What's new

India to make F1 debut in October next year

Waste of resources in my view. All this money can be better spent in developing other sports at the grassroots level. Unfortunately, glamour is all that counts.

but not all sports are as lucrative as F1 ......some sports like water polo or cycling only have a niche audience.....F1 draws in huge crowds.....

no entertainment at all

Some people like it some people doesn't .. btwn i dont watch hockey, but that doesn't make it any lesser entertaining for others.

That's the real great thing for India.It will display the India power to the world.

I see that sarcasm isnt in short supply, but its well directed here.

I would have loved to see these millions spent on sports for the masses. To improve the condition of our govt. run athletics academies, the sports hostels, the dying sport of hockey, and for training the coaches. As I said, glamour is all that counts now.

Waste of resources in my view. All this money can be better spent in developing other sports at the grassroots level. Unfortunately, glamour is all that counts.

Good point,but the revenues generated from it can be used for developing other sports at the grassroots level.
I am sure everything won't go into the maintenance or corruption scandals.

My only scare is the illegal street racing in India especially in cities like Bangalore may get extra josh!!! Otherwise I'm proud and can't wait to go see F1 in action ..India!!!

I see that sarcasm isnt in short supply, but its well directed here.

I would have loved to see these millions spent on sports for the masses. To improve the condition of our govt. run athletics academies, the sports hostels, the dying sport of hockey, and for training the coaches. As I said, glamour is all that counts now.

Dude .......stop acting like MunnBhai MBBS and enjoy these pics..

6tohhv.jpg

Filles-de-Force-India_diaporama.jpg

I am sure everything won't go into the maintenance or corruption scandals.

You spoke too soon

From Wiki

In October, 2007, the FIA signed a Rs 1600 crore contract with JPSK Sports Private Limited to organize an F1 race in India. JPSK is owned by Jaiprakash Associates (74%), Sumeer Kalmadi[4] (son of Suresh Kalmadi, IOA president) owned Sulba Realty Private Limited (13%) and Delhi based Trackwork International Pvt Ltd (13%)

ffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuu :hitwall::hitwall::hitwall::hang2:

You spoke too soon

From Wiki

In October, 2007, the FIA signed a Rs 1600 crore contract with JPSK Sports Private Limited to organize an F1 race in India. JPSK is owned by Jaiprakash Associates (74%), Sumeer Kalmadi[4] (son of Suresh Kalmadi, IOA president) owned Sulba Realty Private Limited (13%) and Delhi based Trackwork International Pvt Ltd (13%)

ffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuu :hitwall::hitwall::hitwall::hang2:

Dont worry jaypee group is big profit making successful company with completed projects in Engineering and Construction, Cement, Power, Hospitality, Real Estate, Expressways and Highways.

I have to say, I do not like the track not because it is India but primarily because I, like many other F1 fans, have become bored of Hermann Tilke's design. Bored of the chicane, right/left turn, long straight combo and other stuff. Yes, Istanbul Park is breathtaking but overall F1 needs another track designer since it's becoming monotonic to see one designer and his not-so-evolving ideas.

Otherwise, I'd love to go to India and see the GP. I'm pretty positive I'll go and see an Indian GP in the next five years.

Force India girls aren't really that great compared to what we get to see at Hungaroring and Spa-Francorchamps. Hope there's better eye-candy at the GP.

Thats hardly an excuse, Benny and you are wise enough to know that. It is still coming out of the economy, isnt it? We cant refute the fact its a rich-man's sport with a very limited, urban viewership.

See mate, as its a private owned company, if this money wasnt spend on the track it would have gone to, say for example a real estate thing.

If government was involved in the money spending we can surely condemn it.

I see it as a business opportunity, lots of jobs probably in 1000+ for graduates. Lots of foreign revenue, lots of sports tourist thereby creating another revenue, global attention, etc etc..

Its the difference in both our views that makes us differ.

Ya surely its a rich man's game but nobody is forced to play it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom