What's new

India sets eyes on Russian Sprut light tanks to counter China, gets rare access to trials

I wonder what the criteria is to obtain a TT title on pdf...display the most stupidity!!

IA never claimed it was gonna paradrop light tanks with crew inside...this media outlet obtained info from what the Russians and Russian media outlets claimed that they're future armoured vehicles and parachutes will be capable of paradropping em with crew inside. Again, it's a futile argument when you're filled with blind illogical hatred. Try taking off those green glasses

Knowing Indians , they'll probably attempt it :sarcastic: :crazy_pilot:

Sprut is going to struggle at altitudes as it is not optimised for that environment. Another problem is the gun elevation and depression of Russian tanks. This might not be an issue in the flat terrain of Eastern Europe but maybe not suitable for the high altitude steep terrain.

its a good vehicle for BD as it has amphibious capabilities and carries 125mm smoothbore gun capable of firing Refleks ATGM and T-90/72 ammunition.

Last edited:
Internet has memories you know.

If that dam T-90 can climb steep hills then yes lol , except we don't have tank to tank battles anymore in the modern age but rather ATGMs or Attack Helis vs Tanks lol

Try taking off those green glasses

My glasses are exclusively RED, WHITE and BLUE.

Kargil - post flame out, crashes and stinger losses....Oh no! we need PGMs
2019 - post fantastic tea....Oh no! we need BVR ...and dem rafales
2020 - post clubbing....Oh no! we need flying tanks

Forget about flinging tanks from the heavens. Did the Indian army ever stop to question the utility of armor light or heavy in mountainous terrain? In truth, and I kid you not donkeys are far more useful.

0*AscRG1F6oFGLoMwH.jpeg

I wonder what the criteria is to obtain a TT title on pdf...display the most stupidity!!

Please don't confuse PDF for the Indian military. And instead of buying useless Russian junk buy and train some donkeys. Invest the money saved on public health and education.

Donkeys have their utility no doubt

India has a history of using tanks in mountains , ironically in the below case American ones were used

Zojila battle of 1948 — when Indians surprised Pakistan with tanks at 11,553 ft

Not anymore, hand held ATGMs and gunships make mountain pass dangerous for all armor. There is no scenario in which armor is useful in a high altitude fight. Operating them in a plateau, sure you lose 60% - 70% engine performance but still you have some mobility. You lose that mobility almost entirely in high altitude mountainous terrain.

Did the Indian army ever stop to question the utility of armor light or heavy in mountainous terrain? In truth, and I kid you not donkeys are far more useful.
So why is daddy china deploying not just Type-15 light tanks but regular MBTs on their side of LAC if their applications are not suitable to the terrain!! You pakistanis have no clue of Ladakh's terrain or it's topography to say the least and assume it is similar to LoC
2020 - post clubbing....Oh no! we need flying tanks

Forget about flinging tanks from the heavens
looks like you have serious comprehension issues. Where did IA or MoD once say it wants to paradrop tanks with crew inside?

As mentioned previously (which you obviously aren't able to comprehend), it was the Russians who were claiming to develop armor and parachutes capable of paradropping with crew inside which the OP media outlet picket from

So why is daddy china deploying not just Type-15 light tanks but regular MBTs on their side of LAC if their applications are not suitable to the terrain!! You pakistanis have no clue of Ladakh's terrain or it's topography to say the least and assume it is similar to LoC

Do you even know the meaning of the word plateau? The Tibetan Plateau is the worlds largest and so the Chinese can operate their tanks on flat terrain all day long.

Plateau, extensive area of flat upland usually bounded by an escarpment (i.e., steep slope) on all sides but sometimes enclosed by mountains. The high flat surface that defines a plateau can continue for hundreds or even thousands of kilometres, as in the case of the Plateau of Tibet.

I'm not Pakistani so words such as "daddy China" or "clueless Pakistani" isn't going to get me worked up.

If that dam T-90 can climb steep hills then yes lol , except we don't have tank to tank battles anymore in the modern age but rather ATGMs or Attack Helis vs Tanks lol

Well, Sprut shakes like a rodeo bull every time it fires its gun so I think it is better if India goes for the Korean tank.

from your source, like I said Indian military is comedy gold.

Fortunately, U.S. Army regulations specified that the tank crew had to jump separately and link up with their vehicle later. It's simply far too dangerous to drop with crews loaded. If the airdrop goes reasonably well the crew only has to walk a few hundred yards to their vehicle.
Things are done differently in mother Russia.

Tanks usually don’t go alone, they are supported by infantry and artillery. After a Barrage of artillery, only thing left moving on the battle field will be Tanks. So tank vs tank are relevant. Attack helicopters are vulnerable to Sams.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom