What's new

India to make F1 debut in October next year

Thats hardly an excuse, Benny and you are wise enough to know that. It is still coming out of the economy, isnt it? We cant refute the fact its a rich-man's sport with a very limited, urban viewership.
what are you saying man?? u want us to concentrate on GULLI DANDA and other local games?? look it will provide huge employment and huge revenues through tourism. and that surely improve ur reputation. guys, market drives by sentiments.

I have to say, I do not like the track not because it is India but primarily because I, like many other F1 fans, have become bored of Hermann Tilke's design. Bored of the chicane, right/left turn, long straight combo and other stuff. Yes, Istanbul Park is breathtaking but overall F1 needs another track designer since it's becoming monotonic to see one designer and his not-so-evolving ideas.

Otherwise, I'd love to go to India and see the GP. I'm pretty positive I'll go and see an Indian GP in the next five years.

Force India girls aren't really that great compared to what we get to see at Hungaroring and Spa-Francorchamps. Hope there's better eye-candy at the GP.

The foreign grid girls are pack of the package and i am happy to hear u are also F1 enthusiast. :cheers:

I see that sarcasm isnt in short supply, but its well directed here.

I would have loved to see these millions spent on sports for the masses. To improve the condition of our govt. run athletics academies, the sports hostels, the dying sport of hockey, and for training the coaches. As I said, glamour is all that counts now.

Sarcasm?
Perhaps you really don't khnow how great this event is.
Do you khnow how many people like or hate Michael Schumacher?

The foreign grid girls are pack of the package and i am happy to hear u are also F1 enthusiast. :cheers:

Hungaroring ans Spa always demands turning on the TV three hours before the race. That is some real good eye-candy. Will try my best to see the country and people through naked eyes (pun intended).

what are you saying man?? u want us to concentrate on GULLI DANDA and other local games?? look it will provide huge employment and huge revenues through tourism. and that surely improve ur reputation. guys, market drives by sentiments.

It might be Gulli Danda for us educated urban folks, but hundreds others sweat it out in the non-AC gyms and the akharas and win medals for the country. Thats real reputation for me.

I understand the probable employment that it will generate. In all probability the real high-skilled jobs will go to expats before local grads can ramp up. And the number of jobs isnt going to be high either.

Hungaroring ans Spa always demands turning on the TV three hours before the race. That is some real good eye-candy. Will try my best to see the country and people through naked eyes (pun intended).

So u are watching it for the girls .. Huh??

I am an ardent follower of F1 and makes sure i dont miss any including the last one in Belgium.

Waste of resources in my view. All this money can be better spent in developing other sports at the grassroots level. Unfortunately, glamour is all that counts.

Firstly,the Jaypee group is developing it and in the sports city will be a sports complex,a hockey stadium,a cricket stadium and a race track.

Secondly,this is being developed by Jaypee group and not from taxpayers money.

Now the advantages of F1 in India:-

1.10,000 people will get employed.

2.A big boost to countries tourism and hotel industry.

3.And finally a facelift to India's image.

Firstly,the Jaypee group is developing it and in the sports city will be a sports complex,a hockey stadium,a cricket stadium and a race track.

Thanks dude. You saved me from these bloody F1 haters .:D

Im sure the Noida ground will be world class including the cricket stadium. :cheers:

See mate, as its a private owned company, if this money wasnt spend on the track it would have gone to, say for example a real estate thing.

If government was involved in the money spending we can surely condemn it.

I see it as a business opportunity, lots of jobs probably in 1000+ for graduates. Lots of foreign revenue, lots of sports tourist thereby creating another revenue, global attention, etc etc..

Its the difference in both our views that makes us differ.

Ya surely its a rich man's game but nobody is forced to play it.

Benny, first of all, there arent going to be thousands of jobs. Apart from the unskilled labor used during construction, I dont think running a F1 race wont need more high-skilled folks than say a regular international cricket test match or the IPL series.

I also agree about this being a business opportunity and it will definitely put India on the world map. But for me, it will also be another reminder of the stark disparities in our country.

Anyway, I dont want to play the spoilsport for the F1 fans here. For your sake, I hope it comes out well and you guys enjoy it.

It might be Gulli Danda for us educated urban folks, but hundreds others sweat it out in the non-AC gyms and the akharas and win medals for the country. Thats real reputation for me.

I understand the probable employment that it will generate. In all probability the real high-skilled jobs will go to expats before local grads can ramp up. And the number of jobs isnt going to be high either.
dude, u got it all wrong, F1 is considered as a global game. and it is always welcome if we do good in it. as per your argument, we should not concentrate on tennis, golf etc because they are rich people's games. sorry, but leander paes, bhupati, arjun atwal bring us the same level of pride to country as any other folks. why dont you consider this as an industry (like IT industry, BPO) who will surely generate revenue for us?

Already replied to your points in other posts and these are valid point. But I still think we didnt need a F1 track

I have to say, I do not like the track not because it is India but primarily because I, like many other F1 fans, have become bored of Hermann Tilke's design. Bored of the chicane, right/left turn, long straight combo and other stuff. Yes, Istanbul Park is breathtaking but overall F1 needs another track designer since it's becoming monotonic to see one designer and his not-so-evolving ideas.

Otherwise, I'd love to go to India and see the GP. I'm pretty positive I'll go and see an Indian GP in the next five years.

Force India girls aren't really that great compared to what we get to see at Hungaroring and Spa-Francorchamps. Hope there's better eye-candy at the GP.

Sir..it will be the second fastest track..my advice is to not miss the oppurtunity and visit India......... :cheers:

You spoke too soon

From Wiki

In October, 2007, the FIA signed a Rs 1600 crore contract with JPSK Sports Private Limited to organize an F1 race in India. JPSK is owned by Jaiprakash Associates (74%), Sumeer Kalmadi[4] (son of Suresh Kalmadi, IOA president) owned Sulba Realty Private Limited (13%) and Delhi based Trackwork International Pvt Ltd (13%)

We shouldn't judge him because of the mistakes of his father.

So u are watching it for the girls .. Huh??

I am an ardent follower of F1 and makes sure i dont miss any including the last one in Belgium.

That was frankly insulting. Girls are an added bonus. I'm a fairly passionate petrolhead and autoracing fan (NASCAR not included).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom