What's new

India To Construct 4 LPDs

we can get 5 Austin classes for about 500 million USD , now that US is inducting the San Antonio class I think US will be willing to provide us those ships.......but to tell the truth I don't think we need LPD's or LHD's at this moment what we need are more subs and anti sub warfare stuffs to counter the rapidly rising sub fleet of China

Both L&T and Pipavav have great capabilities. I am glad to see that now our private shipyards will play an important role. All the best.

It doesnt make sense.

For second line of ships - IN can get a lot of value out of ex USN ships.

True, but only wrt operational requirements, since amphibious warfare is not as important as IN makes it currently. However, don't forget the industrial side of the deal too, gaining know how in building vessels with a well deck is important for our naval industry too. But generally I agree, that the cost / benefit ratio is not good and that IN should review their requirements and look for better solutions.

China will build 40000tons LHD.

I have to say India is very lucky to get the help from other countries.

Last edited:
Good news in that private indian shipwards to be awarded the contracts.More and more contracts should be forwarded to private shipyards.

China will build 40000tons LHD.

I have to say India is very lucky to get the help from other countries.

Great thing no
Let's play a game

Take a number from 1 to 10 multiply it by 6 now + 4
& finally multiply it with zero then tell me what number you got

If you like the INS Jalashwa the US has like 10 more of the Austin class in the mothball fleet.

True, if they are available at the price we paid for the Jalashwa, we should have bought four more of them, instead of making our overworked shipyards build these at several times the price. Instead our shipyards should concentrate on making more destroyers and frigates (kolkatas and shivaliks) to form our future CBGs.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom