What's new

India to send 300 teachers to China to learn Mandarin

Let me share an personal experience with you. If you get time please visit link
I was reading a blog once. One foreigner wanted to go Jaipur by train but mistakenly reached New Delhi Railway station instead of Old Delhi railway station. Her train was going to leave within half an hour. She went to taxi driver , who managed to speak in english. He charged Rs 350 from her and dropped her to Old Delhi Railway station in 20 minutes. She also faced traffic problem. She was lucky that she managed to catch her train.

From the above story two things are very clear

1) If she was able to communicate with some other people in local language, she would be able to know that within Railway campus there is metro station. She could go to Old Delhi railway station using metro within 5 minutes costing her only Rs 9.

2) If Cab Driver did not knew english, he might not have been able to charge her that much huge amount. Hence he earned his bread.

Yes you are right some times foreigners are able to get help from english educated ones but luck doesn't help them always. Think of person dont know Hindi at all and wishes to live in Delhi for long period. He will not be able to survive in these conditions.

Me myself was cheated by auto drivers in Hyderabad, since I didnt knew local language. I spent Rs 150 from Secundrabad station to nearest bus stand

yeah i am not saying that foreigner will be fully comfortable in India but as compare to other countries in Asia they will feel a little relaxed as far as Communication is concerned.

Actually, nobody's mother tone is Mandarin. Most of Young generation are educated with Mandarin. Some of old generation can not use it frequently.

then what is the language you use in day to day life basis means native type of language

yeah i am not saying that foreigner will be fully comfortable in India but as compare to other countries in Asia they will feel a little relaxed as far as Communication is concerned.
then what is the language you use in day to day life basis means native type of language
My province's language, but we speak Mandarin when we talk to other Chinese people.

Back
Top Bottom