What's new

India seeks Pak passageway for freight train service

No such facility should be allowed since they backed out of IPI due to Pakistan

regardless of IPI or even peacetime, why in HELL would we allow it?

That would be RETARDED

i m sure india will abuse this train service to further destabilize pakistan.... i m very sure about india's ominous intentions... always....

Pakistan is a Muslim country, 96% of Pakistan's population is Muslim, we believe all Muslims will unite so are you laughing at what Indian Muslims believe in too?

My friend lets not go out beating muslim drum, Middle Eastern countries are muslim countries too and what have they done to pakistan ? did we unite when pakistan was going through bankruptcy ?? nobody will help anybody unless we help ourself.

I hate the stupid hysteria when people start barging into our doors screaming muslims will unite and do what ? muslims will only unite when there is a mutual interest and pakistan is no situation to offer any benefits to other countries as no other country offer anything to pakistan without its own benefit.

Only hoping u could get this into your head the faster you get it the easier it would be.

And on indian muslims i dont think pakistanis have any right to talk when our own people are killing our own, What authority do we have to talk about them ?

Everyone knows that its the Indian army and Indian police thats the only destabilizing force in Kashmir. Even during peaceful protests, Indian army/police fire at defenseless Kashmiri civilians. Are you saying that the Armarnath land row controversy last year that caused an uproar in Indian Occupied Kashmir was caused by Pakistan too?

Visit the following threads, these are all work of indian army:
http://www.defence.pk/forums/kashmir-war/33872-kashmir-activist-discovered-dead.html

http://www.defence.pk/forums/kashmir-war/32137-more-unmarked-graves-discovered-held-kashmir.html

http://www.defence.pk/forums/kashmi...d-war-indian-army-accused-torture-terror.html

http://www.defence.pk/forums/kashmir-war/31790-2-killings-stoke-kashmiri-rage-indian-force.html

http://www.defence.pk/forums/kashmi...ainst-land-occupation-troops-rock-valley.html

Every year Pakistan marks Kashmir Solidarity Day in support of the Kashmiri people. Pakistanis will always support the Kashmiri people and we will never forget about Kashmir and we will teach our children not to forget about Kashmir either.

73204810.jpg

The train is called the Islamabad-Tehran-Istanbul Railway,
we will not change it to Islamabad-Chabahar-Istanbul Railway for india.

Lets see which route is easier, faster, and least expensive to get to Europe from India:

Suez Canal:

the-suez-canal1.gif

or

Transit:

southasiamap.jpg

China's population is much larger than India, and when your arch rival is sending a request to be part of a transit route through Pakistani soil into Central Asia, Middle East, and Europe you have to take multiple factors into consideration not just economical. You have to take political, security, and social factors into consideration too. As someone said in this thread, India's influence in Europe, Middle East, and Central Asia will be bad news for Pakistan and China, so Pakistan must take all factors into consideration.

This is just the start. ECO was formed in the mid-80's and then it slowed down in the 90's, now in this decade cooperation between ECO member states are improving. This needs to build up, it'll take some time. How do you think EU formed?

Anyways, my post about a union with ECO member states was in a response to an indian member who said Pakistan and India should form a union:rolleyes:

Check the Strategic section of this forum, there's a thread discussing our Interior Minister challenging india on a debate over mumbai incident and India is the one that said there was going to be no dialog unless we take action against 26/11 suspects in Pakistan and now india sends a request to be part of this railway. Aren't you afraid that Pakistan will cut off transit route to india whenever we wanted? Right, you have an alternative route through sea and plan to gain influence over Central Asia, Middle East, and Europe by that time.

As I said before, theres multiple factors to consider when a request comes from your arch rival asking for a transit route to 3 important regions in the world. Political, social, economic, and security. We should look at the long term effect not the short term effect and see what is in the best interest of Pakistan ONLY.

Pakistanis have faith and patience. Once we are connected through railway to all ECO member states and China that will help Pakistani companies tremendously.

The distance from Islamabad to Istanbul by Train is about 6500 Kilometres

The distance from Mumbai to Istanbul is about 7200 Kilometres

The Train will carry Maximum 200 Containers

The Container Ship will carry at least 5,000 Containers – of which possibly 1000 emanate from Mumbai.

The Container Train will have Two Locomotives of 3000 hp each i.e. Total of 6000 hp i.e. 30hp/Container

The ship will be possibly of 30,000 hp i.e.6 hp/Container.

You can surely guess which one will be more economical.

The above comparison will similarly work-be valid for any European Destination.

No fright rights should be managed between Turkey , Iran , Pakistan , China and then from there expanded to rest of asia

India has banned Pakistan's overflights more than twice. Why should we give them passage of freight trains through our territory. You never know what these freight cars are carrying from weapons to terrorists. The answer is no.

Pakistan is at strategic cross roads. IT occupies important trade and milltary routes. India is in the heart of south asia. Isolated by sea and poor neighbours. Such is the reason being India's every ill intentension towards Pakistan. In future it needs to expand its trade towards CA and ME. Pakistan should not agree on any transit routes without solving Kashmir however Pakistan can trade Indian goods as middle men brining significant income and leveraging a trade balance. Something similar to Dubai re-export trade. We can set something identical to Jebel Ali Zone in Karachi or Baluchistan. However no direct transit for India. They do not deserve the previllage.

This thread is months old. The plan has probably fizzled out. I wonder why people respond to these old threads.

Reaching Nepal, Bhutan, and all the other South Asian countries from Islamabad through China is almost the same distance as from Islamabad through India. Islamabad is more closer to Kashmir than New Delhi if you haven't noticed.

India can get to Iran by sea but there is no way India can get to Iran, Turkey, or Central Asia by train without Pakistan's permission.

Doing trade with South Eastern Asian countries is beneficial but not as benefecial as doing trade with Central Asia, Middle East, Europe, and China.

Even if we continue to have bad relations with India, we still can have access to south eastern Asian countries through China which is almost the same distance as through India. Getting to Bangladesh might be a problem but Bangladesh shares a small border with Myanmar (Burma).

we are talking about linking rail through, delhi, islamabad, ankara, kabul, riyad, budapest, tehran, bucharest, warsa, berlin, paris, madrid, lisbon, moscow, bern, belgrade, rome, london, oslo and etc..

almost half of the world, what is your Personal Problem in it????

Back
Top Bottom