What's new

India successfully tests anti satellite weapon. Low earth orbit satellite destroyed.

Are you suggesting that the average Indian voter is in a dilemma stuck between a rock and a hard place, having to choose between the devil and the deep blue sea? Quite a predicament that is! Any chance for a change in the social order?
Who is stuck? Not Indians.

BTW, this is derailing from the man thread of ASAT weapons. Let us move the discussion somewhere else

Exactly what i said. Indians are absolutely fucked because BJP is an extremist party while Congress is an incompetent corrupt party. No one good to vote for.
As Axomiya_lora put it rather aptly, it is a choice between the devil and the deep blue sea. The only issue is that the deep blue sea is yet invisible as it is fragmented into several water bodies, some large, some small and some fetid ponds, who are yet to unite in the true sense of the word. There is no doubt that the Indian intelligentsia has had more than enough of the current PM's churlish and plebeian antics and would love to see the last of him and his bald Man Friday. However, that intelligentsia is an insignificant minority. Never in the history of Indian politics has a PM been so reviled, ridiculed and exposed. It reminds one of the old fable of 'the boy who cried wolf.' His shenanigans have left the educated Indian red faced and has lowered the credibility of our country to a hitherto unknown nadir of disbelief. However, in the upcoming elections, the masses will NOT vote for any particular political party - they will vote for an identifiable PM. And that is where loudmouth Mr. Modi will triumph. The combined opposition has not been able to field a single viable alternative. Mr. Gandhi is very happy playing a naive 25 year old at the age of 49. He is at best the 'reluctant politician'. We are heading for darker times ahead. I hope and pray that sanity prevails across the sub-continent. IMHO, a mature and diplomatic Mr. Nitin Gadkari would be the ideal PM for India now. If I was allowed to corrupt Shakespeare, I would have said, "O Romeo, Romeo, where art thou Romeo?"

Who is stuck? Not Indians.

BTW, this is derailing from the man thread of ASAT weapons. Let us move the discussion somewhere else
Stuck as in the options before an Indian voter, that is what i could deduce from his lenghty post. Of course, people will have their own preferences. Nevermind, let's talk about ASAT.

He will win.
Sorry to say something like that to you .
But he will win.

Why I said that because the very existence and rise of the BJP is directly linked with
failure of Congress and opposition.

What do we have here now ?
22 Political families that is totally submerged in corruption .
And one nationalist party that is build up on the solid cadre system that will only considers the merit .
Take main Congress , what is the eligibility of that clown Rahul ?
Guy couldnt properly raise allegation let alone stand against the Modi .
What happened to our former President Pranab Mukherjee ?How couldnt he become the PM of India ?

If the organisational competence of a party had been enough to win elections, then
  1. The CPM would never have lost in W. Bengal, or in Kerala;
  2. The BJP would never have lost in Gujarat;
  3. The BJP would never have lost in Bihar.
Give it a break.

I am not that a scholar like you but just a common citizen .

Still worthy of respect. Don't put yourself down; nobody else is doing it or suggesting doing it.

Nation could see a new trend in last 5 years unlike past 60 years ,linking each and every incident in every nook and corner to Indian PM.

It is impossible to run a country of 1.3 billion people through one-man rule.

How could he able to influence the peopked like that ?
Its 100% sure ,PR works alone wont cut that .
So there was something that happened on ground level.

He doesn't.

Count the popular vote share he got. Less than a majority.

I am not an economist nor I know the economic perspective of Demonitisation .But what we can see especially in our state is that the exaorbitant land prices is cool down,normalised ,stable .
No more brokers that compete for real estate business ,no more money bundle in a rag cover .
All these happens just after demonatisation.
For us it seems as a positive outcome.
Now we dont need to buy a land for more than 5 lakhs per cent that too in village side.

I feel sorry for you.

Millions of daily wage workers were hit, penniless and defenceless against hunger, and you are bothered about your land speculation.

OK ,lets take this as a mere imagination.
Then a Congress mouth piece known as Malayala Manorama that always insult PM for each and everything did an investigation in 2017 after one year about demonitisation and interviewed an agent that still changing old notes to new notes illegally for client.
He is a member of a big network .
As per his info in Malappuram itself has around 50000 crore old banned notes that hide in households after one year of demonitisation .
A district only this one .

Please don't spread this kind of canard. There are no new notes for old being done after the last date was over. All old notes have gone for recycling. 2017 might have been possible; it isn't possible now.

As for 50,000 crores of old notes, please ask Nilgiri about the total number of notes printed.

Actually what kind of growth was going on here ?

Then this govt also claimed that around 18000 villages electrified ,Gas connection ,etc .
Nothing from opposition except Modi chor hai .

Performing the last mile connections after decades of electrification and electricity generation schemes is a pathetic achievement. Ask one of your friends the lead time, the gestation period for hydel power stations and for thermal.

About Pakistan obsession.
He pushed the threshold when we ordered Balakot airstrike .
Every one knows military has capability whether they uses that or not it totally depends on the govt on top .

Are you aware of the dozens of times that cross-LOC strikes had happened under previous administrations? Ask Vibrio.

Same mirage and spicecwas there after 26 /11 .
What happened ?
Ok he did that may be claims for two days then it will die down.
But opposition want to know this ,that where is proof?
Almost helped the enemy version.
Actually what kind of opposition is this .
All they could have do is thst just keep quiet .
But that wasnt their problem ,their problem
was the acceptance he got after the strike .

The difference between democracy and dictatorship is that in a democracy, we can ask questions, even of the military. In India, we can do that, although Modi and his government hate it.

In a dictatorship, or in a militarised regime like Pakistan, you cannot question the military, in spite of a thousand questions that remain to be asked.

Do you want to be in India, that there was before Modi, or do you want to be in Pakistan? It's a simple question.

About ASAT.
So you are saying ,DRDO chief,Former Chief,Former ISRO chief ,Nambi Narayanan everyone is wrong .

There is a test and there will consequences and again that depends upon the guy in the post .Previous govt couldnt do it .But he did .Capability was there years ago .
But only realised now .

No.

I am saying that Madhavan Nair, crook who favoured a private company and sold ISRO assets to them and a known Sanghi, was telling a promotional tale.

What good this capability did a few days before the election is unknown to anyone but Amit Shah, and perhaps to Modi.

What is the relation between Abhinandan commissioning as an AF pilot in 2004 and Congress rule ?
Well Salman Khurshid has some points .
Such a moron.

True.

You are clearly better than Salman Khurshid. It shines out like a bright light.

Its not that Modi is perfect .Noone is perfect .
But I can see the difference and competence of a govt that ordered new jets after 12 years and a previous govt that bring down 42 squadrons in 2004 to 33 squsdrons in 2014 .

And can you see the difference between a Modi who polishes his halo every morning and a Modi that awards the entire offset contract to a crook who is bailed out of jail by his elder brother? To the crook's company established two weeks before it was chosen to take up the hefty offset?

Classy response Sir! I doubt that he comprehends. ;)

I rather doubt it.

Exactly what i said. Indians are absolutely fucked because BJP is an extremist party while Congress is an incompetent corrupt party. No one good to vote for.

Schadenfreude.

Unfortunately, there is corruption everywhere, India is no exception. Look, I know you have a differing opinion, the fact is that both Pakistan and India have different strategic and security-related goals. Both our countries will have to fulfill them while at the same time lifting our people out of poverty. compromising India's national security or its strategic interest to allocate a few billion more into giving handouts for the poor is not going to solve anything in the long run. I wish Pakistan the best in eradicating terrorism from its soil and helping its impoverished population at the same time.

He will win.
Sorry to say something like that to you .
But he will win.

Why I said that because the very existence and rise of the BJP is directly linked with
failure of Congress and opposition.

What do we have here now ?
22 Political families that is totally submerged in corruption .
And one nationalist party that is build up on the solid cadre system that will only considers the merit .
Take main Congress , what is the eligibility of that clown Rahul ?
Guy couldnt properly raise allegation let alone stand against the Modi .
What happened to our former President Pranab Mukherjee ?How couldnt he become the PM of India ?

I am not that a scholar like you but just a common citizen .
Nation could see a new trend in last 5 years unlike past 60 years ,linking each and every incident in every nook and corner to Indian PM.
How could he able to influence the peopked like that ?
Its 100% sure ,PR works alone wont cut that .
So there was something that happened on ground level.
I am not an economist nor I know the economic perspective of Demonitisation .But what we can see especially in our state is that the exaorbitant land prices is cool down,normalised ,stable .
No more brokers that compete for real estate business ,no more money bundle in a rag cover .
All these happens just after demonatisation.
For us it seems as a positive outcome.
Now we dont need to buy a land for more than 5 lakhs per cent that too in village side.

OK ,lets take this as a mere imagination.
Then a Congress mouth piece known as Malayala Manorama that always insult PM for each and everything did an investigation in 2017 after one year about demonitisation and interviewed an agent that still changing old notes to new notes illegally for client.
He is a member of a big network .
As per his info in Malappuram itself has around 50000 crore old banned notes that hide in households after one year of demonitisation .
A district only this one .

Actually what kind of growth was going on here ?

Then this govt also claimed that around 18000 villages electrified ,Gas connection ,etc .
Nothing from opposition except Modi chor hai .

About Pakistan obsession.
He pushed the threshold when we ordered Balakot airstrike .
Every one knows military has capability whether they uses that or not it totally depends on the govt on top .
Same mirage and spicecwas there after 26 /11 .
What happened ?
Ok he did that may be claims for two days then it will die down.
But opposition want to know this ,that where is proof?
Almost helped the enemy version.
Actually what kind of opposition is this .
All they could have do is thst just keep quiet .
But that wasnt their problem ,their problem
was the acceptance he got after the strike .

About ASAT.
So you are saying ,DRDO chief,Former Chief,Former ISRO chief ,Nambi Narayanan everyone is wrong .

There is a test and there will consequences and again that depends upon the guy in the post .Previous govt couldnt do it .But he did .Capability was there years ago .
But only realised now .

What is the relation between Abhinandan commissioning as an AF pilot in 2004 and Congress rule ?
Well Salman Khurshid has some points .
Such a moron.

Its not that Modi is perfect .Noone is perfect .
But I can see the difference and competence of a govt that ordered new jets after 12 years and a previous govt that bring down 42 squadrons in 2004 to 33 squsdrons in 2014 .
(longish note warning)
Sorry to butt into your discussion with Joe.. A few small points from my end

1. No one knows if he will win or not. It is not him fighting election. It is 543 fights.
Recent results have been humbling for BJP - Lost an unthinkable election in Chattisgarh and Madhya Pradesh. Lost a yo-yo one in Rajasthan. They won't do anything in Bengal, TN - Amma is dead, AP - he is fighting with Naidu and TRS both.. That leaves UP, Maharashtra, Gujrat and Karnatka... Very difficult to carry an election on 4 states. So yes, the argument of Congress being missing was correct in 2017.. 2018 changed that. remeber, people don;t vote a president, but nominees who elect a PM

2. There is no meritocracy in BJP today. Jaitely has no qualification to be a FM, Raghuram Rajan did not deserve to be chased out fro RBI - look at the benefit of insolvency law he had created, I critiqued @Joe Shearer for a post on Indian defense purchases - but i think he is right - everything is future tense and no big deal are actually done today plus the awarding of Rafael contract to Anil Ambani is also not meritocratic
You will say, what are the option.. well, as long as we treat them at the same level on moral decadency, it is a fair question to ask and we should. Manmohan Singh, PV Narasimha rao were not big leaders - the milking process of Indian democracy brought them up.

Bigger point is - whenever India has fallen to a single leading party in our history, we have suffered and after that that party has lost in next elections - Even Indira Gandhi lost and was by far one of the best administrators of modern India we had (am not a congress walah).

Who knows, Pranab Mukherjee might have been great... leaders are not about thumping chest in a mega democracy like ours, but to find common minimum points. he is great at speeches in India. I have heard him at Davos and I have heard Tradeau, even Trump and amma Merkel.. he is nowhere close. It is just written speeches in India (the Saughand mujhe speech was just whipping up hysteria.. i almost feel for it and then realized, what the heck.. our strength has to be our economics as China is slowing down.. and he is pushing us into a war - His job is to stop attacks, not to get our airplanes downed in embarrassing ways). Corruption is prevalent in both parties, not limited to one political party. Try getting a big project in Maharashtra and you will see what I mean

3. This 'feel good' is actually a congress word and is restricted to urban areas, new channel listening, internet surfing people - smart phones are only with 20% of population. Majority of India does not get impacted by Arnab Goswami. A lot has happened in last 4 years - but a country of 1.2bn people trying to race out of poverty needs to go faster. The whole drama of demonetization has proven to be totally ineffective in economic sense and has killed (at least for 6 months) the biggest job mandi of india - the blue collar worker. Let;s be honest in our assessment. GST is good, but execution, by and large is sketchy

4. Economically, the growth is coming to a screeching halt. Bank reforms were left at where Rajan left them. Why is Anil Ambani treated different than Mallaya? they have cheated investors and we give him a contract with no checks and balance, after cancelling a negotiated contract? Sad we don't have a forum like this (at least none i am aware of) in India, I would detail this point to your satisfaction that economically, we missed a golden bus - as due to US-China dispute, only country that can benefit is India. 22% Bank NPAs, gujju families running their fiefdoms, no structure defense or manufacturing wins to show for make in India... list is long, and i promise you, am not a defeatist.. i just see we leave an opportunity

5. last mile coverage and digitization of economy - Indeed, he has done more than anyone else and deserve full and total credit for that. no one even comes close to his vision of grass root level reforms... where he struggles is execution

6. Balakote - What is wrong in opposition asking for proof in a parliamentary democracy? How and why is holding army and ruling party accountable for their work done a bad thing. This is the scariest part of last 3 months. this is electioneering of the highest kind, my fellow countrymen. do not fall for it. asking army for what you have achieved is the right of politicians. They are our representatives. We selected Mayavati and bachu bhaiyya types, so they are the ones asking question.. but why is asking questions a wrong thing?

Militarily - the article from Rajat Gupta is revealing. If those gaps are real, how can you compliment attacking Pakistan, without sorting ourselves straight first? where is the accountability of R&AW in finding out what capabilities Pakistan as.. and instead we are thumping our chest at a small skirmish and getting offended by a propaganda department of their military.. we should be prepared. In wars, you lose battles, but you learn from them and you learn when you ask questions - we are not even asking or allowing to ask question. Question poocha - to tum desh drohi ho.. Why? everyone who pays taxes or has a right to vote, has a birth right to ask question. Our military budget is primarily salaries and imports of weapons and ammunition... No indigenous growth has happened for defence production (which has economic value) and still we don;t ask why not?

Economically - We are the ones making Pakistan important. We are 2.6-2.77Tn GDP.. Pakistan is a 300Bn GDP country - It is smaller than the GDP of Maharashtra(!!!). Our quest is to be number 1 or 2 economy in the world. Indian Corporates are leading that fight from India and your expat brothers and sisters are leading that fight from here, outside India. No one even counts how many Indian CEOs run global companies. 21st century wars will be won economically.. let's fight a war where we don't have to lose country men to war mongering mullahs or insider rabid fake pandits.. but make them irrelevant and while we do that, we also pull 65% of our population out of poverty.. Our enemies will either grow with us or will be a bloody footnote in the history books if they also don't follow that path (am talking of enemies.. not any country)... Look at europe - in 1945 - it was in shreds.. they started from negative, while we were at zero.. and then ask the question... how did they progress? and how many wars?

Lastly - we will only prosper as a country, when faujis are in barracks and workers are humming the factories. we have to be strong enough to either be friends with Pakistan, or make them irrelevant or gradually disintegrate them further or border wall it.. Only theoretical option is a war! it is a battle against our first inclination and will take patience.

The point on topic is - the ability to knock down satellites has existed since a satellite launch in 2011 (if i remember correctly).. Why does the PM of India have to make an hour long national address and announce it himself? in the middle of election commission sponsored lock down? Is that not desperation? Why did he not let his defense ministry or DRDO announce this? because he wanted the limelight..

Ask the questions - because they are inconvenient but are required and the need of the hour. we shall overcome this too!

@zulu - you asked me to link you when i write about Indian elections ... read at your own risk

Last edited:
D2rpj1VX4Acj_XX.jpg

If the organisational competence of a party had been enough to win elections, then
Give it a break.

Still worthy of respect. Don't put yourself down; nobody else is doing it or suggesting doing it.

It is impossible to run a country of 1.3 billion people through one-man rule.

He doesn't.

I feel sorry for you.

Millions of daily wage workers were hit, penniless and defenceless against hunger, and you are bothered about your land speculation.

Please don't spread this kind of canard. There are no new notes for old being done after the last date was over. All old notes have gone for recycling. 2017 might have been possible; it isn't possible now.

As for 50,000 crores of old notes, please ask Nilgiri about the total number of notes printed.

Performing the last mile connections after decades of electrification and electricity generation schemes is a pathetic achievement. Ask one of your friends the lead time, the gestation period for hydel power stations and for thermal.

Are you aware of the dozens of times that cross-LOC strikes had happened under previous administrations? Ask Vibrio.

The difference between democracy and dictatorship is that in a democracy, we can ask questions, even of the military. In India, we can do that, although Modi and his government hate it.

In a dictatorship, or in a militarised regime like Pakistan, you cannot question the military, in spite of a thousand questions that remain to be asked.

Do you want to be in India, that there was before Modi, or do you want to be in Pakistan? It's a simple question.

No.

I am saying that Madhavan Nair, crook who favoured a private company and sold ISRO assets to them and a known Sanghi, was telling a promotional tale.

What good this capability did a few days before the election is unknown to anyone but Amit Shah, and perhaps to Modi.

True.

You are clearly better than Salman Khurshid. It shines out like a bright light.

And can you see the difference between a Modi who polishes his halo every morning and a Modi that awards the entire offset contract to a crook who is bailed out of jail by his elder brother? To the crook's company established two weeks before it was chosen to take up the hefty offset?

I rather doubt it.

Schadenfreude.

AFAIK CPM is still strong in Kerala ,so much that they are trying to insult Hindus beliefs and clearly violated the SC order.
But that is only for Hindus .But in front of Islamic and Christian lobbies their knees will shiver .
Even though they lost in Tripura and WB.

About Gujarat , we ,most HDI state still send our youngsters for a job to Gujarat but from former strong holds of CPM like Bengal people come here for job.
That is a different.

But still it is better than shaggy only talking coalition politics.

Millions didnt have any problem to stand in heat for hours for 6000 RS (even if they dont have a single mushroom in their land)
A common man buy a single piece of land for an affordable price then it is also better .
And on top that real possibility of a real estate bubble that could had engulf entire Indian economy was also rectified.

Of Course ,that is not reliable .
But in front of camera blurred image dont have to say a lie .
Because he is a smuggler ,Hawala dealer .Perhaps their connection might be more reliable.
The notes printed by RBI returned but what if these notes werent the one printed by
RBI .If that was a real legal currency the land value would have been remain high even after it returned to RBI .

But land value collapsed and still remain in low level even after all currencies returned means this was kept high because of a parallel counterfeit economy .
Or RBI is lying that all currency is not returned something that not possible

Yup pretty last mile so much so that 18000 villages was still outside of the coverage and took 3 years to complete

Several times did agreed.
But who showed a policy of sending a strike package in KpK that in Pak territory .
AFA we know first time after 1971.

Can you honestly tell me ?
Is this democracy or a public insulting ?
How many times these people insulted ,call names against PM and other cabinet .
And still we dont have democracy right?

How much we will go with these vicious abusing of freedom of expression?

Check this PDF or media videos across the border and even response of their leaders
our opposition peddling the same tone of theirs and they are even further twists and some time shows to UN to prove their point ,so much for democracy .

What we can see here is that blind anti Modi team is everything so much that they dont know how to differentiate between anti Modi and anti India.
Pathetic
Somebody was pointing what Ajit Doval did in 1999 as per order of GoI under the pressure of civil society ( these same Opposition Ltd)

Oh yes Madhavan Nair is a crook so was Nambi Narayanan and rest is history .

Oh why now he is Sanghi ,because he is a hindu thats the reason ? ,That is the new trend

So you are saying DRDO schedules their testing on the basis of govt convience

Are you sure the all offset contract is for him ?So no other offset contractors .

AFAIK CPM is still strong in Kerala ,so much that they are trying to insult Hindus beliefs and clearly violated the SC order.
But that is only for Hindus .But in front of Islamic and Christian lobbies their knees will shiver .

Your point being?

I mentioned them to show that organisation is not everything. Why are you mentioning them? To say that their knees shiver in front of Islamic and Christian lobbies? What does that have to do with their organising capabilities?

About Gujarat , we ,most HDI state still send our youngsters for a job to Gujarat but from former strong holds of CPM like Bengal people come here for job.

Who sends their youngsters to Gujarat for jobs? Most people head for the growth centres, and AFAIK, Gujarat isn't one.

That is a different.

Whatever this means.

Millions didnt have any problem to stand in heat for hours for 6000 RS (even if they dont have a single mushroom in their land)
A common man buy a single piece of land for an affordable price then it is also better .
And on top that real possibility of a real estate bubble that could had engulf entire Indian economy was also rectified.

Again, you miss the point; you are putting up the benefits that some moneyed speculators got for their real estate speculations, with the horrors that afflicted poor people - the bulk of India - who depend on cash for their daily existence.

What are you referring to?

Because he is a smuggler ,Hawala dealer .Perhaps their connection might be more reliable.

Again, no context. What are you referring to?

The notes printed by RBI returned but what if these notes werent the one printed by
RBI .If that was a real legal currency the land value would have been remain high even after it returned to RBI .

The RBI has nothing better to do than to take back fake notes, right? And your deflation of the land bubble never happened, right? You can't have your cake and eat it too.

But land value collapsed and still remain in low level even after all currencies returned means this was kept high because of a parallel counterfeit economy .

So the stock market goes up and down depending on the currency available at the moment. Do you think through before printing answers like this? :D

Nothing new for bhakts to claim that anything that does not meet their wishful thinking must be a lie. Everybody lies when they are not saying the same as the bhakt: the RBI, the Supreme Court, the Armed Forces, the Election Commission, the administrative services, international economists......everybody.

Yup pretty last mile so much so that 18000 villages was still outside of the coverage and took 3 years to complete

Anything strange in that?

But who showed a policy of sending a strike package in KpK that in Pak territory .

How does that matter? Do you think suddenly things have changed because of a raid that is technically outside J&K? Whole battles took place in Pakistani soil not in Kashmir.

Isn't it typical that criticism of the government means to you insulting the Prime Minister?

There is an English expression that refers to the pot calling the kettle black. Look it up.

Check this PDF or media videos across the border and even response of their leaders
our opposition peddling the same tone of theirs and they are even further twists and some time shows to UN to prove their point ,so much for democracy .

Proven.

Anybody opposing the bhakt is nothing but an ally of the Pakistanis.

What we can see here is that blind anti Modi team is everything so much that they dont know how to differentiate between anti Modi and anti India.
Pathetic
Somebody was pointing what Ajit Doval did in 1999 as per order of GoI under the pressure of civil society ( these same Opposition Ltd)

That is precisely the point.

No individual politician took credit for these things before; Modi has to point to these things because he has nothing else to show.

Yes, he is, and Nambi Narayanan made no remarks about A-SAT, so dragging him has no meaning.

Oh why now he is Sanghi ,because he is a hindu thats the reason ? ,That is the new trend

No. Because he has made public statements backing the Sangh. Look them up; you know everything that helps your case, you suddenly turn deaf, dumb and blind when facts that are inconvenient are concerned.

In this case, yes.

Are you sure the all offset contract is for him ?So no other offset contractors .

Are you sure you have read the deal before commenting? Are you saying that even one rupee should go to this crook?

That is a different.

Pathetic

Fascism arrives as your friend
It will restore your honour
make you feel proud
protect your house
give you a job
clean up the neighbourhood
remind you of how great you once were
clear out the venal and the corrupt
remove anything you feel is unlike you...

Michael Rosen, novelist.

Give it a break.
As a quick aside, in support of your point about strong organization alone not being enough, the Jamaat-e-Islami, long considered by far the most organized political party in Pakistan, has never even come close to wielding any significant power, by itself. The closest they got was as part of the MMA religious party alliance in KP under Musharraf, which was, for justifiable reasons, considered a tainted election.

Last edited:
As a quick aside, in support of your point about strong organization alone not being enough, the Jamaat-e-Islami, long considered by far the most organized political party in Pakistan, has never even come close to wielding any significant power, by itself. The closest they got was as part of the MMA religious party alliance in KP under Musharraf, which was, for justifiable reasons, considered a tainted election.

Precisely.

Our religious loonies seem alarming because even a minute percentage of 1.3 billion is alarming. No religious party will really cut it, on the sub-continent, no matter how the priests and mullahs pray for it.

compromising India's national security or its strategic interest to allocate a few billion more into giving handouts for the poor is not going to solve anything in the long run.
Not even saying that now bruv. I just said they wasted billions of dollars on some space weapons instead of spending them on people for **** sake. Is this some security compromise you are talking about? Are you in war with aliens?

Last time TTP got hundreds of thousands of votes, came really close to win major seats especially in Karachi.

Precisely.

Our religious loonies seem alarming because even a minute percentage of 1.3 billion is alarming. No religious party will really cut it, on the sub-continent, no matter how the priests and mullahs pray for it.
Do you even know what you are talking or are you just gas?

The religious parties don't contest elections directly as it may be considered provocation in the international scenario. Did you see how Muslim Brotherhood was strangled by making Egypt run out of foreign exchange to buy food and thereby extorting Morsi for severe concessions? Did you see how the various lobbies go and request them not to contest elections and instead give support to some other candidates. Even in Bangladesh, European parliament had requested Zia Khalida to not contest elections to avoid creating tensions with India.

If you don't understand the difference between capability deficit and choice, it is your own fault. It is out of choice and back door negotiations that the religious parties don't contest elections or don't campaign aggressively.

Look at his campaign too. That will make you understand why this low vote share. High vote share can come only if the campaign is direct and on a cause. Just as I said above - many countries like USA, Arabs have requested Modi to not campaign hard and have given massive concessions like hundreds of billion dollar investment, reducing global oil price to help contain Indian inflation etc. So, under such calculations, Modi just campaigned enough to get 300-350 seats so as to remain in power but not do more. If USA, Arabs etc had not requested, things would have been different.

Hit by what? India is getting such massive foreign investment under political deals that all the hitting has been subsided. Instead using this capital, India has even been giving free LPG connection, developing roads even to remote villages etc. The inflation has also come down due to political deal to reduce oil prices. This has had much more impact and demonetisation is nothing in front of other gains

India can build very few hydel plants as most have already been built. Also, India has enough power stations and many are running in under capacity due to wrong policies of previous govt. What was done was to streamline the system by UDAY and electrification. This has reduced power cuts and also improved connectivity. Not a small thing

India is not Islamic state. So, comparing to Pakistan is absurd. Also, military generals don't rule in India. No one has given you any right to get all your question answered. Just because you ask questions doesn't mean everyone must be at your service answering it. No system can work without secrecy as 2 rules - one for friend and other for enemy has to be there. When there is no way to telling something to friends only without telling to enemy, these things are kept secret.

Talking nonsense doesn't change the fact.

Everyone is a crook to you if they oppose you. Selling ISRO asset to private company doesn't make one a crook. There is no proper reason to call him as having ill intention.

Again, it is not that there was any aircraft company in India that was overlooked for DRAL. There was no company except HAL and hence a new company had to be made. There are only small number of people who are capable of giving the large amount of funding needed for such projects. People like Tata, Birla, Ambani, L&T, Mahindra and few more handful companies are only capable of this. Due to limited choices, someone had to be chosen and Ambani was chosen. Naturally, the company would be established only after funding negotiation was finalised. It was a startup and not an established company. So, how is it being a crook?

It is 543 fights.
Recent results have been humbling for BJP - Lost an unthinkable election in Chattisgarh and Madhya Pradesh. Lost a yo-yo one in Rajasthan. They won't do anything in Bengal, TN - Amma is dead, AP - he is fighting with Naidu and TRS both.. That leaves UP, Maharashtra, Gujrat and Karnatka... Very difficult to carry an election on 4 states. So yes, the argument of Congress being missing was correct in 2017.. 2018 changed that. remeber, people don;t vote a president, but nominees who elect a PM
Do you know anything about politics? BJP got rid of all old leaders who were considered to be corrupt and inefficient. People like Raman Singh, Chauhan etc were removed by BJP by internally sabotaging the polls. Good luck seeing it as weakness of BJP. Can you even tell me one proper reason why Congress won? What work did they do to make them deserve it?

People will vote according to the appeal made. They will vote according to campaign. So, right campaign is all it takes

here is no meritocracy in BJP today. Jaitely has no qualification to be a FM, Raghuram Rajan did not deserve to be chased out fro RBI - look at the benefit of insolvency law he had created, I critiqued @Joe Shearer for a post on Indian defense purchases - but i think he is right - everything is future tense and no big deal are actually done today plus the awarding of Rafael contract to Anil Ambani is also not meritocratic
You will say, what are the option.. well, as long as we treat them at the same level on moral decadency, it is a fair question to ask and we should. Manmohan Singh, PV Narasimha rao were not big leaders - the milking process of Indian democracy brought them up.

whenever India has fallen to a single leading party in our history, we have suffered and after that that party has lost in next elections - Even Indira Gandhi lost and was by far one of the best administrators of modern India we had (am not a congress walah).
There has been only 1 single party other than BJP which is congress. So, a very bad analysis. Janata party etc were one party for name sake but was actually having a coalition of parties under a single banner

. This 'feel good' is actually a congress word and is restricted to urban areas, new channel listening, internet surfing people - smart phones are only with 20% of population. Majority of India does not get impacted by Arnab Goswami. A lot has happened in last 4 years - but a country of 1.2bn people trying to race out of poverty needs to go faster.

Economically, the growth is coming to a screeching halt. Bank reforms were left at where Rajan left them.
Is there any reason to give a personality cult on bank reforms? Is it Rajan's individual superpowers which is responsible for reforms?

Why is Anil Ambani treated different than Mallaya?
Because Ambani did not run away. He has been honourable. His companies may have gone bankrupt but he has not shown bad faith by running away

due to US-China dispute, only country that can benefit is India. 22% Bank NPAs, gujju families running their fiefdoms, no structure defense or manufacturing wins to show for make in India
Can you properly describe the dispute between China and USA and how India can benefit? What kind of benefit? Don't you see that USA also has dispute with Indian trade surplus just like it has with Chinese trade surplus? What manufacturing you want? India makes Tejas, submarines, aircraft carriers, tanks, missiles and in civilian sector has boosted its assembling and small manufacturing of electronics, pharma etc too. Do you expect India to make everything in 5 years? What took USA over 15 years to develop will also take similar time for India

the article from Rajat Gupta is revealing. If those gaps are real, how can you compliment attacking Pakistan, without sorting ourselves straight first? where is the accountability of R&AW in finding out what capabilities Pakistan as.. and instead we are thumping our chest at a small skirmish and getting offended by a propaganda department of their military.. we should be prepared.
Now, do you want RA&AW to reveal publicly about Pakistani capability & intelligence? Also, why do you think India is weaker than Pakistan? If Pakistan which is weaker than India is capable of attacking India, India has no reason to hold back in attacking much more brutally

everyone who pays taxes or has a right to vote, has a birth right to ask question.
Who decides who gets the right to vote or not? Also, why should anyone's question be answered? If the question involves the details which enemies would want, then answering that question publicly is same as giving details to enemy. It is unacceptable. Only thing that can be said is intent and actions which have already been done and can't be undone

Lastly - we will only prosper as a country, when faujis are in barracks and workers are humming the factories. we have to be strong enough to either be friends with Pakistan, or make them irrelevant or gradually disintegrate them further or border wall it.. Only theoretical option is a war! it is a battle against our first inclination and will take patience.
War is not against Pakistan alone. So, it make no sense. Also, economy is not made in factories but by natural resources. Without natural resources or political backing to secure the resources, there can be no factory in the first place. Raw materials are essential for factories and some critical raw materials are highly monopolised or cartelised

The point on topic is - the ability to knock down satellites has existed since a satellite launch in 2011
India did not have the ability in 2011. India could have had the capability in a few years if go ahead was given in 2012 is what scientists are saying

Why did he not let his defense ministry or DRDO announce this? because he wanted the limelight.
Because this is a big decision and because ISRO is directly under PM's portfolio. ASAT was a test of ISRO-DRDO combine, not just DRDO

make you feel proud
protect your house
give you a job
That is what one needs after all. Where is the problem?

make you feel proud
protect your house
give you a job

Michael Rosen, novelist.
THIS my friend, is the point.

THIS is what happened in Germany and in every populist dictatorship before and after that.

I cannot repeat enough to our newly minted youth - Those who do not learn from their history and mistakes, are condemned to repeat it.

Back
Top Bottom