What's new

India signs deal with Russian firm for 750,000 units of AK–203

China does provide loans, but China never put defense and other key industries in foreign hands, even during the time when China was extremely poor.
Each country has different ways to garner defence industry improvements...

the Chinese steal stuff from the west.....reverse engineer Russian equipment...when they were poor.
Iam yet to see....a 100 % chinese innovated in-house production of defence equipment bar a few items.

india just pays money to get it....since india is not poor now...and gets influence to a certain degree....
but you are absolutely right......india needs to start making them inhouse.

So no local replacement for INSAS?

locally produced with TOT Ak 203.....dont know if that counts.

local replacement is being scheduled for para military forces....

the Chinese steal stuff from the west.....reverse engineer Russian equipment...when they were poor.
Iam yet to see....a 100 % chinese innovated in-house production of defence equipment bar a few items.
Every new invention was based on something invented in the past, that's a learning process, US learned a lot from UK and Germans in weapon building in the past and then based on what they learned they innovated, China just follows this same pattern being practiced throughout the human history.

I f you don't learn to make them yourselves, you never progress and foreign powers can always have a strangling hold around your neck.

Every new invention was based on something invented in the past, that's a learning process, US learned a lot from UK and Germans in weapon building in the past and then based on what they learned they innovated, China just follows this same pattern being practiced throughout the human history.

I f you don't learn to make them yourselves, you never progress and foreign powers can always have a strangling hold around your neck.

thats why there seems to be a greater emphasis in transfer of technology....in regards to indian procurement.

besides the private firms are just testing the waters of defence production.

thats why there seems to be a greater emphasis in transfer of technology....in regards to indian procurement.

besides the private firms are just testing the waters of defence production.
US learned a lot from Germans even before WW2 by copying first, as for reverse engineering, if that is as simple as you sound it like, every country country can have a copy of those weapons.

You also exported Dhruv "succesfully". Lmfao

https://www.thehindu.com/news/natio...since-2002-parliament-told/article8327755.ece

https://www.dawn.com/news/1213351
“In a major setback for Hindustan Aeronautics Limited, the government of Ecuador which had bought seven Dhruv Advanced Light Helicopters from India has grounded all such remaining choppers in service and has unilaterally ended a contract with the state-owned Indian company,”

You also exported Dhruv "succesfully". Lmfao

https://www.thehindu.com/news/natio...since-2002-parliament-told/article8327755.ece

https://www.dawn.com/news/1213351
“In a major setback for Hindustan Aeronautics Limited, the government of Ecuador which had bought seven Dhruv Advanced Light Helicopters from India has grounded all such remaining choppers in service and has unilaterally ended a contract with the state-owned Indian company,”
An audit proved that it was the Ecuadorian Air force's fault. Every other country that uses Dhruv has reported success, including, Peru, Turkey, Maldives, Seychelles, Mauritius, and Nepal.

Just curious, have you exported any helicopters?

Yeah only Indians can fly their junk successfully...

Helicopters are a thing of 19th century to beg about...
We export fighter & trainer jets now. :)
I did not know Turks and Peruvians are Indians. I guess you learn something new every day:agree:

What!!!? Whats wrong with Indian Defense Procurement Decision makers?

With that Defense Budget you are choosing an outdated design like AK series when you have CZ BREN, Italian Beretta ARX, SCAR, HK416 etc.
The Cold war era Mentality of Kalashnikov is the best rugged rifle? or Corruption?

Russians are not upgrading their rifle designs. Same Long Stroke Piston That will smack the gun out of your hand with its recoil, That Obsolete Safety Lock Design you cannot switch without taking your hands off the Trigger, That painful Mag Release that also requires the Holder to take the gun off target take the hand of the grip.
Modern Rifles are a force multiplayer in battle field. When your Foe can change the mag without taking his gun AIM off you by releasing the mag by the finger press from either Left or Right side and shift Firing Mode as well without taking the Gun Off the target shoot bursts at much less recoil, You are in Trouble.

Correct me if i am wrong is their any significant Upgrade in basic design of AK series since AKM? It looks all the same

i believe it is foreign policy....india bought Sig to make usa happy...this to make russia happy.... [ kinda similar to Chinese cheque book diplomacy to garner favours. ]

besides TOT will play the foundation.

On the Contrary, India Buying it for Extended use not only for their military.
They can pass on the non state actors ( Groups ,Vigilantes, RSS) then play the blame game on Pakistan. If they start production in their own country. Then Foreign involvement Arms impact dies. Also Buying imported weapons boost the morale of Indian Soldier - Placebo of AK-47 effect etc.

There are legitimate elements recognized as non state actors by the Indian state like RSS etc.

What!!!? Whats wrong with Indian Defense Procurement Decision makers?

With that Defense Budget you are choosing an outdated design like AK series when you have CZ BREN, Italian Beretta ARX, SCAR, HK416 etc.
The Cold war era Mentality of Kalashnikov is the best rugged rifle? or Corruption?

Russians are not upgrading their rifle designs. Same Long Stroke Piston That will smack the gun out of your hand with its recoil, That Obsolete Safety Lock Design you cannot switch without taking your hands off the Trigger, That painful Mag Release that also requires the Holder to take the gun off target take the hand of the grip.
Modern Rifles are a force multiplayer in battle field. When your Foe can change the mag without taking his gun AIM off you by releasing the mag by the finger press from either Left or Right side and shift Firing Mode as well without taking the Gun Off the target shoot bursts at much less recoil, You are in Trouble.

Correct me if i am wrong is their any significant Upgrade in basic design of AK series since AKM? It looks all the same

I guess the AK is cheaper than HK, CZ, Bretta, SCAR etc

I guess the AK is cheaper than HK, CZ, Bretta, SCAR etc
They have 50 Billion dollar Plus Defense Budget. They are keeping 250 Plus Flankers Fleet and cannot Arm their Forces with a descent rifle? :disagree:
Thats Corruption and kickbacks written on it all over the place.

They have 50 Billion dollar Plus Defense Budget. They are keeping 250 Plus Flankers Fleet and cannot Arm their Forces with a descent rifle? :disagree:
Thats Corruption and kickbacks written on it all over the place.
Actually its 45 billion.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom