What's new

India Sub Crew Burned Beyond Recognition; 3 Bodies Found

Please stop falling for the tricks the Indian media is playing. The ONLY thing one can draw from this is the IN's Kilos are a SERIOUS liability to the Navy. When the "flying coffin" issue was at its height no one was questioning the IAF's standards of training but they understood it was because these birds were simply outdated and in dire need of being replaced.

I fear such incidents on the Kilos will keep happening until the last bloody one is gone from service. What we see today with the issue of "obsolence" and the likes of the flying-coffin and Deepak and such is as a direct result of the so-called "lost decade" and the failure of some of the replacements to come online fast enough (see LCA, see MMRCA, see Scorpene) where the Indian Mil had to extend the life of their machines far beyond what they were/are meant to do. So such incidents happen as a result. Things have only recently started to improve (AJT, PC-7, MKI, V5s etc etc).
Oh i know these need to be replaced. but lets agree that both the subs which had accidents were both recent upgrades .
the other accidents were mostly human errors , such as running aground and colliding with other vessels. all in all not a great time for the navy .
That being said our armed services have always mad the best of with what ever they had.

Oh i know these need to be replaced. but lets agree that both the subs which had accidents were both recent upgrades .
the other accidents were mostly human errors , such as running aground and colliding with other vessels. all in all not a great time for the navy .
That being said our armed services have always mad the best of with what ever they had.
And the upgrades mean what? They are upgrades to the electronics and some minor refurbishment work- nothing major in terms of the structure of the ship or to the ship's major systems like engines, ventilation system, boilers etc. They are polishing a t@rd at best, just about keeping the electronics relevant but the ships themselves needed to be gone a long time ago.

The other incidents involving collisions and running aground are human error no doubt and happen all over the world. They are isolated incidents and don't point to any sort of endemic problem within the IN.

What the fukc all this happening all of sudden??

Airforce ki beemari navy ko lag gayi hai kya??

And the upgrades mean what? They are upgrades to the electronics and some minor refurbishment work- nothing major in terms of the structure of the ship or to the ship's major systems like engines, ventilation system, boilers etc. They are polishing a t@rd at best, just about keeping the electronics relevant but the ships themselves needed to be gone a long time ago.

The other incidents involving collisions and running aground are human error no doubt and happen all over the world. They are isolated incidents and don't point to any sort of endemic problem within the IN.
I think you miss understand me . i know such accident are common in most armed services. i was just commenting on the general feeling that's being portrayed.

I think you miss understand me . i know such accident are common in most armed services. i was just commenting on the general feeling that's being portrayed.
Well you've got the Indian media to thank for this portrayal sir. I agree with you this is how things are being played out in the IN but, as usual, the Indian Media is missing the wood for the trees.

Well you've for the Indian media to thank for this portrayal sir. I agree with you this is how things are being played out in the IN but, as usual, the Indian Media is missing the wood for the trees.
Just heard the navy chief resigned. hats off for him taking the responsibility for what happening. You dont see that happening so often in civil society .

Shows the gravity of problem the IN is facing due to the aging Sub. fleet, if the MoD and the IN don't take serious steps then this will be another case of serious lack of oversight, and will be the same as the MIG-21 flying coffin problem.

Fake news. How can 3 bodies 'FOUND' when only 2 are 'MISSING' in official statement.
PS: 2 onboard officers are still missing and feared dead but bodies are yet to be found.

Please stop falling for the tricks the Indian media is playing. The ONLY thing one can draw from this is the IN's Kilos are a SERIOUS liability to the Navy. When the "flying coffin" issue was at its height no one was questioning the IAF's standards of training but they understood it was because these birds were simply outdated and in dire need of being replaced.

I fear such incidents on the Kilos will keep happening until the last bloody one is gone from service. What we see today with the issue of "obsolence" and the likes of the flying-coffin and Deepak and such is as a direct result of the so-called "lost decade" and the failure of some of the replacements to come online fast enough (see LCA, see MMRCA, see Scorpene) where the Indian Mil had to extend the life of their machines far beyond what they were/are meant to do. So such incidents happen as a result. Things have only recently started to improve (AJT, PC-7, MKI, V5s etc etc).

We have been operating kilos for 30+ years and never had such incidents.

The problem lies with your training and maintenance.

With the history of Hindu navy in mind, I was initially under the impression that perhaps the sub had landed on a Mumbai high street this time, but obviously I was wrong after finished reading the OP.

One thing still puzzles me though that "two persons are missing"...?

So two are missing inside a fully concealed, pressumablely, container deep under the water?

The "futuristic high tech" that DRDO deployed this time is truely amazing, vapourasation or teleport?

We have been operating kilos for 30+ years and never had such incidents.

The problem lies with your training and maintenance.

Mate, it's not as much training, as it is maintenance. The subs. have been worked past their prime, they need to be replaced, but since there is a lot of delays in the manufacturing of the Scorpene subs. they are being used as we have no other options. This case is similar to the MIG-21 issue, where the IAF was/is still using them not because they want to, but because they have no other options.

Back
Top Bottom