What's new

India the Superpower? Think again

BJP can't reverse any of those schemes, they are cleverly designed from a populist angle that no future government would dare to overturn them.

When I see those policies I wonder to myself, is the Congress party on foreign payroll trying deliberately to destroy India's economy?

ManMohan Singh is a highly-educated economist, surely he knows the right thing to do, but he isn't doing it.

I think you have hit on it rightly. The whole idea is to destroy people's self respect so that they behave as poodles. Indians , traditionally, have been rather autonomous and believe in minimal government. The strategy of the Congress is to create a class of citizens, mainly among the poorer ones, who have to look up to the government for every need.

Then of course it is easy to manipulate the Pavlov's dogs

MMS is certainly an American agent.

The Crossed the border many time and went back, you did nothing.. I Think The Indian War machine does have some weak points etc in the Northern border. Whether they are beaurocratic hurdles or delays or maybe even Political lack of will. Maybe because of Lack of political or national consensus on who is the real threat!

Yeah but that is due to the LAC not being properly demarcated. Or if they were really planning an invasion, hardly makes sense to go back. Also Indo-Chinese border is in the Himalayas, which makes large scale military action very unfeasible as it is hard to maintain logistics and supply lines.

Rupee depreciation is not a disaster but a ploy by GOI, If we can keep the inflation low it will be advantage India. Already depreciation is showing its affect as the trade deficit got reduced, with the increase of exports and decline of imports.

As time progress our local industry will grow and economy will be good and strong :cheers:

Rupee dropped because federal reserve mentioned "slow QE"

And since India has been printing rupee notes faster than how federal reserve print greenbacks, any slow down will cause rupee to fall. And India need to print rupee to pay off debt. India economy is build upon sand and when the wind blow, it will come crashing down.

This is not likely. People who are hungry will sell their vote for a warm dinner for their family on election night. And congress has wide reach to these people, the majority of Indians.

Democracy is not suitable for India today, not when most people are hungry.

On that I agree. Traditionally we have had benovolent monarchies but with virtual autonomy and democracy at village / caste levels (Swiss style). Democracy at national level is a violence to India's ethos.

There is nothing wrong with Democracy in itself. I just don't think it's the right thing for my country at this stage of development.

But there is a very big difference in how different countries implement democracy.

Democracies in the developing world (like in Africa/Latin America/Middle East/South Asia) have not performed as well as democracies in the Western world.

The difference is implementation.

Rupee dropped because federal reserve mentioned "slow QE"

And since India has been printing rupee notes faster than how federal reserve print greenbacks, any slow down will cause rupee to fall. And India need to print rupee to pay off debt. India economy is build upon sand and when the wind blow, it will come crashing down.

It is not !

I will explain it later mate :cheers:

Yeah but that is due to the LAC not being properly demarcated. Or if they were really planning an invasion, hardly makes sense to go back. Also Indo-Chinese border is in the Himalayas, which makes large scale military action very unfeasible as it is hard to maintain logistics and supply lines.
Dude the insurgency was hardly of a battalion level and I think the Indian military is capable of atleast holding it back!
There was a clear lack of will in the politicians!

Some one is afraid of India becoming super power and India's rise and they are showing their insecurity here :omghaha: :omghaha: :omghaha:.

Surely India is on the path of becoming economic and military power :cheers:

It remind me the famous phrase, "When people start feeling jealous of you, that means you are progressing in reality." :omghaha::omghaha:

It remind me the famous phrase, "When people start feeling jealous of you, that means you are progressing in reality." :omghaha::omghaha:

You know your growth has fallen to 4.4% (below most other developing economies), your fiscal and trade deficit is the largest in the developing world, and your currency is collapsing?

If anything, the enemies of India would be cheering the Congress party to continue wrecking the Indian economy.

There is nothing wrong with Democracy in itself. I just don't think it's the right thing for my country at this stage of development.

But there is a very big difference in how different countries implement democracy.

Democracies in the developing world (like in Africa/Latin America/Middle East/South Asia) have not performed as well as democracies in the Western world or even in East Asia.

The difference is implementation.

Democracies are successful in small, homogeneous societies (like the Western European nations) where there is unstated agreement between the citizens on most issues. Democracy is a very poor instrument for sorting out fundamental differences to viewpoints and priorities. And it is terrible when the differences in communities are overt and hostility producing. In case of India, it is virtually the tyranny of a minority.

In my view, big nations like China, India and Russia are inherently unsuitable for democracy at national level because it does not scale up well. However, maximum financial and operational autonomy should be given to the local levels.

Why would America send their agent in India?

The reply would be too long for this forum.

Back
Top Bottom