What's new

India to buy Iran gas via sea pipeline

I dont think you need submarines to attack under sea pipelines. I doubt if Iran will be willing to give guarantees of the entire pipeline right from Iran to where it reaches India.

Complicated deal and really not worth it since we have the nuclear deal now.

Suggest me few weapons which can cause harm to the pipe..

It would be interesting to debate on that , eventhough it has been discussed earlier ..

Suggest me few weapons which can cause harm to the pipe..

It would be interesting to debate on that , eventhough it has been discussed earlier ..

So is it difficult for a terrorists to go scuba diving anywhere along the length of the pipeline from Iran to India and cause damage with even a small intensity bomb.

The pipeline under the sea is much safer than the pipeline on the land. and in the long run it is more beneficial.

About the cost, I'm not too sure. the article above says 4 bln for the construction cost...thats too less compared to Iran-pakistan gas pipeline project wchich was more than 7 bln. logically the indian project should cost higher,considering the distance it will cover (more than pakistan)and that too under the sea.may be the other additional costs of the project ,if any,has not been added and mentions just the construction cost.

So is it difficult for a terrorists to go scuba diving anywhere along the length of the pipeline from Iran to India and cause damage with even a small intensity bomb.

Average depth of Indian ocean is 3890 meters.. forget scuba, not even a known submarine can reach that depth.

Average depth of Indian ocean is 3890 meters.. forget scuba, not even a known submarine can reach that depth.

Let me go through data from existing sea pipelines. .

BTW - Iran India pipeline will come via Arabian sea.

I was just wondering what if something happend to this pipeline like blast or get hit by some ship whatever.......The news from indian side will be watchable....

Pakistan ney challi aik aur Bhiyanak Chall....Pakistan key chacha rehman ney dee training atankwadio ko :lol:

I was just wondering what if something happend to this pipeline like blast or get hit by some ship whatever.......The news from indian side will be watchable....

Pakistan ney challi aik aur Bhiyanak Chall....Pakistan key chacha rehman ney dee training atankwadio ko :lol:

No way ... even a submarine can go only to 1500+ meters..

so forget the suicide bomber underwater.

i think pipeline remains at enough depth so that no ship can hit it.and in case of blast valves can be turned off,well some repairing will be needed.

No way ... even a submarine can go only to 1500+ meters..

so forget the suicide bomber underwater.

Special submergence vehicles are available that can go as deep as 4500 m.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom