What's new

India successfully tests short-range surface to surface guided ballistic missile ‘Pralay’ off Odisha coast: DRDO - Counter to Pakistan Fatah-1 missile

Biscuits were actually on the table but you can be forgiven as obviously Abhinandan couldn't munch and talk at the same time. :laugh:

Which brand of "phantastic" biscuits were offered to Abhinandan?

By fitting a newer more efficient engine or putting a more energetic fuel mix
the range difference is 30% more of new babur. I don't think we were using a 30% less efficienct enigne previously. Also, fuel mixes must hv be taken from a reliable 'source', and it is established science anyway. I don't think that few years ago we were using a low enthaply blend.
If so, what kind of mixture can given 30% more kick than before? It is hard to believe.

DRDO keep testing every type of missile in the world yet only 10-20% of such programs are inducted by their militarily at the end of the day

Missiles is one of the success programmes of DRDO. Except for Trishul, which was abondoned, most of DRDO programmes are inducted wrt missiles. Agni, Prithvi, astra, Akash, BrahMos JV, Barak 2 JV, Nag, Helina etc. VLSRAAM, QRSAM, SFDR are expected to be inducted in the next couple of years.

This missile is an replacement for Prithvi/Dhanush as they are based on liquid propellants and old tech.

Were the #doosraBanda also given the same biscuits in the hospital before he mysteriously died ?:coffee:

Can you ask the Ghafoora about this ? I ll Wait .... :pop:
Doosra banda lmfao. Even after your own media debunked it, you still go on about it. Petty people. Honestly...

Worry about your su30 pilots. Not ours

Were the #doosraBanda also given the same biscuits in the hospital before he mysteriously died ?:coffee:

Can you ask the Ghafoora about this ? I ll Wait .... :pop:

It gives me great satisfaction to see bakhts at the bottom of IQ level. They still couldn't forgot the humiliation of 27th Feb. Still beating the old drum of tweets. LOL!. Pakistan gave ALL evidences / proofs.. What india got a swollen face of Abhinonedone and gossips over tweets LMAO!. They got not a single documentary evidence of Balakot or F-16.. All they do is gossip, pure Flat-earthers.. They will never go for evidence. Imagine a nation which claims kills on gossips.

All international satellite and news agencies, MAXAR, EU space, Reuters rejected indian hilarious and comical explanations of Balakot strikes.. PRE-POST satellite photo of the house exactly same! On top indian media spin to that event gave us lifetime opportunity to ridicule indians on their IQ. The Bakhts think several 2000 lbs bombs from 50 kms away dropped from altitude will make a delicate hole on an ordinary house :D

For the hilarious claim of F-16.. is another comedy.
1) indian media was jumping with joy on 26th that we have ISRO satellites and we were seeing everything LIVE. It destroyed.. So why not used the same satellites and showed the debris of F-16 depite knowing exact coordinates ?
2) Most authentic defense journal counted and verfied all F-16s. On top why americans, would ditch their most important ally against China for Pakistan ?? LOL! Don't give me comical explanation that becauuuse F-16 is americannn
3) 4 AA missiles of mig-21 shown to international defense analysts.. PAF said that time anyone can come anytime and examine these.

26-27feb-PHOTOsB-1.jpg
26-27feb-PHOTOsB-2.jpg

View attachment 802611

The solid-fuelled Pralay is a truck-mounted conventional long-range rocket artillery based on 750-600 km single-stage, mobile, cannister-encased Shaurya hybrid propulsion missile, like a semi-ballistic missile, it is powered by solid fuel; and, like a cruise missile, it can guide itself right up to the target. Pralay (and BrahMos) will be used by Strike Corps to carry 800 kg payload to target, 70km deep to 120km wide, into the enemy territory. While QR-SAM air-defence will be used to protect the Strike Corps. QR-SAM and Pralay missile systems will allow India’s Strike Corps to use them as Shield and Sword on the battlefield. India needs 200 of Pralay missiles.

600-km Shaurya is a canisterised single-stage surface-to-surface tactical ballistic missile variant of two-stage K-15 or B-05 Sagarika nuclear-capable submarine-launched medium-range ballistic missile (whose name has been variously given as Sagarika or even Dhanush, officially code named as Programme B-05). It is 12 m long, 0.8 m wide, uses a two-stage solid propellant and has a range of 3,000-3,500 km. Its launch weight is 17,000 kg and it can carry a 2,000 kg warhead which is likely to be a nuclear bomb.

View attachment 802612

View attachment 802615

I loved the color of PRALAY missile light green color.... looks like hot chili.....

Doosra banda lmfao. Even after your own media debunked it, you still go on about it. Petty people. Honestly...

Worry about your su30 pilots. Not ours

You call your DGISPR Indian media ?

He specifically said #doosraBanda and goes further and detailed about his death post injuries in a hospital .

So who was it ? some pictures ? :lol:

These are useless, unless India or pak or China want a nuclear war. All BM r useless as enemy don't know if it has nuclear payload or conventional.

So the 1st one will also not be sure any the response if it would be nuclear or conventional

Hence these missiles will rot in their canisters without ever being used.
Wasting money just like America Russia

Pralay and AgniP are counter force weapons.

They will use small nukes to destroy enemy nuclear sites with pin point accuracy.

He specifically said #doosraBanda and goes further and detailed about his death post injuries in a hospital .

Im calling newslaundry indian media you kotha.

LOL! Another lowest IQ - Flat earther.. I just cannot imagine level of your frustration :D
Its good btw that you consider each word of ISPR : ) .. See his all tweets, from SU-30 to Kashmir in general. I am sure indians consider his words as 100% facts. That is very good :)

@JamD It is estonishing that for half the weight (1 to 0.5 ton), it can go just 50 km further. It seems majority of the energy is lost during launch.
For ballistic missiles that's exactly correct. Think about it. A ballistic missile flies by getting fast as it can quickly, then coasting like a rock on a ballistic path (roughly speaking).

No length of minaturisation of modern electronics/navigation system is possible that leaves 50% weight reduction. Frankly I was thinking the extended range of Babur 1B missile was the weight reduction.
The babur engines are imported? and I dont think their efficiency is inadequate. The aerodynamics can play its role, but the design is not changed that much and the speed is subsoonic.
I wonder why 1B has higher range (with same size?). Then I wonder how Tomahawk range is 2500 km if dimesnions are similar to Babur. Or 900 km range is with higher load and possible 1200 km is with low load? And Paraly is BM wheras Babur is CM.? so payload matters significantly here.?
I think it's wrong to compare a ballistic missile to a cruise missile. They are very very different. A CM is powered throughout its flight, whereas a ballistic missile is powered through a fraction of its flight. This means that propellant weight change have vastly different effects on the two. Apples and oranges.

LOL! Another lowest IQ - Flat earther.. I just cannot imagine level of your frustration :D
Its good btw that you consider each word of ISPR : ) .. See his all tweets, from SU-30 to Kashmir in general. I am sure indians consider his words as 100% facts. That is very good :)
Besides the juvenile retardship i like the argument that your DGISPR is an unprofessional person whose words cannot be believed. :pop:

For ballistic missiles that's exactly correct. Think about it. A ballistic missile flies by getting fast as it can quickly, then coasting like a rock on a ballistic path (roughly speaking).

Why Pralay quasi-ballistic missile, tested by DRDO today, will be a ‘game-changer’ for Army

Pralay, a surface-to-surface conventional quasi-ballistic missile with a range of up to 500 km, was tested from Dr A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Island off Odisha and 'met all its objectives'.

SNEHESH ALEX PHILIP
22 December, 2021 06:46 pm IST

DRDO successfully conducts maiden flight test of Pralay | ANI
DRDO successfully conducts maiden flight test of Pralay | ANI
Text Size: A- A+

New Delhi: The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) Wednesday successfully carried out the maiden test of ‘Pralay’, a new surface-to-surface conventional quasi-ballistic missile, in a boost for India’s tactical battlefield strategy.

A quasi-ballistic missile has a low trajectory, and while it is largely ballistic, it can manoeuvre in flight. The missile has a range of 150-500 kilometres and has been developed according to specifications given by eventual user, the Army.
The missile was tested from the Dr A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Island off the coast of Odisha and met all its objectives, said a statement issued by the Defence Ministry.

The statement added that the new missile followed the desired quasi-ballistic trajectory and reached the designated target with a high degree of accuracy, validating the control, guidance and mission algorithms.
The missile is powered with a solid propellant rocket motor and multiple new technologies. Sources in the defence establishment underlined that accuracy is a highlight of this missile.

Capable of being launched from a mobile launcher, it has the latest navigation system and integrated avionics, and will be part of the Artillery Corps of the Army.

Pralay will be the longest-range surface-to-surface missile in the inventory of the Army, which sources said will give a fillip to their operational plans.
The Army also has the BrahMos supersonic cruise missile in its arsenal, with a stated range of 290-plus kilometres.

‘Change tactical battlefield dynamics’
Former DRDO scientist R.K. Gupta said “Pralay is a game-changer”.
“It will completely change the tactical battlefield dynamics and India will have two conventional missiles with long range. The BrahMos will be a cruise option and this one will be the ballistic option,” he added.

Cruise missiles and ballistic missiles have their own distinct advantages.
While cruise missiles have high agility, stealth and even loitering capability, ballistic missiles have the advantage of speed and countering them is a very difficult task even for modern air defence systems.
Sources said that the Pralay missile project was sanctioned in 2015 and is a derivative of the Prahaar missile programme, which was first tested in 2011.
That missile is yet to be inducted since a greater range was sought.

Back
Top Bottom