What's new

India to join International Space Station

great news ... i hope we can get good tech support to accelerate our space program ,,

Good going India....A far as I can recall, China and South Korea were also invited to join the this Project...Why did not they join?

Good going India....A far as I can recall, China and South Korea were also invited to join the this Project...Why did not they join?

for china the same reason we refused to join russian T-50``because we are building our own space station atm, they gonna launch the testing capsule in 2013, and completion in 2020

but have no idea about S.K, maybe financially and technologically not ready?

Good news.....

But I would also like to add my 2 cents here :P
Given how Indians work( how conservative they are in making use of a used cocnut oil container atleast to say),I am imagining a module made by ISRO for ISS......... lol..certainly we will beat them in utilisation of space and offering of modules at a fraction of cost.

for china the same reason we refused to join russian T-50``because we are building our own space station atm, they gonna launch the testing capsule in 2013, and completion in 2020

Well what does T 50 has to do with Space Station? And Russians have had their own space station before anyone else in the world can actually contemplate it. After decommissioning of the Space Shuttle programme only the Soyuz has the capability to carry the payload to ISS. Chinese withdrew from the ISS invitation as there were a lot of restriction in knowledge sharing for the Chinese....the Indian draft is yet to be read.

OT:- The Chinese were never invited to the T 50 programme. The Russians knew about your indigenous program earlier so they never bothered to ask.

But these kinds of projects are very costly and could cost 100's of billions of dollars and have no specific benefits for individual countries. They benefit the human race. It is prestigious to join such projects and it a recognition of a country’s pre-eminence in the comity of nations

Anyway best of luck the Chinese endeavour :cheers:

But these kinds of projects are very costly and could cost 100's of billions of dollars and have no specific benefits for individual countries. They benefit the human race. It is prestigious to join such projects and it a recognition of a country’s pre-eminence in the comity of nations

Anyway best of luck the Chinese endeavour :cheers:

they were asking for our money and not willing to share the techs involved, which makes the word 'international' meaningless, hence we rejected..

thats why I hope india will get a fair deal.

they were asking for our money and not willing to share the techs involved, which makes the word 'international' meaningless, hence we rejected..

thats why I hope india will get a fair deal.

Maybe you should go through the ISS agreements once again. There is not practically technology sharing agreement with any other nation.Each nation design their own module and dock it with ISS.Each nation can conduct the experiments they wanted to in their own modules.
If at all there is any technology sharing, it gotta be the docking mechanisms and rendexvous systems and procedures.......

Back
Top Bottom