What's new

India selects EF, Rafale for MMRCA shortlist

Who is now the Favorite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So Typhoon and Rafale it is, I am both surprised and disappointed the F/A-18 E/F did not make it.
It is time for me to switch allegiance to the Rafale, I have that luxury since I'm half French. :cool:

Ha... we kinda missed you in between, remembering all the Hornet talks..

Since you are half frenchie , lets play the Rafale game.:cheers:

rafale_7.jpg

Amazingly close analysis except they had rated F-16 in the top tier!!
Have you seen the specs of F16 ??/ Its a amazing plane and way better than even F16 block 60 at a price which nobody can match....If we can get past the fact that PAF is using F16 for a long time, it is one of the best option...i would have placed it among the top if PAF would not have used it....

In February a company called G2 Solutions has made an analysis.. Here it is.. I think its never been posted.

MMRCA: Our initial analysis

The following table is a quick G2 Internal exercise conducted in early February that shows where, at the time, we believed each competitor was likely to end up in the final selection. It’s highly qualitative in nature and based solely on open source intelligence.

G2-MMRCA2-4-11.bmp

MMRCA: Our initial analysis | G2 Solutions News Analysis

Clearly both F18 and FIN where doing very poor on India issues.

Have you seen the specs of F16 ??/ Its a amazing plane and way better than even F16 block 60 at a price which nobody can match....If we can get past the fact that PAF is using F16 for a long time, it is one of the best option...i would have placed it among the top if PAF would not have used it....

You are actually right, the F-16 IN was indeed awesome. But, the fact that we need this planes for probably the next 40 years would have played a major role in its rejection along with the fact that the numerous restriction with ToT/ end use/ Spares etc. The fact that PAF is using a older version of the same airframe actually should have been a positive reason to go for the latest version of F-16. It would have actually given us a lot of advantages in understanding how to destroy its older and weaker versions.. :flame:

Real pity the SH was not shortlisted...it would have given the best bang for buck within the required MRCA parameters. But I guess the wikileaks incident made dealing with US toxic in India.

OT..it has been a long time since I visited defence.pk, and just reading this thread,I can see that most of the old trolls and some new ones are all still here.:woot:

So Typhoon and Rafale it is, I am both surprised and disappointed the F/A-18 E/F did not make it.
It is time for me to switch allegiance to the Rafale, I have that luxury since I'm half French. :cool:

F/18 and F-16 both mainly have issues due to them being US based. I do not think they are as flexible in sharing tech as others.
Anyways now it is Rafale time for some. I see that offset and TOT played a big role.

Back
Top Bottom