What's new

India test-fires ballistic missile interceptor

oh I missed the party. Anyways, congrats to every Indian. Enemy can Cry now.

Sorry to burst your bubble but this is only an endo-atmospheric test. Lets talk when you can do an exo-atmospheric test like we did in 2010. Btw has the US confirmed this test? I can only believe if a 3rd party has confirmed it. Indian media and military tends to exaggerate every little thing it achieves.

Oh btw, congrats ;)

Sorry to burst your bubble but this is only an endo-atmospheric test. Lets talk when you can do an exo-atmospheric test like we did in 2010. Btw has the US confirmed this test? I can only believe if a 3rd party has confirmed it. Indian media and military tends to exaggerate every little thing it achieves.

Oh btw, congrats ;)

We dont have free media like you guys.

Oh btw, congrats ;)

there is a youtube video of the actual test.
and what specific bubble are you talking about?
and which genius here claimed it to be a exo-atmospheric test?

and the military never exaggerates anything,its the media.

Oh btw, congrats ;)
chinese members always talk cute. just for ur information
''The PADE (Prithvi Air Defence Exercise) was conducted on November 2006 in which a PAD missile successfully intercepted a modified Prithvi-II Missile at an altitude of 50 km (31 mi). The Prithvi-II ballistic missile was modified successfully to mimic the trajectory of M-11 missiles.
DRDO plans to test the anti-ballistic shield against missiles with a range of 1,500 km (930 mi). The test will be conducted with a modified Prithvi missile launched from a naval ship and the anti-ballistic missile launched from Wheeler Island. The interception of the target missile will take place at approximately 80 km (50 mi) altitude.[17]
On March 6, 2009 DRDO carried out a second successful test of the PAD interceptor missile. The target used was ship launched Dhanush missile which followed the trajectory of a missile with range of a 1,500 km (930 mi). The target was tracked by Swordfish (LRTR) radar and destroyed by the PAD at 75 km (47 mi) altitude.'' anyways :welcome: to pdf.

Good for India.. But still more tests needed as Indias weapons do not always work as expected to

You are very right bro... But atleast give em credit... Atleast their missile flew up in the air, this is a big accomplishment for India as when India does missile tests, the missile usually falls back to the ground

Than no countries weapons work as expected, no country was successful like Pakistan in all missile tests!!!! lol When you cannot design a car of your own, its funny that you talk about BMD.

Oh btw, congrats ;)

"Celebrations broke out at Wheeler Island following the success of the mission, which was the eighth ballistic interceptor missile test. So far seven missions have been successful and one of them, the first one was conducted in exo-atmopshere at an altitude of 48 km in November 2006."

The Hindu : News / National : India proves capability of missile defence system

Oh btw, congrats ;)

You Moron, the "Exo-atmospheric" tests have been successfully conducted "Twice" in the Past.

Here is the video, you idiot !

Now, buzz off !

Wait .... why don't you post the video of the Super Duper 2010 test the All Hail Mighty China conducted !!!

Till then Aoa Mao Chao !!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
When you are done with your emotional bull crap. You can take off your shorts and show me the little man. I'd smile and move on. You can be the big person with a smaller peni*s, thats fine.
Duplicate superiority comes from you guys. A developing nation of 1.2 billion people, half of which don't have proper beds to sleep on. But on this forum, you guys act like you are the next US. It's called grandiosity and alter ego. Usually requires a medication called Resperidol.
Show me the facts or you don't need to debate with me. I am not here to please you. I am here to discuss facts. If you've REALLY read all my posts....there are Indian members that I appreciate talking to and thank for their knowledge sharing. In fact take a look at Gessler's response and my thank you. I had a simple question and he answered it. You wanted to go defensive and get personal....so be a professional and act like one and you'll get the same. You try to show me your fake ego, we'll have discussions about life :). Getting girly emotional wouldn't help with me. Let's talk facts and numbers

You might have wide tentacles, but please, do not pull it off in a public forum. India, however it may be or should be is not a matter of your good concern, however this same nation has also been a cause of your country's employment nightmare. It might not be wise to go intelligent on you. Consider it my ambiguity that I still have a smiling face on you for it is enough to rend a mocking forebear.

Good news everyone.

‘Enemy’ ballistic missile to be downed in space next month

Next month, the Defence R&D Organisation (DRDO) will attempt to shoot down an incoming “enemy” ballistic missile in outer space, well before it enters the earth’s atmosphere. The DRDO chief, Dr VK Saraswat, has told Business Standard that a newly developed Prithvi Defence Vehicle (PDV) interceptor missile will be launched from Wheeler’s Island, travelling 110-150 kilometres into space, where it will destroy an incoming missile fired earlier from an Indian Navy warship in the Bay of Bengal.

This comes on the heels of the DRDO’s successful Nov 23 test of its Advanced Air Defence (AAD) interceptor missile, which destroyed an incoming target missile at an altitude of 15 kilometres. Together, the AAD and the PDV missiles, along with their radars and control centres, will form a two-layered anti-ballistic missile (ABM) defence system that will protect strategic targets like Delhi by 2013-14. While the AAD missile performs endo-atmospheric (inside-the-atmosphere) interceptions of enemy ballistic missiles; the PDV will conduct exo-atmospheric (outside-the-atmosphere) interceptions.

Next month’s test will feature a brand new target: a two-stage version of the Dhanush missile, launched from a naval vessel that is 300-350 kilometres from the interceptor location at Wheeler’s Island off the coast of Odisha, and soaring to an altitude of over 150 kilometres. This target missile would mimic the trajectory and speed of an enemy ballistic missile fired from 1500 kilometres away, such as Pakistan’s Gauri and Shaheen missiles. So far target missiles, fired from Chandipur just 70 kilometres away, could only mimic enemy missiles fired from a range of 600 kilometres or less.

“Firing range limitations make developing targets as much a challenge for us as developing interceptors. We have developed a boosted, two-stage version of the ship-launched Dhanush missile --- which makes it into quite another system --- taking it to a greater altitude that will mimic the actual terminal conditions of a 1500-kilometre class enemy missile,” explains the DRDO chief.

The brand new PDV will intercept the incoming target at about 110-150 kilometres altitude, far higher than the 50 kilometre-high interceptions that the exo-atmospheric PAD (Prithvi Air Defence) interceptor has been doing so far. The PDV will carry a new Indian electro-optic seeker, which will work in tandem with the radio frequency seeker that the PAD has traditionally carried. An electro-optic seeker provides greater accuracy and reliability than a radio frequency seeker in homing the interceptor onto the target.

The PDV will be a solid-fuel missile that will be powered by a sophisticated new “pulse motor”. This will provide surges of propulsion during the missile’s later stage, increasing its manoeuvrability when it is very close to the target.

“Intercepting the target at longer ranges provides several advantages. Firstly, the target is travelling slower --- some 2 kilometres per second at 150 kilometres; compared to 2½ kilometres per second at 50 kilometres altitude. Secondly, the target missile can be engaged before it enters Indian airspace, so that the debris falls into enemy territory. Finally, a longer flight time gives the interceptor more time for navigation, and the seeker can see better.

The PAD has been test-fired only twice, compared to the four test-firings of the AAD. DRDO insiders say that, with the PDV under development, there was no incentive to waste effort on the PAD. Now the PDV could well undergo a phase of intensive testing.

Alongside the actual launch of the PDV at an actual target missile, the test next month will also feature up to 6 simulated targets that will force the radars and command systems to respond. “We can launch six interceptors simultaneously --- some endo-atmospheric and some exo-atmospheric --- to handle such an attack,” says Saraswat.
The DRDO is meanwhile working on Phase Two of the anti-ballistic missile defence programme, which is capable of downing enemy inter-continental ballistic missiles fired from upto 5000 km away. The DRDO says the Phase Two shield would be deployed by 2016.

:yahoo::cheers::yahoo::cheers::yahoo::cheers::yahoo::cheers:

India, however it may be or should be is not a matter of your good concern, however this same nation has also been a cause of your country's employment nightmare.

Your are Dam- right. You guys are the biggest employment nightmare.....using Fake visa's, using unethical and illegal employment tactics, barring American workforce to get jobs where Indian managers and bosses exist....you are absolutely right. This is the nightmare the American population lives in. All because we wanted to "ïmport smart people" paid by the Indian lobby. I can write so much on here on this topic its not funny. Before you go crazy on this, you guys don't bother me. I actually have a few Indian employes that I have a ton of respect for, good people, don't commit fraud or anything. But I've seen it all, you interview someone, someone else shows up at work, hell I even know of a story where someone worked somewhere for a couple of years by using his buddies documents who was legal here. If the US agencies start to look into this situation, I can't imagine the number of your countrymen who'll be caught committing fraud. So yes, you are right. There is pure talent from India that I respect a LOT. But then there is talent who commits fraud, resulting in Americans not getting jobs instead and THAT is not cool.

Back
Top Bottom