What's new

India to call on millions of non-residents to defend rupee - sources

Ha ha ha... Atrocities in India will reach the news and in the coming months Congress will be taught a lesson by the people of India... And let rupee reach its new lows... but 2014 will be a dynamic year for India!

Rupee diving now @61.196, day high @61.461

the people of india are not complaining!

I very well know that not 100% of the Indian defect budget goes into buying the new equipment's, It is you who is posting the nonsense... I am comparing Indian defence budget as a whole Vs Sum of Defense Budget as a whole of the rest of the three countries. At present circumstance does it come anywhere near the halfway mark?

So, according to you, the defense budget is allocated solely for Military purchases and does not cater for salaries, maintenance, upgrades, deployments, transports, r&d etc., is that right?

I agree that cost of Maintenance is 3 times higher... But you big brain failed understand a simple logic that India have atleast 3 times more money to buy more equipment's and training.

It is NEITHER that Pakistan allocates 80% of its Defense budget on buying new equipment's and just 20 is for maintenance NOR that India allocates just 20% of its Defense budget on buying new equipment's and 80% on maintenance. The percentage for both countries remains almost same.

If you still cannot understand simple, India is the largest importer of the defence equipments in the world, It definitely gives an edge to China for sure, but it does NOT give any advantage to Pakistan, As Pakistan's Defence Industries are not in lime light either!

If you still don't understand India's Import in 2010 is 3337 and 787(same unit) roughly 4.24 times.

Reg that you can post 95% of the force on Indian border, then India can atleast do it 50% dedicated for Pakistan... That is more than enough! And don't dream that China will come to your aid... no sane country would do that!

The first para is precisely what I said, that India has to invest 3 times in troop maintenance, deployment, training, logistic etc. which bites off a large chunk of the overall defense budget.

As for imports, Pakistan manufactures a lot of arms from Tanks to Jets for which it imports equipment but saves a lot of cost overall unlike India which cannot even produce an APC. Larger import bill is nothing to be proud of.

And finally, India as the aggressor will always require a larger army whereas Pakistan will always require substantially lesser force just to defend its borders.

I agree that China has a strong manufacturing sector... China is miles ahead of India in defence, No denying that fact, But still it will not wage a full fledged war against India... All India - China wars will be only border skirmishes... Neither India, Nor China are nuke trigger happy.... like Pakistan... If you think CPC is like the Chinese PDF warriors then you are deeply mistaken!

India also is willing to create a defence manufacturing sector, At least Indian MMRCA, FGFA and other deals point in that direction. How it will materialize should be seen in the years to come!

Discussing a war b/w China and India was not my point in the post, read it again. I was posting the fact that Chinese military expenditure was an insignificant debate especially in USD as the relevance b/w USD/Yuan is what actually counts.

So, according to you, the defense budget is allocated solely for Military purchases and does not cater for salaries, maintenance, upgrades, deployments, transports, r&d etc., is that right?

That is wrong, read again my original post!

The first para is precisely what I said, that India has to invest 3 times in troop maintenance, deployment, training, logistic etc. which bites off a large chunk of the overall defense budget.

Percentage remains the same! I gave LOT of simple examples.... Sorry that you chose to not think about that!

As for imports, Pakistan manufactures a lot of arms from Tanks to Jets for which it imports equipment but saves a lot of cost overall unlike India which cannot even produce an APC. Larger import bill is nothing to be proud of.

India is also manufacturing the tanks (T90's and Arjuns) and Jets (Sukoi 30 MKI) Under license and TOT... Indian defence sector is pathetic.... but it is always a level above Pakistani defence Industries.... Still it could NOT meet Indian requirements, So India imports, It offers no advantage to Pakistan!

And finally, India as the aggressor will always require a larger army whereas Pakistan will always require substantially lesser force just to defend its borders.

You can bury your head in the sand and say the Sun rises in the west... But I can't help! India was NEVER offensive in all 4 Indo-Pakistan wars.... You don't trust my words for that.... Find neutral sources in Google, If you believe then the whole world is against you! Then all the best!

Discussing a war b/w China and India was not my point in the post, read it again. I was posting the fact that Chinese military expenditure was an insignificant debate especially in USD as the relevance b/w USD/Yuan is what actually counts.

If China was not a point then leave it alone!

That is wrong, read again my original post!

Percentage remains the same! I gave LOT of simple examples.... Sorry that you chose to not think about that!

So roughly, what percentage of the defense budget is allocated for staffing matters?

India is also manufacturing the tanks (T90's and Arjuns) and Jets (Sukoi 30 MKI) Under license and TOT... Indian defence sector is pathetic.... but it is always a level above Pakistani defence Industries.... Still it could NOT meet Indian requirements, So India imports, It offers no advantage to Pakistan!

Licensed production & manufacturing are 2 different things, you are merely putting together manufactured pieces of MKIs and how many Arjuns are in active duty, if any??? Pakistani defense industry is a lot more self reliant then India. And it offers a significant advantage to Pakistan, something that I cannot even imagine explaining to you.

You can bury your head in the sand and say the Sun rises in the west... But I can't help! India was NEVER offensive in all 4 Indo-Pakistan wars.... You don't trust my words for that.... Find neutral sources in Google, If you believe then the whole world is against you! Then all the best!

Well, I can agree to the other wars but 1971 was a direct interference of India in our internal matters. In Kargil, it was India that escalated the matter to each corner of the world and even after Mumbai terrorism it was India that amassed almost a million troops at our border!

What do you call all that, if not aggression?

If China was not a point then leave it alone!

Licensed production & manufacturing are 2 different things, you are merely putting together manufactured pieces of MKIs and how many Arjuns are in active duty, if any??? Pakistani defense industry is a lot more self reliant then India. And it offers a significant advantage to Pakistan, something that I cannot even imagine explaining to you.

Is that a joke or what?

Can PAC design and develop indigenous trainers,fighters,utility and attack helicopters?I dont mean a JV,What is pakistani contribution to JF 17 other than Software work?

India have been manufacturing jet fighters since 1950s (read HF 24 Marut),Hindustan Aeronautics limited is the largest aerospace company in South Asia,it has annual turnover of $2 billion.It is also capable of developing aircraft own is own,it could develop a jet engine back in the 1960s,many of its indigenous products have served the armed forces for long-Marut,Kiran ,Deepak,Dhruv

Indian aircraft industry is more self reliant than Pakistan,when we consider both licensed and indigenous designed aircraft.when when we say Licensed production,it means complete production and even engines sometimes,It have been manufacturing aircraft Harlow PC-5 to Gnats to Mig 21s to Su 30 MKIs.For the Su 30MKI,even engines are manufactured in India,India developed many subsystems like Mission Computer cum Display Processor ,Radar Computer,Tarang Mk2 Radar Warning Receiver (RWR),High Accuracy Direction Finding Module (HADF),Identification Friend or Foe system,Integrated Communication suite ,Radar Altimeter,Programmable Signal Processor,Multi Function Displays, Core Avionics Computer (CAC) etc.

Now can pakistan make such contributions to a JV?try to use wikipedia atleast before making such claims,here-Hindustan Aeronautics Limited

124 Arjuns have been built,124 more (mk2)have been ordered,and army is expected to order more.Yes T 90s and Arjuns are manufactured at Heavy Vehicles Factory

Yes

Is that a joke or what?

Can PAC design and develop indigenous trainers,fighters,utility and attack helicopters?I dont mean a JV,What is pakistani contribution to JF 17 other than Software work?

India have been manufacturing jet fighters since 1950s (read HF 24 Marut),Hindustan Aeronautics limited is the largest aerospace company in South Asia,it has annual turnover of $2 billion.It is also capable of developing aircraft own is own,it could develop a jet engine back in the 1960s,many of its indigenous products have served the armed forces for long-Marut,Kiran ,Deepak,Dhruv

Indian aircraft industry is more self reliant than Pakistan,when we consider both licensed and indigenous designed aircraft.when when we say Licensed production,it means complete production and even engines sometimes,It have been manufacturing aircraft Harlow PC-5 to Gnats to Mig 21s to Su 30 MKIs.For the Su 30MKI,even engines are manufactured in India,India developed many subsystems like Mission Computer cum Display Processor ,Radar Computer,Tarang Mk2 Radar Warning Receiver (RWR),High Accuracy Direction Finding Module (HADF),Identification Friend or Foe system,Integrated Communication suite ,Radar Altimeter,Programmable Signal Processor,Multi Function Displays, Core Avionics Computer (CAC) etc.

Now can pakistan make such contributions to a JV?try to use wikipedia atleast before making such claims,here-Hindustan Aeronautics Limited

124 Arjuns have been built,124 more (mk2)have been ordered,and army is expected to order more.Yes T 90s and Arjuns are manufactured at Heavy Vehicles Factory

Yes

Lol....Wouldn't it have been easier to copy-paste the whole Wikipedia article here??

If only it was as effective as put forth in golden words. And again, licensed production is not the same as manufacture, let me correct you that you are merely manufacturing MKIs from kits. Finally, is HAL the only response to overall argument of comprehensive defense production of our respective countries?

Arjuns were dumped on your Army, the Army was coerced into purchase of all of those 124 Tanks! May as well have burnt that money.

If only it was as effective as put forth in golden words. And again, licensed production is not the same as manufacture

Do you manufacture JF 17?Putting together the CKDs from China,wats your contribution to the JV?Software codes?We have been designing,developing and manufacturing jet fighters since 1950s.And yes India manufactures Su 30 MKI

let me correct you that you are merely manufacturing MKIs from kits.

Get a life kiddo,even AL-31FP engines are manufactured in HAL Koraput, India.Only a few components like FADEC are fully imported,Indian designed components are also manufactured in India.HAL have been manufacturing several aircraft on its own,including indigenous and foreign aircraft,It is a fully fledged aerospace firm,unlike Pakistan Aeronautical Compkex(or Pakistan Assembly Complex ?? )

Do you manufacture JF 17?Putting together the CKDs from China,wats your contribution to the JV?Software codes?We have been designing,developing and manufacturing jet fighters since 1950s

Again with the Jets???? Dude, is that your total defense industry???????

Our contributions can be read on many hundreds of articles on JF-17. If you are really interested.

Get a life kiddo,even AL-31FP engines are manufactured in HAL Koraput, India.Only a few components like FADEC are fully imported,Indian designed components are also manufactured in India.

kiddo??? really??

Even China cannot fully manufacture the Engine and you think India does? Again, it imports most of the material in kits and puts them together. Then it is called build in India, complex play of words really.

Again with the Jets???? Dude, is that your total defense industry???????

No,its not - you've many more examples

Indigenously developed and License produced Jet fighters,jet Trainers,basic trainers,utility Helicopters,combat helicopters,Transport Aircrafts and jet engines(link)

ICBMs,IRBMS,Quasi Ballistic Missiles,SLBM,SAMs,AAms and BMD Developed by DRDO.

Guns,Mortars, developed and Licensed produced by OFB,Torpedos,ATGMs,.Battlefield Management Systems, Support Systems,MBRLs,Micro Air Vehicles,Bridge Layer Tanks,And even microprocessors for Radars,Sonars and missiles (see link)

Aircraft Carriers,Destroyers,frigates,Corvettes and the like built at Indian shipyards,using Indian made radars,management systems and Sensors,Gearboxes,diesel Generators

Nuclear Submarines whose hull,SONARs,reactor and many other components are made in India

Many Radars -WLR,Indra,Indian Aerostat,Rohini,Revathy and Many more(link)

Imaging Satellites,that can also be used as spy sats(link).

Tanks and IFVs made at AVADI,Troop carriers and utility vehicles made by Indian companies like Tata and Ashok Leyland

There are many many more..............

Our contributions can be read on many hundreds of articles on JF-17. If you are really interested.

Please list some of them,atleast the names please.

kiddo??? really??

You may be an adult,but you are acting like a kid.

Even China cannot fully manufacture the Engine and you think India does? Again, it imports most of the material in kits and puts them together. Then it is called build in India, complex play of words really.

China can manufacture an engine,its Indigenously Developed Engines are undergoing testing on fighter aircraft.The same with India,We developed several jet engines (A centrifugal jet engine in 1960s,A experimental one for Kiran trainer in 1960s,GTX 37,GTX 37UB in 1980s and GTX 35 VS Kaveri)Our Kaveri underwent testing on a IL 76 testbed,It will be used in AMCA and UCAVs

We are even developing a Scramjet ,and you say we cannot build a licensed produced turbofan?

I dont know which English dictionary you use, but licensed production is same as manufacture.. Its not same as development for sure though...

Do you expect people who hardly have any R&D program to understand that??:what:

Back
Top Bottom