What's new

India to conduct a joint air force exercise with Egypt soon

Good. I just hope that the IAF exposes other fighter types and their crew to exercises as well. Mostly it's the Su-30MKI and it's crews that go for international exercises outside India.

Would be good to validate tactics that the Egyptians have evolved for their Rafale and MiG-29SMT fleets.

Good. I just hope that the IAF exposes other fighter types and their crew to exercises as well. Mostly it's the Su-30MKI and it's crews that go for international exercises outside India.

Would be good to validate tactics that the Egyptians have evolved for their Rafale and MiG-29SMT fleets.

Egypt will be wary of exposing their tactics to India/IAF given India's close relations with Israel ...

Yes, I saw that earlier this morning. Long time overdue if you ask me. Both airforces operate not only similar aircraft in 3 examples, but the variety that many around here keep using as an example of a "logistical nightmare" while India has effectively proven the opposite with great success, hence why it would be very beneficial for the EAF to have consistent exercises with the IAF in all aspects.

MiG-29M/M2, similar to the MiG-35. The EAF doesn't operate the SMT, that's Algeria I believe and the M/M2 is almost identical to the K in the Indian Navy minus the hook and probably some other smaller features such as beefier landing gear etc.

Egypt will be wary of exposing their tactics to India/IAF given India's close relations with Israel ...

Yeah they're like that with almost every other airforce, especially the US and even Greece who is probably our #1 ally in the Mediterranean region since they also have close relations and frequent exercises with those northeast neighbors of ours. There's probably a certain level of performances they'll apply and not indulge beyond that. What can really be relayed is basically the level of pilot performances which is no big deal. The rest is easily well known to all sides from spying networks and basic intel etc. But this is good, either way.

Back
Top Bottom