What's new

India set to be world's second largest steel producer

China is cutting steel production due to over-capacity and environmetnal concerns.

Good to see India pick up the baton and turn itself into a steel producing power, thereby further consolidating its status as the world's most polluted country.:lol::enjoy:

If slightly less than 10 times make you happy then so it be. OK, I am correcting it,It is 8.465408805031447 times smaller than China.Now happy?:-)
You do think that with less than 12% steel production of China's, I will be "happy"?:P We have a unsatisfiable baniya mind which won't even be happy if India gets parity. That's why we rank such low in happy planet index.:D
China is cutting steel production due to over-capacity and environmetnal concerns.

Good to see India pick up the baton and turn itself into a steel producing power, thereby further consolidating its status as the world's most polluted country.:lol::enjoy:
Polluted the environment in last 30 years, since when China started caring about environment?:D
OT: Agree or not, India has now advantage of cheap labour.

China is now a upper middle income economy, most of people to consume steel are saturated meanwhile India has yet a big market to satisfy as well as expanding consumer class.

Over that, China is trying to be a high income economy, so pathetic conditions of labour, low wages, pollution, all issues will have to resolved to give a better lifestyles to its citizens. Even population is declining. So, slowing down of economy isn't surprising.
Meanwhile, India is a lower middle income economy, trying to be upper middle income. As the middle class expands, production will have to be ramped up.
For pollution, measures too are being taken up but won't be compromised with economy.

Great going for India - Steel consumption and production up' Likewise for cement too. This is due to investment in Infrastructure which has gone up significantly under the BJP led government under MODI.

Great going for India - Steel consumption and production up' Likewise for cement too. This is due to investment in Infrastructure which has gone up significantly under the BJP led government under MODI.
Tax collection as well, NHAI is able to run multiple large projects simultaneously for first time. Penalty on Black Money, increased no. of income tax payers, increased bank revenue (so loans),
India is making 11,000 kilometres of roads every year.

After China, hope we surpass US too.
List of countries by road network size - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
India's main issue is with Expressway length, remained unfocussed forclong, so 18,000 km additional expressways will be constructed in 13th 5 years plan and 95000km later.

If slightly less than 10 times make you happy then so it be. OK, I am correcting it,It is 8.465408805031447 times smaller than China.Now happy?:-)

As long as you do not have any specific reason, not to see us happy, i do not understand why we should not be happy with being 1/10th of China.

China is definitely behind to US and many other European countries in many indicators. Does that take away the progress that China made for itself? Of course no. Each nations and its progress is measured in its relative terms. Like China is behind many aspects than US and European nations, and China is getting the respect and they deserve it, in the same way, India may be behind China in many aspect, but that does not mean, India does not deserve respect just because it is less than another country...

China is trying hard to cut back on steel production and India wants to make more. so interesting..

China produces more steel than the rest of the world combined, this stunning fact makes the rest of the global steel production rankings meaningless.

Burn more @cirr

Tax collection as well, NHAI is able to run multiple large projects simultaneously for first time. Penalty on Black Money, increased no. of income tax payers, increased bank revenue (so loans),
India is making 11,000 kilometres of roads every year.

After China, hope we surpass US too.
List of countries by road network size - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
India's main issue is with Expressway length, remained unfocussed forclong, so 18,000 km additional expressways will be constructed in 13th 5 years plan and 95000km later.
According to road criteria in many countries, most roads in india won't be classified as "roads".
In most countries, only paved roads are included....
In China's case, not just paved, but has to comply with a strict national standard.

But in india's case, the number seems like cheating.....
That's why the number is so shining there, but people find nowhere to drive.....

@Shotgunner51 @long_ @terranMarine @Jlaw
This is the Nth time I see an indian bragging about that shining number of "roads"

Last edited:
It is only one-tenth of China.

And where is Bangladesh?

China is trying hard to cut back on steel production and India wants to make more. so interesting..

China produces more steel than the rest of the world combined, this stunning fact makes the rest of the global steel production rankings meaningless.

China is dumping steel in the world market at cheap price. It killed the UK steel industry

And where is Bangladesh?

China is dumping steel in the world market at cheap price. It killed the UK steel industry

It almost killed the Australian iron ore exports went from 110 Aud per ton to 65... several mining companies bite the dust because of them. Friends of mine directly impacted by this stupid free trade agreement with China.

According to road criteria in many countries, most roads in india won't be classified as "roads".
In China's case, not just paved, but has to comply with a strict national standard.

That's why the number is so shining there, but people find nowhere to drive.....

@Shotgunner51 @long_ @terranMarine @Jlaw
This is the Nth time I see an indian bragging about that shining number of "roads"

Every nations have own set of standard for roads/expressways, so let's not compare. In China, highways are constructed based on legislation JTG-B01-2003 ("Technical Standard on Highway Construction"/"公路工程技术标准"). By 2012, the levels and respective quantities are as below:
  • Expressways are Controlled-Access highway, the highest-grade type of highway with access ramps, lane dividers, etc., designed for high-speed vehicular traffic, with all traffic flow and ingress/egress regulated. 111,950 km.
  • Level 1 Highway (一级公路) 74,300 km
  • Level 2 Highway (二级公路) 331,500 km
  • Level 3 Highway (三级公路) 401,900 km
  • Level 4 Highway (四级公路) 2,705,800 km
  • Unclassified Highway (等级外公路) 627,900 km
  • Total Highways 4,141,400km
040019a371fi97h1101hyp-jpg.349087

An expressway toll station in Beijing

This is from a country who already have 20% land mass gone for desert and uninhabited.

China’s deserts spread at an annual rate of more than 1,300 square miles and for years, China’s deserts spread at an annual rate of more than 1,300 square miles

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/.../living-in-chinas-expanding-deserts.html?_r=0

They are more concerned about indian roads than their desert.At least india is one of the world's largest arable land

http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/AG.LND.ARBL.ZS

I don't guess improper mudded roads have certification in India either. Issue is there with width of roads.
Why? India has enough large labour and now enough budget for infrastructure. China made more than a lakh kilometers of motorway in 26 years with building few thousand kilometers per year. Same is there with India.
Who told you that?
When Chinese posters post, they're posting news, when Indian posters post, they're bragging.:lol:

Funny thing is that I signed up here after watching Central & South Asia and Far East Sections.

Far East section has nearly hacked by Chinese members with "glory" meanwhile entire bs is posted in this section about India.
Even if one thread posted, that too demeaned.
Le'me get the thread privilege, this forum gonna be a great fun for me.:enjoy:

What you expect..India should be sorry to achieve 3rd position....China in size is 3 times bigger than India

Hope, I don't get banned or negative for this arrogance. No idea how strict rules are applied here. Sorry.:P

Back
Top Bottom