India shelves the FGFA program

Not exactly

Shilong Base 2800 KM
Agartala Base 3000 KM
Guwhati Base 2800KM
Tezpur Base 2700KM
Dibrugardh Base 2500 KM
Jorhat 2600 KM
Twang Base : I would not count on this base, there are no wings deployed and it is very much the first base to be destroyed.
Rest of Eastern command are in WB, no point of even looking.

AMCA for 2600 KM range is quite ill-fitted for role of deep penetration missions in Chinese air-space. I don't know why India is developing a medium weight fighter to counter China.

India has enough infrastructure in the Northeast that we can counter Chinese aggression.

Northeast_india.png

This part of India is over 250,000 square kilometers. This is effectively the size of UK. And unlike UK, it is covered in mountains on all sides. Plus, there's Bhutan and Bangladesh also that provide strategic depth. The effective area is almost the same size as France.

AMCA is being made for deep penetration, and it has all the necessary qualifications.

For example, the AMCA is in the same class as the Typhoon. Both have empty weights of 11-12T. But Typhoon has 5T of internal fuel and AMCA carries 6.5T.

The AMCA will comfortably outrange the Su-35.

Russian stuff is no good anymore. Very overrated.

There is a reason the Russian airforce prefers SU-35 a 80's design over the PAKFA.

India has enough infrastructure in the Northeast that we can counter Chinese aggression.

Northeast_india.png

This part of India is over 250,000 square kilometers. This is effectively the size of UK. And unlike UK, it is covered in mountains on all sides. Plus, there's Bhutan and Bangladesh also that provide strategic depth. The effective area is almost the same size as France.

AMCA is being made for deep penetration, and it has all the necessary qualifications.

For example, the AMCA is in the same class as the Typhoon. Both have empty weights of 11-12T. But Typhoon has 5T of internal fuel and AMCA carries 6.5T.

The AMCA will comfortably outrange the Su-35.

As of now, AMCA is as real as the starship Enterprise. Get it build first before talking about what it can do.

I have serious doubt about the viability of AMCA. As this plane requires TOT from PAKFA. Without PAKFA, India will not be able to acquire the tech for AMCA. Maybe India should build a 4th g3neration medium fighter before aiming for the sky.

As of now, AMCA is as real as the starship Enterprise. Get it build first before talking about what it can do.

I have serious doubt about the viability of AMCA. As this plane requires TOT from PAKFA. Without PAKFA, India will not be able to acquire the tech for AMCA. Maybe India should build a 4th g3neration medium fighter before aiming for the sky.
Of course we're.

Mk2 is our conventional medium fighter program.

It does not require any technology from PAK FA. Any development assistance is expected from the MMRCA tender winners.

We are currently building a 4th gen medium fighter too. It should fly in 2022.

It does not require any technology from PAK FA. Any development assistance is expected from the MMRCA tender winners.

We are currently building a 4th gen medium fighter too. It should fly in 2022.

Not true... As India cancelled MMRCA tender so there are no assistance from them. India expected assistance from Sukhoi but that is now gone. India might as well shelve any fifth gen plans.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom