What's new

India to buy 60-63 Rafales jets off the shelf from France; MMRCA deal off:

F-35 is better choice.
I highly doubt that India will accept to have a fighter jet under foreign control.
You don't really think that US will sell you AMRAAM and let you have full control of your F-35 do you ?

I highly doubt that India will accept to have a fighter jet under foreign control.
You don't really think that US will sell you AMRAAM and let you have full control of your F-35 do you ?
That was sarcasm.:sick:

might as well of bought the F-35 then :rofl:

F-35%20CTOL%20jet.jpg

or 126+ super hornets/growlers with TOT
You came with F16 during tender if you came with F35 with tot then definitely you will get 20 billion$deal.But F35 not battle ready????

:angry:Well at least this tender is making for some entertaining reading

The Rafale is amazing:smitten:, though I'd still take an F/A-18 over it;
b029ff3dff2ef7e7ae630626583a1da5.jpg

rafale1049.jpg

At the rate this tender is going though, this might be the only choice India is left with:hitwall:;
First_airplane_takeoff_from_a_warship.jpg

Hoping for some positive movement in the coming days:yahoo:.

And I know all about the stings attached (so don't lecture me on the politics of US sale:pissed:), but still, the backup option remains a good choice too;
Super_Hornet_on_flight_deck.jpg

1786924.jpg

why not india is not Britain but can be a successful ally of US in south Asia.they have given Us many high-tech equipment's like globemaster & c-130j super hercules ,P8i Poseidon Many projects on its way why not fighters.

:angry:Well at least this tender is making for some entertaining reading

The Rafale is amazing:smitten:, though I'd still take an F/A-18 over it;
View attachment 213828

View attachment 213831

At the rate this tender is going though, this might be the only choice India is left with:hitwall:;
View attachment 213829

Hoping for some positive movement in the coming days:yahoo:.

And I know all about the stings attached (so don't lecture me on the politics of US sale:pissed:), but still, the backup option remains a good choice too;
View attachment 213833

View attachment 213834

Btch please 8-)

11102985_404845639686236_4099398540249149145_n.jpg

Fjh9zz.jpg

Reuters) - India is hoping to mark a visit by its Prime Minister to France starting on Friday by finalising a deal for dozens of French fighter jets that the two countries have been negotiating over for more than three years, four French officials said.

Le Monde newspaper reported earlier on Friday that talks centred on the purchase of 63 Rafale jets for 7.2 billion euros ($7.7 billion), although the number of planes was not finalised.

A French diplomatic source said there could be an announcement as early as Friday evening but that the deal could ultimately involve fewer jets: more than the 24 France sold to Egypt in February but fewer than 50.

"There were discussions that lasted throughout the night," said a French government source, who declined to be identified due to the sensitivity of the talks. "We are probably in the final straight. We have never been so close."

Indian officials confirmed that a major push was on to reach an agreement to buy the Rafales during Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit to Paris.

Talks have been going on for more than three years over how to resolve differences over pricing and local assembly for the planes, which are manufactured by Dassault Aviation.

The firm, whose shares were up 4.2 percent by 1426 GMT, declined to comment, as did the French president's office.

The original Indian Rafale contract - for 124 planes including 108 made in India - was worth $12 billion but was widely estimated to have increased to $20 billion, primarily because of the implications of building some of the jets in India.

It is not clear how the Paris talks fit into that deal.

Analysts say Dassault's Rafale deal with Egypt in February may have helped break the logjam in negotiations with other customers since they are now on notice that if they want to have the Rafale they may have to wait for it.

India's military says it needs to start replacing its ageing jet fleet from 2017.

India, France close to deal on Rafale jets - sources| Reuters

3 squadrons. 21 aircraft in each squadrons.

Break-up
• 18 x active aircrafts
• 1 x aircraft in servicing
• 1 x standby aircraft
• 1 x trainer aircraft

Back
Top Bottom