What's new

India To Extend Range of Missile Interceptor to 5,000 Km

samlove

Reaction score
Country
India
Indian scientists are upgrading the nation’s indigenous ballistic missile defense (BMD) system to extend the range at which it can kill an incoming missile from 2,000 kilometers to 5,000 kilometers.

The first phase of the BMD system has been completed, a Defence Ministry official said.

Avinash Chandra, the newly appointed head of the state-owned Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), said the agency has given top priority to the BMD effort.

A DRDO scientist said the second phase of the program is in advanced stages of development and the first intercept test is likely to be completed by the end of the year.

The improved version will include advanced homemade radar and guidance systems, added the DRDO scientist, but will be an add-on of the first phase.

India’s homemade BMD system can engage enemy ballistic missiles at the exo-atmospheric layer, just beyond the atmosphere, and at the endo-atmospheric layer within the atmosphere, the DRDO scientist said. To increase hit probability, the system can launch two to three missiles each for exo- and endo-atmospheric interception simultaneously.

The interceptor’s speed is between 4.5 and 5 mach. A typical battery hasa long-range radar, missile launchers, mission control centers and other ground systems.

The complete network of radars, launch batteries, missiles control centers and launch control centers is geographically distributed and connected to a secure communication network.

The first phase of the BMD program, which can target missiles at a range of up to 2,000 kilometers, is now in the induction stage, and the system first will be installed around New Delhi, added a source in DRDO.

I am curious to know the RADAR they gonna use/develop !!

is it possible ? couldnt it be intercepting missiles of range 2-5k kms ?

So... After 4 years this super dooper missile shield must be already completed?

Indian scientists are upgrading the nation’s indigenous ballistic missile defense (BMD) system to extend the range at which it can kill an incoming missile from 2,000 kilometers to 5,000 kilometers.

The first phase of the BMD system has been completed, a Defence Ministry official said.

Avinash Chandra, the newly appointed head of the state-owned Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), said the agency has given top priority to the BMD effort.

A DRDO scientist said the second phase of the program is in advanced stages of development and the first intercept test is likely to be completed by the end of the year.

The improved version will include advanced homemade radar and guidance systems, added the DRDO scientist, but will be an add-on of the first phase.

India’s homemade BMD system can engage enemy ballistic missiles at the exo-atmospheric layer, just beyond the atmosphere, and at the endo-atmospheric layer within the atmosphere, the DRDO scientist said. To increase hit probability, the system can launch two to three missiles each for exo- and endo-atmospheric interception simultaneously.

The interceptor’s speed is between 4.5 and 5 mach. A typical battery hasa long-range radar, missile launchers, mission control centers and other ground systems.

The complete network of radars, launch batteries, missiles control centers and launch control centers is geographically distributed and connected to a secure communication network.

The first phase of the BMD program, which can target missiles at a range of up to 2,000 kilometers, is now in the induction stage, and the system first will be installed around New Delhi, added a source in DRDO.

R u serious dude. Mach 4-5 speed for 2000-5000 km. Kia solar power per chalay ga interceptor missile...

@waz @Oscar
take care of the elite troll....!

I know. Truth hurts. This is not one of those Indian defense forums, where only pro Indian views are tolerated. Anyone with neutral view about India will be banned. That is why I here in this forum for many years is because this site respect valid impartial opinions.

I know. Truth hurts. This is not one of those Indian defense forums, where only pro Indian views are tolerated. Anyone with neutral view about India will be banned. That is why I here in this forum for many years is because this site respect valid impartial opinions.
Neutral view? read your post again....it isn't even remotely related to the op!!

hahha the faithfuil follower is already here ! have a bone !

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom