What's new

India should accept defeat before Kashmiris’ struggle, says Nawaz

Post your references, so that 'you have read somewhere' is not the base of your claims and allegations. It has been deliberately posted in seniors cafe as the kind of troll fest usually comes from posting it with nationalism charged ignorants. And even the Pakistani Seniors who you lament have left it unchallenged know the veracity of the facts as being laid out. The posts we have made have nothing to do with either indian or pakistani views, but the series of events as occurred.

Neither are you fit to ascertain the loyalties of Sheikh Abdullah, nor am I. So mere compilation of facts.

Get your facts straight on following points:

1. The formation of Dominions of India and Pakistan by the Indian Independence Act of 1947.

2. The anti-Dogra movement led by the All Jammu & Kashmir National Conference (later National Conference) which was Muslim centric at inception and was secularised later.

3. The divergence of view of the above said conference and its constituents over declaration of a separate country by Muslim League by adoption of the relevant motion.

4. The circumstances wherein Sheikh Abdullah, even though being in jail, was consulted by Maharaja as he was the recognised leader of the recognised mainstream party of National Conference.

5. The letter of proclaimed loyalty to the Maharaja and his lineage as written by Sheikh Abdullah as recorded.

6. The Instrument of Accession signed with concurrence of Sheikh Abdullah by Maharaja with the conditions which most Indian members jump about here.

7. The ceding of territories of Hunza without taking concurrence of people of J&K either on your side or even for the sake of it across the whole of J&K, entering into a temporary accommodation with China as that boundary settlement is only provisional.

8. Historical facts of the history of the principle constituents of J&K as brought under suzerainty of Sikh empire and by continuation and expansion to British Empire in India as also the legal validity of all claims and territories thereof as being inherited by both India and Pakistan (this includes the territories you should have no ceded in Shasgam Valley to China which were historically under Hunza and when you agreed to instrument of accession by Hunza by default you were duty bound and honour bound to uphold those claims; which you did not)

9. The salient points of the UN resolution and Karachi Agreement of 1948.

I can go on and on ... but you can always consult.

If we were posting tripe, we would have been banned or simply not had the pleasure of getting the views and information from members of your own country who have given us greater insight into putting in perspective a picture of Kashmir that, I admit, even I was not completely aware of.

Example is of WAJsal whose magnanimity in spreading knowledge to those desirous allowed me insights I did not have of Gilgit so far. His write up is so eloquent that I am taking my time as I shall need to read extensively to be able to counter (if at all) any point where I may get a chance.

DISCLAIMER: ANY AND ALL TYPOS AND SPELLING MISTAKES THAT MAY ARISE IN MY WRITE UP IS THE WHOLE AND THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF APPLE INC. THEIR SPELL CHECK SUCKS BIG TIME!!!
Post your references, so that 'you have read somewhere' is not the base of your claims and allegations. It has been deliberately posted in seniors cafe as the kind of troll fest usually comes from posting it with nationalism charged ignorants. And even the Pakistani Seniors who you lament have left it unchallenged know the veracity of the facts as being laid out. The posts we have made have nothing to do with either indian or pakistani views, but the series of events as occurred.

Neither are you fit to ascertain the loyalties of Sheikh Abdullah, nor am I. So mere compilation of facts.

Get your facts straight on following points:

1. The formation of Dominions of India and Pakistan by the Indian Independence Act of 1947.

2. The anti-Dogra movement led by the All Jammu & Kashmir National Conference (later National Conference) which was Muslim centric at inception and was secularised later.

3. The divergence of view of the above said conference and its constituents over declaration of a separate country by Muslim League by adoption of the relevant motion.

4. The circumstances wherein Sheikh Abdullah, even though being in jail, was consulted by Maharaja as he was the recognised leader of the recognised mainstream party of National Conference.

5. The letter of proclaimed loyalty to the Maharaja and his lineage as written by Sheikh Abdullah as recorded.

6. The Instrument of Accession signed with concurrence of Sheikh Abdullah by Maharaja with the conditions which most Indian members jump about here.

7. The ceding of territories of Hunza without taking concurrence of people of J&K either on your side or even for the sake of it across the whole of J&K, entering into a temporary accommodation with China as that boundary settlement is only provisional.

8. Historical facts of the history of the principle constituents of J&K as brought under suzerainty of Sikh empire and by continuation and expansion to British Empire in India as also the legal validity of all claims and territories thereof as being inherited by both India and Pakistan (this includes the territories you should have no ceded in Shasgam Valley to China which were historically under Hunza and when you agreed to instrument of accession by Hunza by default you were duty bound and honour bound to uphold those claims; which you did not)

9. The salient points of the UN resolution and Karachi Agreement of 1948.

I can go on and on ... but you can always consult.

If we were posting tripe, we would have been banned or simply not had the pleasure of getting the views and information from members of your own country who have given us greater insight into putting in perspective a picture of Kashmir that, I admit, even I was not completely aware of.

Example is of WAJsal whose magnanimity in spreading knowledge to those desirous allowed me insights I did not have of Gilgit so far. His write up is so eloquent that I am taking my time as I shall need to read extensively to be able to counter (if at all) any point where I may get a chance.

DISCLAIMER: ANY AND ALL TYPOS AND SPELLING MISTAKES THAT MAY ARISE IN MY WRITE UP IS THE WHOLE AND THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF APPLE INC. THEIR SPELL CHECK SUCKS BIG TIME!!!
I admit you have your research and I don't doubt your intentions too. I am sorry to say it but your research is biased and you are blinded by your nationalistic ego. I would commend your effort though for leaving your prior position of denial. It is a step in the right direction but an internet connection and a computer will take you only that far.

Pakistan and India have different interpretation of the Resolution 47. And this difference in understanding/interpretation of the UN resolution(s) was what halted the process of demilitarization in Kashmir.

But here I am quoting Sir Owen Dixon. On 27 May 1950, Dixon was invited by the United Nations to act as their official mediator between the governments of India and Pakistan over the disputed territory of Kashmir

The words/opinion of the UN appointed official mediator definitely carries more weight than the words/opinions/propaganda of Indian or Pakistani government. So next time before accusing Pakistan of halting the process, please keep in mind what the official mediator had reported about this matter :

"In the end, I became convinced that India’s agreement would never be obtained to demilitarization in any form or to provisions governing the period of plebiscite of any such character, as would in my opinion, permit the plebiscite being conducted in conditions sufficiently guarding against intimidation and other forms of influence and abuse by which the freedom and fairness of the plebiscite might be imperilled."(Para 52 of Document S/1971).

there is no scope for varying interpretation. It is in plain English. Read it yourself

there is no scope for varying interpretation. It is in plain English. Read it yourself

So You mean to say that the UN official mediator, Sir Owen Dixon (an Australian), didn't understand plain English ??

So You mean to say that the UN official mediator, Sir Owen Dixon (an Australian), didn't understand plain English ??

I am saying the UN resolution is documented by the UN in the UN website. That is the official source. Read it.
It says Pakistan must vacate Kashmir.

@Azlan Haider #259 agreed with. Was so documented.

@OrionHunter But his comment #254 point (a) - utter nonsense. The withdrawal of the tribesmen and other combatants not normally resident was the key ... subsequent to which India was to draw down the troops You need to point it to him emphatically.

rest of the points will deal with in brevity:

when he quotes resolution 98, I quote Simla Agreement where it becomes a bilateral agreement, the luxury of discussing the case in hindsight as afforded.

Like I have previously said on three instances so far to Pakistani members here: 'you unilaterally surrender your national interests' similarly, they have the propensity to not meet any single obligation as due them starting whereof Resolution 38 onwards, instead they are justifying by quoting subsequent resolutions.

1. The plebiscite 'requirement' was an Indian requirement while signing the Instrument of Accession. It was Indian condition for acceptance of the same.

2. If they question the legality of Instrument of Accession, they do so at peril of question of their own locus standii as the instrument was in compliance with the Act under which all such instruments were to be entered into and also the same gave the legal basis for Pakistan. So we can start now questioning Pakistan itself and give immense pleasure to nut jobs of 'akhand bharat'.

3. If, on basis of point 1 above, say that plebiscite was a mandatory requirement, then ask for the details of plebiscite on their side when the Principalities in Gilgit-Baltistan acceded to them as also the plebiscite when over the objections of Mir of Hunza they simply handed over Shasgam Valley and today instead lie claiming gain of territory.

4. And if he points to volte-face by India on issue of plebiscite please post him the history of accession of Baluchistan, wherein the Principality of Kalat was to remain as an independent autonomic principality somewhat akin to J&K in terms of settlement between the Khan of Kalat and Pakistani Dominion. However, MA Jinnah had a change of heart and the same was subsequently absorbed into Pakistan (and a minor scirmish to oppose it took place between a lashkar led by Khan's younger brother and PA in the aftermath).

I admit you have your research and I don't doubt your intentions too. I am sorry to say it but your research is biased and you are blinded by your nationalistic ego. I would commend your effort though for leaving your prior position of denial. It is a step in the right direction but an internet connection and a computer will take you only that far.

How about considerable time in Kashmir valley in streets of Srinagar, Baramulla, Lolab, Bandipore etc? Does it hold any value?

When a Pakistani sitting on a computer, tells me that the issue in Kashmir valley is - that it wants to join Pakistan, that is where your above statement comes in.

I am never in denial ..(which denial by the ways? Can you elaborate?) but when you post facts as they stand and not your perception/appreciation of it from your point of view.

I am only discussing the historical mistakes on all sides. The biggest mistake was the Kashmiris themselves. They kept changing their stance from independence-accession to India-accession to Pakistan-independence. When such a stand exists, they were doomed to failure as is evident today.

I was trying to move to present day situation and how one can resolve it after clearing up the past and laying facts as they stood. Asked people to contribute minus the nationalism. But can anyone avoid it? So when I laugh at Pakistani members and scoff their ill informed posts, you get to tag me as a nationalist. Yes that I am and am sure you are also, indeed as it should be. But, my dear sir, when I say the Accession is legal, it is on the basis of logic of Indian Instrument of Accession and conditions as described in Para 3 subclause a. Whereas my Pakistani friends get stuck on mere rants and one liners of illegality. Also they fail to explain the said illegality while being validated by the aforementioned Act not being extended to Pakistan itself, whose own legality and that of its territories is legalized under the same clause?

Am surprised that I come out as nationalist, have been called not so perfect Indian a few days back. Post your rebuttals in a chronological manner with overall picture and not segmental and specific arbitrary portions of the issue.

I am saying the UN resolution is documented by the UN in the UN website. That is the official source. Read it.
It says Pakistan must vacate Kashmir.

And I am quoting the UN appointed official mediator. Sir Owen Dixon reported to the UN that India’s agreement would never be obtained to demilitarization in any form ... He accused India of halting the process. Let me repeat myself, The words/opinion of the UN appointed official mediator definitely carries more weight than the words/opinions/propaganda of Indian or Pakistani government. So next time before accusing Pakistan of halting the process, please keep in mind what the official mediator had reported about this matter.

@Azlan Haider #259 agreed with. Was so documented.

@OrionHunter But his comment #254 point (a) - utter nonsense. The withdrawal of the tribesmen and other combatants not normally resident was the key ... subsequent to which India was to draw down the troops You need to point it to him emphatically.

rest of the points will deal with in brevity:

when he quotes resolution 98, I quote Simla Agreement where it becomes a bilateral agreement, the luxury of discussing the case in hindsight as afforded.

Like I have previously said on three instances so far to Pakistani members here: 'you unilaterally surrender your national interests' similarly, they have the propensity to not meet any single obligation as due them starting whereof Resolution 38 onwards, instead they are justifying by quoting subsequent resolutions.

1. The plebiscite 'requirement' was an Indian requirement while signing the Instrument of Accession. It was Indian condition for acceptance of the same.

2. If they question the legality of Instrument of Accession, they do so at peril of question of their own locus standii as the instrument was in compliance with the Act under which all such instruments were to be entered into and also the same gave the legal basis for Pakistan. So we can start now questioning Pakistan itself and give immense pleasure to nut jobs of 'akhand bharat'.

3. If, on basis of point 1 above, say that plebiscite was a mandatory requirement, then ask for the details of plebiscite on their side when the Principalities in Gilgit-Baltistan acceded to them as also the plebiscite when over the objections of Mir of Hunza they simply handed over Shasgam Valley and today instead lie claiming gain of territory.

4. And if he points to volte-face by India on issue of plebiscite please post him the history of accession of Baluchistan, wherein the Principality of Kalat was to remain as an independent autonomic principality somewhat akin to J&K in terms of settlement between the Khan of Kalat and Pakistani Dominion. However, MA Jinnah had a change of heart and the same was subsequently absorbed into Pakistan (and a minor scirmish to oppose it took place between a lashkar led by Khan's younger brother and PA in the aftermath).

https://defence.pk/threads/autonomy...cipe-for-disaster.440287/page-10#post-8504217

India claims that acceptance of Resolution 47 (1948) was stated by Nehru to be conditional on the withdrawal of Pakistani forces from territory within the 1947 boundaries of the State of Jammu and Kashmir, in accordance with the terms of that Resolution. Pakistani forces have, of course, never been withdrawn.

The factual position is as under:-

(a) The demilitarization of Jammu and Kashmir was to take place in a synchronized manner on both sides of the ceasefire line. It was India which refused to implement the process of demilitarization.
Rubbish! Have you even bothered to read the UN Security Council Resolutions of 1947? I'm sure you haven't. It clearly and unambiguously states that Pakistan must withdraw ALL its forces from the State of Jammu and Kashmir used for the purpose of fighting before the partial withdrawal of Indian troops where a minimum strength would be kept for the defence of Kashmir (Kashmir means the entire state of J&K including GB). Here is an extract straight out of the UN Resolution...

UNSC1.jpg

UNSC2.jpg

In a nutshell according to the Resolution:
Stage 1
Pakistan to first withdraw ALL its forces from J&K.
Stage 2
When it is established by the UN that all Pakistani forces have withdrawn from J&K, India will be required to withdraw their forces reducing them progressively TO THE MINIMUM STRENGTH REQUIRED for maintenance of law and order, meaning India will not be required to withdraw all its forces. When both the above actions have been taken to the satisfaction of the UN, then...
Stage 3
Plebiscite in J&K

(b) The proof of Indian refusal to demilitarize is to be found in the report of Sir Owen Dixon (an eminent Australian Jurist and United Nations Representative for India and Pakistan) to the Security Council, contained in Document S-1971.
Selective aren't you? Have you read the Dixon Plan?

The Dixon Plan assigned Ladakh to India, split Jammu in two, the Northern Areas and Azad Kashmir to Pakistan, and envisaged a plebiscite in the Kashmir Valley. Pakistan demurred at first, but agreed.

However, this finally fell through as Pakistan was so deeply committed to `over-all plebiscite' (Foreign Relations of the United States (FRUS) 1950; Volume V, S. Asia; 1978; page 1,407).

Thus, it was Pakistan that finally refused the recommendations of the Dixon plan that envisaged a plebiscite only in the Kashmir Valley whereas Pakistan wanted a plebiscite to be held in the whole of J&K. Thus it was not 'Indian refusal' but Pakistan's intransigence because of which the Dixon Plan fell through.

(c) It should also be noted that after a thorough examination of the matter the Security Council in its Resolution No. 98(1952), adopted on 23rd December 1952, allowed both India and Pakistan to maintain a limited number of their forces on each side of the cease-fire line at the end of the period of demilitarization in order to maintain law and order. This number was to be between 3000-6000 armed forces remaining on the Pakistani side and 12000-18000 remaining on the Indian side of the cease-fire line. Pakistan agreed to this proposal; India did not.
Again, you're putting a spin on this where its clear as day that the Resolution only URGES India and Pakistan to ENTER INTO NEGOTIATIONS to keep a minimum number of troops. Here is what Resolution No. 98 says:

"Urges the Governments of India and Pakistan to enter into immediate negotiations under the
auspices of the United Nations Representative for India and Pakistan in order to reach agreement on
the specific number of forces to remain on each side of the cease-fire line at the end of the period of
demilitarisation
, this number to be between 3,000 and 6,000 armed forces remaining on the Pakistan
side of the cease-fire line and between 12,000 and 18,000 armed forces remaining on the India side
of the cease-line, as suggested by the United Nations Representative in his proposals of 16 July
such specific numbers to be arrived at bearing in mind the principles or criteria contained in
paragraph 7 of the United Nations Representative's proposal of 4 September 1952."

You have made it sound like it was a resolution passed by the UN to keep the above mentioned number of troops on both sides. It was not! It was just a recommendation, not a resolution passed by the UN.

(d) To claim, in the face of this clear and irrefutable evidence, that the plebiscite could not be held because Pakistan refused to withdraw its forces, is patently an attempt to deceive the world. The simple truth is that India did not allow the creation of conditions necessary for the holding of a free and fair plebiscite under UN auspices.
Now do you get it? The copy and paste job that you have done from some clueless author who seems to know squat about the intricacies of the issue has pulled the carpet from under your feet.

Check out this video out too....

@hellfire, I think I've made it clear to Azlan about the issue. That hopefully should put things to rest! (Though I doubt if our Pakistani friends will agree! They will continue clutching at straws to try and prove that Indian not Pakistan is the villain of the piece!)

Last edited:
-------Usual Indian Crap --------

We have heard (and refuted) the usual Indian lies and propaganda many times.. Not interested in your nonsense, mate ..

Selective aren't you? Have you read the Dixon Plan?

The Dixon Plan assigned Ladakh to India, Split Jammu in two, the Northern Areas and Azad Kashmir (Azad Kashmir) to Pakistan, and envisaged a plebiscite in the Kashmir Valley. Pakistan demurred at first, but agreed.

However, this finally fell through as Pakistan was so deeply committed to `over-all plebiscite' (Foreign Relations of the United States (FRUS) 1950; Volume V, S. Asia; 1978; page 1,407).

Thus, it was Pakistan that finally refused the recommendations of the Dixon plan that envisaged a plebiscite only in the Kashmir Valley whereas Pakistan wanted a plebiscite to be held in the whole of J&K. Thus it was not 'Indian refusal' but Pakistan's intransigence because of which the Dixon Plan fell through.

^^ More nonsense.

Read along slowly and carefully ...

From the Horse's Mouth:

"In the end, I became convinced that India’s agreement would never be obtained to demilitarization in any form or to provisions governing the period of plebiscite of any such character, as would in my opinion, permit the plebiscite being conducted in conditions sufficiently guarding against intimidation and other forms of influence and abuse by which the freedom and fairness of the plebiscite might be imperilled."(Para 52 of Document S/1971).

You have made it sound like it was a resolution passed by the UN to keep the above mentioned number of troops on both sides. It was not! It was just a recommendation, not a resolution passed by the UN.

You seem to have some serious comprehension issues. Read again :

..... Pakistan agreed to this proposal; India did not.

And yet the Indians accuse Pakistan of halting the process !!

Now do you get it? The copy and paste job that you have done from some clueless author who seems to know squat about the intricacies of the issue has pulled the carpet from under your feet.

Yes, I get it now. You are just another clueless Indian who has no idea what he is talking/blabbering on about.

Check out this video out too....

Such video(s) by a known Pakistan hater(s) "prove" nothing ........ Christine Fair is just an academic prostitute whose sole achievement (like other academic prostitutes) resides in providing a scientific mantle to (US's) governmental criminal policies (in Afghanistan and elsewhere) .... She follows a crooked agenda and pursues a personal vendetta against Pakistan .... Her testimony before the House Homeland Security Committee, March 11, 2009, regarding “Antecedents and Implication of the November 2008 Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) Attack Upon Several Targets in the Indian Mega-City of Mumbai is more than sufficient to prove that she is a shameless liar, and a junk scholar .... Her allegations/analysis have been debunked many times by different Scholars (Just google it)

I think I've made it clear to Azlan about the issue. That hopefully should put things to rest!

Not even close .... We are yet to see any Indian come close to rebutting Pakistan's position legally or otherwise

Not even close .... We are yet to see any Indian come close to rebutting Pakistan's position legally or otherwise
You have zero legitimacy on the Kashmir issue. The world knows your shenanigans and therefore care two hoots about your rants in the UNSC.

End of discussion. I'm outta here.

What is Pakistan's legal case for Kashmir? Did the State of Kashmir sign an instrument of accession with you? The UN resolutions are issued under chapter VI of the UN Charter which is recommendatory and not binding in nature

Can you make out legal case for Pakistan's claim on Kashmir?

Besides Shimla Agreement says that all disputes will be settled bilaterally

What is Pakistan's legal case for Kashmir? Did the State of Kashmir sign an instrument of accession with you? The UN resolutions are issued under chapter VI of the UN Charter which is recommendatory and not binding in nature

So did Hyderabad sign the article of accession? I don't think so my dear, it was forcefully annexed by the state of India, just like Kashmir. so whether they signed the article or not would have had little impact on Indian motives. Besides, Kashmir was and still is a muslim majority. What India needs to understand is that its not just a handful of militants who want independence, its the entire population, which i believe was witnessed by the huge crowds of people present at Burhan Wani's funeral.

So keep on oppressing those innocent souls. The more u do, the more u make them fearless. freedom is inevitable for Kashmiris, its just a matter of time.

So keep on oppressing those innocent souls. The more u do, the more u make them fearless. freedom is inevitable for Kashmiris, its just a matter of time.

Matter of time it is.....a lot of time...a couple of millennia at least. meanwhile, let them keep getting fearless. Bullets do not understand fearlessness. The day they started ethnic cleansing in the valley, they lost all the moral grounds.

And it is easy to shut them off. We are giving them time to change. If they dont, god will take them in its abode.

Did you ascertain those facts or is it the usual nonsensical rant on Kashmir?

Because if you read the post #228 of @hassamun who I was replying to before you decided to come in with this tripe, you will find explicitly and eloquently detailed the circumstances of this incident.

Somehow the grey cells undergo increased atrophy when Kashmir is written anywhere, eh?

I can post counter-nonsensical claims ... so maybe just can the nonsense.

We know that.

Also we had the same system till we decided to assimilate the state.

WOW!!!:lazy2:

COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT IS SINCERELY REGRETTED IF FELT

"....wake me up, when bullshit ends"

Inspired from the album 'The American Idiot', Track 7 'Wake Me Up When September Ends' by Green Day

Will keep up this line for all BS that is posted .. across the spectrum

This is called Begherati ...

You have zero legitimacy on the Kashmir issue. The world knows your shenanigans and therefore care two hoots about your rants in the UNSC.

End of discussion. I'm outta here.

Do you even know what legitimacy means ??

.In April 1990, the UN Representative, Francis Guiliani, clarified: ‘a bilateral agreement, which solved the problem, would supersede the resolution aimed at solving the issue. However, as long as the problem remained, the resolutions would remain in effect regardless of when they were adopted .....

The UN Security Council discussions led to the resolutions of August 13, 1948, and January 5, 1949, which clearly laid down that "the question of the accession of the State of Jammu and Kashmir to India or Pakistan will be decided through the democratic method of a free and impartial plebiscite."

And India is not the world. The UN does not accept the Indian position. Almost 44 years since the signing of the Simla Agreement between India and Pakistan but the UN refuses to terminate UNMOGIP.

https://defence.pk/threads/autonomy...cipe-for-disaster.440287/page-10#post-8504217

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom