What's new

India to ink Rs 25,000 crore Sukhoi and helicopter deals with Russia

All these big deals go to foreigners. We imported planes from Russia 40 yrs ago, we import them today. We are the end loosers. We need to learn to build heavy helicopters and large planes.

And with the current rate of developing, India should be importing 40year from now

It was a great relief that we are making MKIs in India. The spares were never an issue for the maintenance crew.
It was interesting that several parts were just thrown away rather than repaired.

On the other hand the worst case was that of MiG-27s.Just one word-Nightmare.

And with the current rate of developing, India should be importing 40year from now

I hope even for longer, because that means we will remain one of the technically most advanced forces, since we have access to all kind of foreign high techs, which is a huge advantage!
However, the ammount of our imports will clearly go down in the coming years, so we can benefit from both, indigenous developments and foreign techs. :smokin:

42 new MKI... i don't understand, when indian govt will understand. 42 is not a small number, they should have gone for 42 new SU-35 (or su 35 MKI) then new MKI.

Its same platform, so wont be difficult to digest TOT.

42 new MKI... i don't understand, when indian govt will understand. 42 is not a small number, they should have gone for 42 new SU-35 (or su 35 MKI) then new MKI.

Super Sukhois characteristics are similar to those of the Su35 like better avionics and AESA radar

Strengthened structure to carry 3 nuclear capable Brahmos missile, reduced RCS, most powerful AESA radar operational in the world.

No ma'am, IAF has already set-up infrastructure & logistics for Su-30mki, it already has too many types of ac in it's inventory, it can't afford another type of ac which will demand new infrastructures, logistics, training, etc. so it is following on with the same ac. Anyways Super-sukhois will be very close to su-35 in capabilities like AESA, reduced RCS, RAM coatings, etc.

Strengthened structure to carry 3 nuclear capable Brahmos missile, reduced RCS, most powerful AESA radar operational in the world.

are u sure about 3 brahmos?? i thought only 1 Brahmos can be accommodated on it's centerline.

are u sure about 3 brahmos?? i thought only 1 Brahmos can be accommodated on it's centerline.

Normal MKIs can carry one Brahmos without any modification.

DSCN2331.JPG

Are we not getting super sukhoi ? This news says that we ll get 42 sukhoi MKI.
IF we are getting sukhoi MKI only then do we have any different deal for super sukhoi ?

w shoul'v asked for th ToT of the Hips

I think two reasons

Too much burden on HAL

The retrospect of the quality and time frame for HAL may have made the MoD think to buy directly from Russia

Normal MKIs can carry one Brahmos without any modification.

DSCN2331.JPG

No, i don't think current MKIs can carry a brahmos, for that the weight of the missile has to be reduced drastically & airframe of sukhois has to be strengthened which will be done in super-sukhois, again it will carry only one brahmos on it's centreline.
@sancho pls correct me if wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, i don't think current MKIs can carry a brahmos, for that the weight of the missile has to be reduced drastically & airframe of sukhois has to be strengthened which will be done in super-sukhois, again it will carry only one brahmos on it's centreline.
@sancho pls correct me if wrong.

Airlaunched Brahmos are light, compared to the ground or Sea launched versions.

Last edited by a moderator:
good,this will assure indian air force one of the world top air forces.

Back
Top Bottom