What's new

India successfully tested a new Quick Reaction SAM Missile

dani958

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Israel
  • 5_img15617111652.jpg

India on Sunday successfully test-fired an indigenously developed quick reaction surface-to-air short range missile from a test range along the Odisha coast.

The sophisticated missile was test-fired at about 12.40 pm from a truck-mounted canister launcher from launch complex-1 at the Integrated Test Range (ITR) at Chandipur near here, official sources said.

It was a developmental trial of the state-of-the-art missile, which engaged an aerial target successfully, they said, adding that the QR-SAM was developed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and other establishments.

The missile, which has a strike range of 20 to 30 kms, is capable of engaging multiple targets. Designed to be a quick reaction missile, it is an all-weather weapon system capable of tracking and firing, the sources said.

Some more rounds of trial of the weapon system are expected to be conducted in the near future from the same test range.
http://www.defencenews.in/article/India-successfully-tested-a-new-Quick-Reaction-SAM-Missile-262434

Last edited by a moderator:
why they are doing to many tests, there is no danger and india got Only Pak but Pakistan has defence policy (No first Attack )

D
Monday, June 05, 2017
By: HT

Source Link: CLICK HERE

• 5_img15617111652.jpg

India on Sunday successfully test-fired an indigenously developed quick reaction surface-to-air short range missile from a test range along the Odisha coast.

The sophisticated missile was test-fired at about 12.40 pm from a truck-mounted canister launcher from launch complex-1 at the Integrated Test Range (ITR) at Chandipur near here, official sources said.

It was a developmental trial of the state-of-the-art missile, which engaged an aerial target successfully, they said, adding that the QR-SAM was developed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and other establishments.

The missile, which has a strike range of 20 to 30 kms, is capable of engaging multiple targets. Designed to be a quick reaction missile, it is an all-weather weapon system capable of tracking and firing, the sources said.

Some more rounds of trial of the weapon system are expected to be conducted in the near future from the same test range.
http://www.defencenews.in/article/India-successfully-tested-a-new-Quick-Reaction-SAM-Missile-262434
Do we known any SAM system not quickly response?. Oh i am sorry the story is from Indian source.

And I am trembling with fear after reading this news just I was when I heard about the sir-ji-kal strike. Let some authentic sources confirm the news, not Hindustan Times please!!! Not that their officials are anymore trustworthy but still some news deserve a protocol to be followed unless its a hoax like most Indian news these days are.

And I am trembling with fear after reading this news just I was when I heard about the sir-ji-kal strike. Let some authentic sources confirm the news, not Hindustan Times please!!! Not that their officials are anymore trustworthy but still some news deserve a protocol to be followed unless its a hoax like most Indian news these days are.

That's rich coming from you guys.

Please, would you take some time to explain, 'who are we guys' and then take some time to enlighten us about 'who are you guys'.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom