERO negative pitfalls for India. On the contrary, they will all result in more revenue-generation for Indian firms & greater job creation opportunities. This is exactly what Singapore & Djibouti have already done. Above all, inking of such foundational agreements (all of which are similar to what India had already inked before with both the USSR & later Russia) will enable India to gain access to several strategic technologies & capabilities similar to what India had obtaining & is still obtaining from Russia.

Not many may know that when India had leased its first SSGN, the 20-year old K-43 (Project 670 SKAT), in 1987, India had to sign a separate bilateral agreement under which 1) the USSR's nuclear submarines operating in the Indian Ocean were permitted to dock at Vizag in case of emergency repairs; & 2) the USSR's SIGINT vessels disguised as fishing trawlers (that were operating in the Indian Ocean) were always calling at Vizag to be refuelled & replenished."

Blogger: TRISHUL - Post a Comment

@PARIKRAMA @Abingdonboy @MilSpec

Stupid title and no they do not have access to military bases what they have is a logistics agreement that would benefit their naval presence in the IO

Here even IB cannot access Indian military bases and installation, these are formalaties only invoked in case of extreme contingency, and any ways India and US do share intel, heck even the SVR RF and the CIA share intel when needed.
If Indian military establishment is ok with it, i believe we should be too, only apprehension I have is with IFF, transponder interrogation modes SDR protocols, should not be common, and no such initiatives of commonality or dependencies on military tactical data exchange network (l16)STANAG 5516, or any Mode S system implementation should happen. Even if it does, it should be an add on and not a primary data interchange protocol.

Prasun K. Sengupta's opinion of the issue in a reply to Gessler

"As for LSA & CISMOCA & BECA, there are ZERO negative pitfalls for India. On the contrary, they will all result in more revenue-generation for Indian firms & greater job creation opportunities. This is exactly what Singapore & Djibouti have already done. Above all, inking of such foundational agreements (all of which are similar to what India had already inked before with both the USSR & later Russia) will enable India to gain access to several strategic technologies & capabilities similar to what India had obtaining & is still obtaining from Russia.

Not many may know that when India had leased its first SSGN, the 20-year old K-43 (Project 670 SKAT), in 1987, India had to sign a separate bilateral agreement under which 1) the USSR's nuclear submarines operating in the Indian Ocean were permitted to dock at Vizag in case of emergency repairs; & 2) the USSR's SIGINT vessels disguised as fishing trawlers (that were operating in the Indian Ocean) were always calling at Vizag to be refuelled & replenished."

Blogger: TRISHUL - Post a Comment

@PARIKRAMA @Abingdonboy @MilSpec

Here even IB cannot access Indian military bases and installation, these are formalaties only invoked in case of extreme contingency, and any ways India and US do share intel, heck even the SVR RF and the CIA share intel when needed.
If Indian military establishment is ok with it, i believe we should be too, only apprehension I have is with IFF, transponder interrogation modes SDR protocols, should not be common, and no such initiatives of commonality or dependencies on military tactical data exchange network (l16)STANAG 5516, or any Mode S system implementation should happen. Even if it does, it should be an add on and not a primary data interchange protocol.

Primary? No way.

Add-on? For sure. They seem to want to increase the inter-operability between Indian & Western/NATO platforms, for whatever reason. Let it be patrolling, joint operations or something else.

We are not a major non-Nato ally. That title belongs to your best friend :)

The LSA is to do with support and spares. Have written on it in the relevant thread. It is not related to any US base on Indian territory. And let me tell you one more thing, if this Government agrees for a US base, it will fall. No Indian wants a US base in India. There will be riots if this government agrees on this.

If that stupid border is solved, believe me, China will have a direct route to the Arabian Sea right through India. No loans needed, no terrorism problems. One path landing at Kolkata and one landing in Mumbai or Gujarat. Roads entering through much easier terrain than the one you are currently attempting to build. Not to mention a country which does not ask how high, when the Americans ask you to jump.

Not to mention, we have good relations with the Russians, Israelis and the Iranians.

Last edited:
So there you are are. That India is a military colony of India should not be questioned by any "patriotic" Indian. Actually since Partition, India has continued to be a Western proxy in some form or other.

So there you are are. That India is a military colony of India should not be questioned by any "patriotic" Indian. Actually since Partition, India has continued to be a Western proxy in some form or other.
India was a "Western proxy" when the US sent its 7th fleet to the Bay of Bengal to confront India?

What a clown.

I can assure you this will not be happening, as it stands India strips any third party IFFs and comms equipment from any foreign product and installs their own.

India was a "Western proxy" when the US sent its 7th fleet to the Bay of Bengal to confront India?

What a clown.

I can assure you this will not be happening, as it stands India strips any third party IFFs and comms equipment from any foreign product and installs their own.

You are the clown here - like your avatar. This is 2016, mister. And how the hell have you confused both episodes?

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom