What's new

India tested AUV ( autonomous underwater Vehicle)

A typical military mission for an AUV is to map an area to determine if there are any mines, or to monitor a protected area (such as a harbor) for new unidentified objects. AUVs are also employed in anti-submarine warfare, to aid in the detection of manned submarines.

This will add a Two Tier Defence against the Agosta Threat.

In The Air : P8i
In The Water : AUV

May be it can have a "Suicide" Mode and can directly take on an enemy Sub.

More over this might be used in Aircraft Carrier Fleet as well.

Well this can be used as a midget submarine as well.In case of a war MARCOS will use these vehicles to storm Gwadar port,since it is away from India unlike Karachi,Probably these will be carried in a large ship very near to the coast.Wonder if these vehicles would have been available in war of Normandy the number of deceased would have been very few

Come on be serious. This thing can only operate at a depth of 100-150m and it can only travel at speeds of 2-4 knots per hour for 4-6 hours. That means it can only travel for 8-24 knots, that's 9-27 miles lol. How can it "storm Gwadar port"?

Come on be serious. This thing can only operate at a depth of 100-150m and it can only travel at speeds of 2-4 knots per hour for 4-6 hours. That means it can only travel for 8-24 knots, that's 9-27 miles lol. How can it "storm Gwadar port"?

it is just a trail version real ones coming later in this decade:toast_sign:

demo-pic.jpg

looks like a Cruising Torpedo to me!

I know this AUV development from close quarters. Let us not dream of anything exotic. It is an usual system for surveying an area for flora, fauna, bathymetry, topography, etc. It is mostly designed for working near shore and in protected zone.

It has nothing to do with DRDO and is purely a civil sector effort. Ministry of Earth Science is involved in developing technologies for ocean (purely in science area), climate, tsunami, antartic exploration, ocean exploration, gas hydrates, etc. It is no way connected to defence.

Though the technology can be used for mine detection, but again it may not be suitable for operation in enemy space. Again it is battery powered so has limitation of range.

All these systems are being developed towards Deep Sea Mining and exploration.

So no speculations and dreams.

:smitten::cheers:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom