India sees massive decline of female tourists

A1Kaid

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
India sees massive decline of female tourists

timthumb.php

Farah Hyder Posted date: May 27, 2013 In: Latest News, South Asia, Travel, Women | comment :3

NEW DELHI: The decline in female tourists to India continues to manifest itself, a top government spokesperson told Bikyanews.com on Sunday. The official said that the government was worried about the number of female tourists not coming to the country and was planning to implement new safety measures across the country.

“We are preparing a widespread safety campaign and a bolstering of police in certain areas as we have seen too much violence against women in this country,” the official added, alluding to the number of rapes in India, many of which have made international headlines.

And women are speaking out about the violence they have faced in India. Monica was in Goa, enjoying some beach time when she heard a knock on her door late one evening. She went to see who it was, making sure to keep the chain connected. Peering in at her was a man she had not seen before. He didn’t work at the hotel.

“I asked who he was and what he was doing,” she retold to Bikyanews.com. “But he didn’t say anything, reached inside and grabbed my robe. It partially came off exposing my chest. He then tried to smash his way through the door.”

Luckily for Monica, a German national, she was stronger than her potential assailant, able to close the door. She said she left Goa the next day and arrived in Delhi two days later. She now waits for a plane to take her home to Hamburg.

“This is too much. It is disgusting and shocking. Most of Indians are welcoming and nice people, but the rise in sexual violence is taking its toll,” she added. She wants no more of India.

Excerpt: India sees massive decline of female tourists – Bikya News

It was going to happen sooner or later.

It had already happened after the fatal gang rape of the girl on the Delhi bus.

Almost every country issued a travel warning to India for women.
India is a no-go destination for women.

I know some women who don't even take flights that have to refuel in India because of the situation there.

Im NOT going to hesisit on this... Its indeed a SHAME for our Country... And a Scar that has root deep in the mindsets of the common Man.

People cant play the blame game as our Judciary, Police and Administration all 3 have to be blamed.

One Must Note, that on a sharp contrast to Delhi, Mumbai and Bangalore have far far better record, which is a point to be noted by Sheela Dixit and Delhi Police.

Every foreign female visitor to India must wear a chastity belt. The Indian immigration officers should issue one to all and every woman going through customs.

Its imperative for Indian consulate to warn foreign nationals of the rampant rape epidemic of India. I had done my duty of warning a female relative of her desire of travel to India about the prevalent indifference of sexual assault in India.

It had already happened after the fatal gang rape of the girl on the Delhi bus.

Almost every country issued a travel warning to India for women.
India is a no-go destination for women.

I know some women who don't even take flights that have to refuel in India because of the situation there.

Oh really that's sad
I am jealous of your country which has a lot of Drones Ehmm Ehmm Tourists & they do a lot of Strikes Ehrr Shopping

Im NOT going to hesisit on this... Its indeed a SHAME for our Country... And a Scar that has root deep in the mindsets of the common Man.

People cant play the blame game as our Judciary, Police and Administration all 3 have to be blamed.

One Must Note, that on a sharp contrast to Delhi, Mumbai and Bangalore have far far better record, which is a point to be noted by Sheela Dixit and Delhi Police.

Thanks for clarify which part of India is safer than other. But how safe is the safer part of India. Was the rape of the Italian female cyclist taken place in the safer part of India?

Oh really that's sad
I am jealous of your country which has a lot of Drones Ehmm Ehmm Tourists & they do a lot of Strikes Ehrr Shopping

Because there are terror attacks in another country, its ok to rape??? Even by the Indian logic, yours lack of common sense is outrageous.

Thank you indian media, for turning an ordinary country with average crimes statistics to Rape central.

India Obsession forum is a more apt name. Pakistanis think of india 5 times in 20 seconds

Indian media is a TRP ***** and it played a big part in sensationalizing the news to make a story out of it. Indian men do have problem with their women. But the manufactured outrage was irresponsible and shameful.

Back
Top Bottom