What's new

India to buy $8 billion generators from China

peaceful

Reaction score
Shanghai Electric Group Co.’s $10 billion contract to supply coal-fired generators to India’s Reliance Power Ltd. shows Chinese equipment makers are increasing exports as the domestic market shrinks because of government measures to curb pollution, analysts said.

Shanghai Electric $10 Billion Order From India Signals China Export Surge - Bloomberg

All indians should appreciate such help. Our banks gave you a multi billion loan to let you purchase such generators deadly needed by your average citizens.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shanghai Electric $10 Billion Order From India Signals China Export Surge - Bloomberg

All indians should appreciate such help. Our banks gave you a multi billion loan to let you purchase such generators deadly needed by your average citizens.

All smart indians should also question the regime in new delhi, how you can claim to be "incredible india" when you can't even make such generators and have to buy from your enemy.

A classic case of poor understanding... The line from the article quoted, is given here... For the deal, Reliance Power signed a $12 billion financing agreement with Chinese banks in Shanghai.... Please understand it is just a LOAN, not financial aid... And Reliance Power has to PAY the amount back to the bank it is taking the loan from...

And are you suggesting that because we BUY some power equipment from outside, we become not SO smart... Have you ever considered that this can also be interpreted as, manufacturing doesn't require brain power, but needs more manpower, so lets procure it from someone who has more manpower to manufacture it... Have you ever considered this POV???

A classic case of poor understanding... The line from the article quoted, is given here... For the deal, Reliance Power signed a $12 billion financing agreement with Chinese banks in Shanghai.... Please understand it is just a LOAN, not financial aid... And Reliance Power has to PAY the amount back to the bank it is taking the loan from...

please keep playing your excuses. the biggest difference between Chinese and indians are you guys talk, we work.

oh, btw, did I tell you that those generators are offered to india with 150% of its market price in China?

did I mention that as a part of the contract, those generators have to be installed and maintained by Chinese?

please keep playing your excuses. the biggest difference between Chinese and indians are you guys talk, we work.

oh, btw, did I tell you that those generators are offered to india with 150% of its market price in China?

did I mention that as a part of the contract, those generators have to be installed and maintained by Chinese?

Indians talk and chinese work... yeah right... Indians improved their economy during the period 1992 - 2010, just by TALKING and by NEVER working...

And it is common business practice to make hay while the sun shines... So inflated prices are part and parcel of business... Have you ever heard of the term AMC??? We use this term in India quite a lot... It means that if you buy any machine, instead of you trying to attending to technical issues yourselves, get the vendor to look into it and save your time... They are contractually obliged to fix any technical issues that may come up...

And I can also twist the argument around and say, since the chinese are so insecure about the final quality of the machines manufactured by them, they not only sell their machines, but they also send their manpower to take care of them... They will be on site in case of frequent breakdowns... Can I take it like that???

peaceful u need to lean economics,
reliance is a big industry operation all over india..and the owner of reliance Ambani is the 4 richest in the world..
if u add both ambani brothers wealth,they will be the richest in the world..
and also know that,when reliance signed this deal,it will provide employment for chineese people,and reliance gets the work done in low cost..
it's buisness..
And why would he take aid from u,he is 4th richest in this world...

lol,,This guy is insane,,,he always search for troll in evrything..! poor kid..!

Indians talk and chinese work... yeah right... Indians improved their economy during the period 1992 - 2010, just by TALKING and by NEVER working...

first of all, I didn't read any further than the above quoted lines. clearly there isn't too much info in it, so why we don't just trash it first?

now, please explain to me why 18 years development + 60 years independence is still not enough to build such simply generators in india?

please, no crap, just answer the confusing bit.

peaceful u need to lean economics,
reliance is a big industry operation all over india..and the owner of reliance Ambani is the 4 richest in the world..
if u add both ambani brothers wealth,they will be the richest in the world..
and also know that,when reliance signed this deal,it will provide employment for chineese people,and reliance gets the work done in low cost..
it's buisness..
And why would he take aid from u,he is 4th richest in this world...

this is another interesting bit, it is also the reason why the entire world is laughing at you:

one of the poorest nation has such rich people.

first of all, I didn't read any further than the above quoted lines. clearly there isn't too much info in it, so why we don't just trash it first?

now, please explain to me why 18 years development + 60 years independence is still not enough to build such simply generators in india?

please, no crap, just answer the confusing bit.

Let me answer this by giving an example... We had a tailor "A" in our neighborhood... During a festival period, he got so many orders for new clothes to be stitched, he wanted to hire more assistant's to help him out... When he was looking for assistant's to help him out, he came to know that there was another tailor B in the neighborhood who was free and looking to ply his skills... So instead of hiring new assistant's, tailor A just took the services of the other tailor B for a fixed amount, but tailor B charged more than a normal assistant... but since tailor B was ready to work, tailor A didn't think twice...

And now replace tailor A with Reliance Power, tailor B with Shaghai Electric and clothes with Power generation and read the above again...

And BTW, google the term "power generator manufacturers in India" and you will get your answer whether India can manufacture power generator's or not...

Back
Top Bottom