What's new

India to buy $8 billion generators from China

Your trolling is totally misdirected. It is purchased by a private Indian company whose owner can repay this amount out of his bank balance.

And, the said owner can buy several countries out of his bank balance. Good for him, good for us that he's going for this deal. You know, we have our self-respect, we aren't like certain countries which beg for aid since they aren't capable of repaying loans anyway (even if someone were to agree to lend them in the first place).

Have you ever considered that this can also be interpreted as, manufacturing doesn't require brain power, but needs more manpower, so lets procure it from someone who has more manpower to manufacture it... Have you ever considered this POV???

India with a population of 1.3 billion is short of manpower?

Nope only short of electric power, that why we are importing. :lol:

Obviously I know that, just wondering why the above poster chose to use manpower as a reason why they can't produce the generators in India.

Obviously I know that, just wondering why the above poster chose to use manpower as a reason why they can't produce the generators in India.

Dont worry over it man.. power is still required for laying electric lines, putting up transformers , installing power meters etc..

I dont believe a china guy will show up infront of my house and say "heyyy mannn u owe me 34.50.. be a man!!!... :lol:

Not sure whether I should take your post at face value or try to read something into it. In case it is the latter, I'd advice you to use the power of google to visit news sources other than Xinhua and People's daily.

India can, and does produce generators, and I cannot believe we are discussing such an asinine thing here. The thread starter obviously has no understanding of economics, and is thoroughly brainwashed into the 'Chinese superiority' crap.

Jokes apart, the thing is that we do not have companies who can manufacture such heavy engineering items in India...that's what i feel.

Will India ever payback the loans ???

errr...TROLL...! well as u asked let me tell you that, let alone INDIA..! The billionere who is buying these generator got worth of $45 billion according to forbes and forth richest man on planet he can pay it at any given point of day...!

Troll away....:coffee:

errr...TROLL...! well as u asked let me tell you that, let alone INDIA..! The billionere who is buying these generator got worth of $45 billion according to forbes and forth richest man on planet he can pay it at any given point of day...!

Troll away....:coffee:

Gosh 45 billion is higher than forex reserves for a lot of countries..

Its heard he will surpass the rest to become number 1

Jokes apart, the thing is that we do not have companies who can manufacture such heavy engineering items in India...that's what i feel.

We certainly do manufacture them but not at the same scale as China, but the thread starter is a brainwashed commie with no knowledge of basic economics.

The deal was good for Indoa-Chinese relation,but a setback for the domestic companies

We have potent companies here in the form of BHEL which also qualifies as a quality producer of power equipments,just because Chinese products r cheap they r suffering even after have good quality products

Ya? Which company?

Mind you I'm talking of 'coal-fired generators'.

NTPC-BHEL-bharat Forge certainly do. Google is your friend!

Try Jindal's website too.
Try Mahindra energy's (and many others besides) website for other stuff coz' anyhow the economically illiterate thread starter and some others here are talking about any kind of generator and not just coal fired ones.

Wtf is this?There are 5-6 indian firms such as BHEL,L&T,kirloskar,CG etc which manufacture generators.So does many companies of germany,japan,south korea,US etc.Reliance went for a chinese manufacturer because they must have offered cheapest deal or best value for money.It is good for both china and india.Shame on those chinese bashing india for this.

Reliance Power is from ADAG group imo..

Back
Top Bottom