What's new

India set to produce world’s largest number of engineers

For every 100 engineer produced only 10 to 15 are employable ,that's roughly 100k to 150k annually ,still a large number though

For every 100 engineer produced only 10 to 15 are employable ,that's roughly 100k to 150k annually ,still a large number though

Government is creating jobs in all sectors and even providing easy loans for everyone.

India is having lot of work in all sectors enough foreigners are working in Indian firms and getting good pay.

May 18, 2015 08:33 IST

Police detained a German national at the M. Chinnaswamy Stadium on Sunday evening, for running to the ground when the IPL cricket match was halted due to rain.

The person has been identified as Pascal Dubois (26). He works as a consultant engineer at a private firm in Rajajinagar.

May 18, 2015 08:33 IST

Police detained a German national at the M. Chinnaswamy Stadium on Sunday evening, for running to the ground when the IPL cricket match was halted due to rain.

The person has been identified as Pascal Dubois (26). He works as a consultant engineer at a private firm in Rajajinagar.

a german or french cricket fan?? :o:

didn't the europeans have enough of that vulgar game, football, to now involve in another ridiculous activity, kirket??

Wow I'm surprised to see a thread filled with self criticism like this. Most others are the opposite. Now I start to see the real scary part of India:) When you people really wake up, you will start look at your own problems seriously without any wishful thinking. There is no problem you cannot solve if you face them honestly.

It reminds me of what was happening in China 30 years when we first opened up. Around that time we realized we'd made huge mistakes. We criticized ourselves so much that sometimes we went way overboard. It seemed everything we did was wrong, and all things western or Japanese were good ;)

Back to the topic. I agree quality of engineering education is important. But you have to start from somewhere. With quantity quality will come. India is still at an early stage of industrialization. Bringing up the knowledge/skill level of the masses is very important. I think India is on the right track. Cheers.

I agree that a major chunk of the recent graduates are unemployable, because of the government being lenient on the accreditation of the private engineering schools. Most of them doesn't even have a proper infrastructure or qualified teachers.

a german or french cricket fan?? :o:

didn't the europeans have enough of that vulgar game, football, to now involve in another ridiculous activity, kirket??
Why are you so morbid all the time? Seriously, list down things that you like. I'm concerned.

I agree that a major chunk of the recent graduates are unemployable, because of the government being lenient on the accreditation of the private engineering schools. Most of them doesn't even have a proper infrastructure or qualified teachers.
Making a joke out of seasoned engineers.

Wow I'm surprised to see a thread filled with self criticism like this. Most others are the opposite. Now I start to see the real scary part of India:) When you people really wake up, you will start look at your own problems seriously without any wishful thinking. There is no problem you cannot solve if you face them honestly.

It reminds me of what was happening in China 30 years when we first opened up. Around that time we realized we'd made huge mistakes. We criticized ourselves so much that sometimes we went way overboard. It seemed everything we did was wrong, and all things western or Japanese were good ;)

Back to the topic. I agree quality of engineering education is important. But you have to start from somewhere. With quantity quality will come. India is still at an early stage of industrialization. Bringing up the knowledge/skill level of the masses is very important. I think India is on the right track. Cheers.
Quality is not, I repeat not what we would like it to be. It wastes a lot of our time. I don't appreciate rat race, but it is sometimes a necessary evil to feel the pressure. That brings sincere efforts and thereby quality. Some of the guys are a bit too much easy going. But they don't care, because they get employed anyway.

Why are you so morbid all the time? Seriously, list down things that you like. I'm concerned.

i gather you haven't seen me in the female-appreciation threads, for example. :enjoy:

i gather you haven't seen me in the female-appreciation threads, for example. :enjoy:
yeah.. I was hoping there is a little more than being a horny male with a fetish for chubby girls :P

On a different note, I'm watching 'I dream of Jeannie'. Try it, you will like it.

Making a joke out of seasoned engineers.

Quality is not, I repeat not what we would like it to be. It wastes a lot of our time. I don't appreciate rat race, but it is sometimes a necessary evil to feel the pressure. That brings sincere efforts and thereby quality. Some of the guys are a bit too much easy going. But they don't care, because they get employed anyway.

But how do you improve the quality though? Perhaps narrowing down the scope of training is one approach. Things like cutting down the numbers of disciplines, offering different levels of degrees instead of just bachelor, master etc. Back in the days in China, we opened a lot of vocational schools where young people could get the needed training in very specific areas. These vocational school are a level or two below real colleges. But they are very effective in filling the immediate need for education. This approach allows student to pick the education paths that fit their own ability and desire and assures quality meeting expectations more closely.

yeah.. I was hoping there is a little more than being a horny male with a fetish for chubby girls :P

oh, there is lot more indeed. :agree:

and that "fetish" is the original taste now spoiled by the crazy fascination for "fitness"... so many people are in some cloud, never questioning if a hard-belly'ed female can be called attractive. :(

On a different note, I'm watching 'I dream of Jeannie'. Try it, you will like it.

that old serial?? i have seen some episodes years ago.

@hinduguy , do you still have the links to "the detectorist"?? nforce, it is a nice serial, calm and different.

also, do you watch "graham norton show"??

Easy loans are been given by the Government and more and more Indians are investing in all the sectors.

But how do you improve the quality though? Perhaps narrowing down the scope of training is one approach. Things like cutting down the numbers of disciplines, offering different levels of degrees instead of just bachelor, master etc. Back in the days in China, we opened a lot of vocational schools where young people could get the needed training in very specific areas. These vocational school are a level or two below real colleges. But they are very effective in filling the immediate need for education. This approach allows student to pick the education paths that fit their own ability and desire and assures quality meeting expectations more closely.
No no no.. narrowing down scope is wrong approach.
Some of these guys are way too much comfortable. That's the problem, they are well inside their comfort zone. The problem is not with what is being provided to them. The problem is, they are pretty much assured of a job. No urge for excellence among a very large group. That hampers quality!

Easy loans are been given by the Government and more and more Indians are investing in all the sectors.

That doesn't make the difference, they have to go through vocational training to make them employable. It is not the case in western nations, students are employable from the very beginning, saving valuable resources and time.

Impressive. This news comes on the heels of the other newsflash "India set to produce world's largest number of babies". Is there a correlation between number of babies and number of engineers?

India to Become World's Most Populous Country by 2022India set to produce world's largest number of babies-india-worlds-most-populous-country/

Indian Population in young and talented and around 65 % are below 30 years .

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom