What's new

India to build 6,000 MW nuke plant in Andhra Pradesh

Further away from the borders. the better!

Actually now that dictum does not make much sense because of the IRBMs in case of Pakistan and ICBMs in case of China. I heard a more practical reason was the presence of sea coasts in West and South India. If we notice most of the upcoming nuke plants are on sea coast.

Actually now that dictum does not make much sense because of the IRBMs in case of Pakistan and ICBMs in case of China. I heard a more practical reason was the presence of sea coasts in West and South India. If we notice most of the upcoming nuke plants are on sea coast.

True, didn't suggest that was the only reason but being further away from the borders doesn't hurt. You still get more time to detect any launches & act accordingly.

Further away from the borders. the better!

how does that make sense? any science?

All your thinking i wrong..
the TN protests were engineered adn bankrolled by US thru church, scandy NGO because the pant was russian. now if they get to do AP, I expect Kudankulam to magically get the green light and all protests to stop.
thus what really is good for people (i dont know what that is) is arm twisted by vested interest groups.

Time to have at least 2 x 6000 MW nuclear sites in UP.

not whole UP but bundelkhand is good choice as the land is not that fertile there. West UP is highly dependent on Northern grid and Uttrakhand. Agra line got tripd recently leading to the failure of 3 national grids simultaneously. Why govts are not thinking on power issue?? any guesses??

thanks for the link but but there is no such physics there its is just an assumption that coolant are easily avlble near sea shore but same can be provided by canals and rivers

Only difference is the water is again released into the river which will harm the ecosystem because of the difference in volume between rivers and seas and tidal actions.

What strategy? Are they going to transfer the electricity to north and NE??

Strategic reasons in times of war. A F-16 is less likely to bomb a plant in Kerala than in Rajasthan.

thanks for the link but but there is no such physics there its is just an assumption that coolant are easily avlble near sea shore but same can be provided by canals and rivers

but during emergencies say a leak like in japan....we need sea water ( water in huge quantities ) to cool the reactor fast...otherwise the reactor may burst leading to nuclear fallout.

http://news.yahoo.com/japan-quake-hit-nuclear-plant-may-still-leaking-124543969.html

Only difference is the water is again released into the river which will harm the ecosystem because of the difference in volume between rivers and seas and tidal actions.

Strategic reasons in times of war. A F-16 is less likely to bomb a plant in Kerala than in Rajasthan.

Well there are several canals which carries wastes of big cities and do big harm if we can construct long canal such as Ganga canal why cant the canal constructed solely for nuclear purpose.
Secondly, Seas and Oceans also have eco systems. Are you saying that Oceans ecosystem will not be destroyed but land ecosystem will be destroyed?

Missiles like DF-41, DF-31A, DF-31, DF-5A, DF-5, DF-4 can easily reach Kerala. This is very silly reason that since northern states are within reach of enemy no power project to be carried out there

Back
Top Bottom