What's new

India to Borrow and Spend More in 2010-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

And for ur kind information even USA borrows and Americans are biggest borrowers on earth so should they fell ashamed about it.

thanks

It is ridiculous to compare a poor, backward, third world country like India with the US where people have a much higher std of living and a basic safety net.

India is still very primitive with its largest population of poor, hungry and illiterate people. India is a place where two-thirds of the population still defecates in the open.

It is ridiculous to compare a poor, backward, third world country like India with the US where people have a much higher std of living and a basic safety net.

India is still very primitive with its largest population of poor, hungry and illiterate people. India is a place where two-thirds of the population still defecates in the open.

And its also ridiculous that people like you live in the United States, how did you even manage to get in with a mindset like yours ? You are the perfect definition of a true loser. If you cannot give good arguments don’t post crap. You haven’t still answered even one question and you continue to flame. You India obsession and huge inferiority complex is evident from your post. Your are a shame not only on a Muslim but also on Pakistan, thank god other Pakistani's do not think like you.

This guy is seriously damaging this forum with his idiotic musings and its very sad that he is still here, No matter what we post he continues to flame and post crap again and again.

i thought u had gone on holidays or something...but hell no..back with ur idiotic ramblings...r u trying to get the topspot for india bashers? if india is poor, backward and third world what is pakistan??? can u describe pakistan in three words.... and what r u doing in US..u should be in pakistan...

These kinds of statements... should they be attributed to Pakistani Zahaniyat or Idiotic Zahaniyat....My vote is on the second..

Lol.guyz spare him. He is frustrated very much. .let the world see his great knowledge abt toilets

Ok, go to any investment agency or economic expert and ask whether they would invest in a backward, third world country like India. Most of them would say yes. why? because they believe in us, just like we do. You with your skewed views will never see the positive side of anything.

And since you are in the US, you probably have a pension fund. Then realise this. A good part of that pension fund will be invested in emerging markets, of which india is a part. and pension funds are usually subtracted from one's salary. so basically a part of your income is invested in india. now you wouldn't want that investment to be wasted would you?;)

ah.....your heartfelt concern for our poor is very touching.

take one third of the effort you use in finding data about India and do something constructive for your own country. I mean, your level of obsession with India and concern for our rivals that of any Indian!

come on admit it (nudge, nudge)...you really love us don't ya!

Ok, go to any investment agency or economic expert and ask whether they would invest in a backward, third world country like India. Most of them would say yes. why? because they believe in us, just like we do. You with your skewed views will never see the positive side of anything.

And since you are in the US, you probably have a pension fund. Then realise this. A good part of that pension fund will be invested in emerging markets, of which india is a part. and pension funds are usually subtracted from one's salary. so basically a part of your income is invested in india. now you wouldn't want that investment to be wasted would you?;)

take one third of the effort you use in finding data about India and do something constructive for your own country. I mean, your level of obsession with India and concern for our rivals that of any Indian!

lol he is in deep love with India, that good thats 1 billion and 1 now :P

No one can invest my money anywhere without my consent.

India is just one of dozens of choices for emerging market investors, and it has not been the best performing either. The reality is that investments in Pakistan have significantly outperformed investments in India during the entire decade of 1999-2009.

Haq's Musings: Karachi Tops Mumbai in Stock Performance

As to the poor, it's widely acknowledged that most middle class and rich Indians don't care much for their poor. That's the the reason why such grinding poverty continues to exist in "resurgent India" today.

Haq's Musings: Grinding Poverty in Resurgent India

No one can invest my money anywhere without my consent.

India is just one of dozens of choices for emerging market investors, and it has not been the best performing either. The reality is that investments in Pakistan have significantly outperformed investments in India during the entire decade of 1999-2009.

As to the poor, it's widely acknowledged that most middle class and rich Indians don't care much for their poor. That's the the reason why such grinding poverty continues to exist in "resurgent India" today.

Haq's Musings: Grinding Poverty in Resurgent India

So no one can invest you money without your consent lol do you know where your mutual funds are invested exactly. Please dont Embarisyourself here, your stupidity is amusing. Now lets about the BSE lol. Do you know the BSE's total market capitalization is 10 times the total GDP of Pakistan lol here are some real facts for you peanut head.

The Bombay Stock Exchange Limited (formerly, The Stock Exchange, Mumbai; popularly called Bombay Stock Exchange, or BSE) is the oldest stock exchange in Asia and has the greatest number of listed companies in the world, with 4700 listed as of August 2007. It is located at Dalal Street, Mumbai, India. On 31 December 2007, the equity market capitalization of the companies listed on the BSE was US$ 1.79 trillion, making it the largest stock exchange in South Asia and the 12th largest in the world.
With over 4700 Indian companies listed & over 7700 scripts on the stock exchange, it has a significant trading volume. The BSE SENSEX , also called the "BSE 30", is a widely used market index in India and Asia. Though many other exchanges exist, BSE and the National Stock Exchange of India account for most of the trading in shares in India.
Awards
• The World Council of Corporate Governance has awarded the Golden Peacock Global CSR Award for BSE's initiatives in Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).
• The Annual Reports and Accounts of BSE for the year ended March 31, 2006 and March 31 2007 have been awarded the ICAI awards for excellence in financial reporting.
• The Human Resource Management at BSE has won the Asia - Pacific HRM awards for its efforts in employer branding through talent management at work, health management at work and excellence in HR through technology

LOL so please don’t talk about investments and BSE. I can write a whole essay about how investments at the BSE are many times safer than investment even on the New York stock exchange. Again your stupid research continue to be exposed as ever, check your facts before you post nutjob.

So no one can invest you money without your consent lol do you know where your mutual funds are invested exactly. ...

LOL so please don’t talk about investments and BSE. I can write a whole essay about how investments at the BSE are many times safer than investment even on the New York stock exchange. Again your stupid research continue to be exposed as ever, check your facts before you post nutjob.

It's clear you know nothing about mutual funds disclosure requirements in the US. Not only do they disclose which countries they invest in, they also describe details of their holdings in SEC-mandated disclosures.

As to the history of Mumbai stock market or the Karachi stock market, it is irrelevant to me as an investor. What is important is what kind of returns I get from them. Returns speak louder than any of your bluster.

What you don't know or don't want to know is the whopping 825% increase in KSE-100 from 1999 to 2009, which makes it a significantly better performer than the BRIC nations. Compare that to China (150 percent), Brazil (520 percent) and Russia (326 percent) and India (274 percent). This is the kind of performance that has got the attention of some of the top investors and investment firms around the world.

Haq's Musings: Goldman, Franklin-Templeton Bullish on Pakistan's Economy

economics stuff

Well while writing this probably I am wasting my time but then there aint much to do on a Saturday morning.

Why Returns Alone Shouldn't Be Considered While Making A Portfolio

First things first.
The return of any security is determined by the risk being taken. We calculate this by using Sharpe ratio which basically tells us the return/risk beyond the risk-free rate.

Now the second important part. In modern portfolio theory the risk of a portfolio is judged by the summation of the standard deviation of the individual securities. For eg if there are two securities then:

S.D (portfolio) = (w1^2*S.D ^2(1) + w2^2*S.D^2 (2) + 2.S.D(1)*S.D(2))^1/2

Where w1 and w2 are weights of individual securities and S.D is standard deviation.

IF the correlation between two securities is less than 1 then the overall portfolio risk is reduced ( though the combining securities had more risk , can be deduced mathematically from the above equation)

The portfolio diversification can only reduce the unsystematic risk though the systematic risk(think of the whole economy as a perpetual motion machine) remains.

So what does this diversification depend on.

If we look at various sectors in our economy then their returns are related to business cycles. Some are positively correlated and some are negatively. This gives rise to securities which are not perfectly correlated and can be used to diversify a portfolio.

With this minor information (which is largely inadequate to understand portfolio theory) lets move on to the question why returns alone shouldnt be considered while investing money or why even if KSE offered superior returns , people are more likely to invest in India.

In top-down approach to security valuation the first thing to be considered is the economic environment of the country or region where one wants to invest. This largely depends upon govt. ( dictatorships being treated as unfavourable) and general economic regulations of a country. Now dont make me devalue Pakistan is economic sense because that is a well known truth.

The second primary reason is the lack of negatively or lowly correlated securities needed for portfolio diversification. BSE provides a more favourable mix of securities.

Lastly, High returns and low risks are not possible and against the law of effective market .KSE might have outperformed various indexes but that doesnt matter an inch because the reward/risk ratio is too less for investors as compared to a BSE or NYSE.

Got it? Else take some lessons from me on Modern Portfolio Theory for FREE.

P.S : Do me a favor and please dont blabber your false economic theories here. They disgust me no ends.

P.P.S : Reward/Risk and not just rewards speaks much louder then any of your bluster.

Last edited:
It's clear you know nothing about mutual funds disclosure requirements in the US. Not only do they disclose which countries they invest in, they also describe details of their holdings in SEC-mandated disclosures.

As to the history of Mumbai stock market or the Karachi stock market, it is irrelevant to me as an investor. What is important is what kind of returns I get from them. Returns speak louder than any of your bluster.

What you don't know or don't want to know is the whopping 825% increase in KSE-100 from 1999 to 2009, which makes it a significantly better performer than the BRIC nations. Compare that to China (150 percent), Brazil (520 percent) and Russia (326 percent) and India (274 percent). This is the kind of performance that has got the attention of some of the top investors and investment firms around the world.

Haq's Musings: Goldman, Franklin-Templeton Bullish on Pakistan's Economy

and now its clear that you dont know anything about Mutual funds in United States. Buddy i have stuided in the United States and also lived there so dont tell me about mutual funds. As per United States law the destination of the funds do not have to be disclosed until and unless the risk ratio is higher than normal. Go and read US law before you make broad assumptions. If you pick diversified mutual funds there is no way the bank is going to tell you where all the funds will be invested. Its obvious your cutting and pasting isnt helping you a lot. Now to your illogical KSE argument. First and foremost you are very cleverly only point out towards the good side of the KSE. If it has grown by 825% (Which is also made up by the way by you) then why hasn’t the average investment gone up. Let me explain to you basic economics, I hope it get through your hard head –

1) The KSE is often rated as one of the most volatile exchanges in the world. With an average daily movement of about 5%, the KSE fair very low on the short term investors list, who make up a huge chunk of the overall investors. Now in kindergarten language that means that if I invest 1 dollar today there is a huge change I will not be left with much tomo but ya maybe if I hold on for 8 years I will get a 800% return, but how many people do that ?

2) The companies listed on the KSE have been always known to literally make up their annual figures. With no real governing body existing in Pakistan, companies can basically say what they want on their balance sheets. Regulators and auditors are normally just “Paid Off”. This is a huge deterrent as you never know what the real shape of the company is like for the investor.

3) The huge turmoil that engulfed the KSE in 2008 wiped off almost $37 billion from its market value, further cementing the fact that the stock exchange isn’t a viable investment option yet. Most of th investment you talk about comes from Pakistani’s living outside the country which again its really investment but more remittance.
Just to point out the volatility of the KSE, this is a picture from the stock exchange itself. One can easily see the amount of peaks and valleys to figure out that the value decreases and increases at a pace which is very discouraging to the investor.

69abbafb66a275e746d05e9bfd6bb3f5.jpg

Don’t even compare the BSE with the KSE as that is nothing but a joke. Again, please check you sources before you post and don’t make up statistics again. Not everyone here is nut head like you.

Last edited:
Well while writing this probably I am wasting my time but then there aint much to do on a Saturday morning.

Why Returns Alone Shouldn't Be Considered While Making A Portfolio

First things first.
The return of any security is determined by the risk being taken. We calculate this by using Sharpe ratio which basically tells us the return/risk beyond the risk-free rate.

Now the second important part. In modern portfolio theory the risk of a portfolio is judged by the summation of the standard deviation of the individual securities. For eg if there are two securities then:

S.D (portfolio) = (w1^2*S.D ^2(1) + w2^2*S.D^2 (2) + 2.S.D(1)*S.D(2))^1/2

Where w1 and w2 are weights of individual securities and S.D is standard deviation.

IF the correlation between two securities is less than 1 then the overall portfolio risk is reduced ( though the combining securities had more risk , can be deduced mathematically from the above equation)

The portfolio diversification can only reduce the unsystematic risk though the systematic risk(think of the whole economy as a perpetual motion machine) remains.

So what does this diversification depend on.

If we look at various sectors in our economy then their returns are related to business cycles. Some are positively correlated and some are negatively. This gives rise to securities which are not perfectly correlated and can be used to diversify a portfolio.

With this minor information (which is largely inadequate to understand portfolio theory) lets move on to the question why risks alone shouldnt be considered while investing money or why even if KSE offered superior returns , people are more likely to invest in India.

In top-down approach to security valuation the first thing to be considered is the economic environment of the country or region where one wants to invest. This largely depends upon govt. ( dictatorships being treated as unfavourable) and general economic regulations of a country. Now dont make me devalue Pakistan is economic sense because that is a well known truth.

The second primary reason is the lack of negatively or lowly correlated securities needed for portfolio diversification. BSE provides a more favourable mix of securities.

Lastly, High returns and low risks are not possible and against the law of effective market .KSE might have outperformed various indexes but that doesnt matter an inch because the reward/risk ratio is too less for investors as compared to a BSE or NYSE.

Got it? Else take some lessons from me on Modern Portfolio Theory for FREE.

lol common deathgod why are you embarrassing the poor fellow. He is Wikipedia in human form lol Mr.Haq don’t dip your fingers into something you have no idea about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom