What's new

India scores high on Covid-19 response tracker made by Oxford University

The only point I'm making is that community transmission existed before the TJ members were even tested.

This sample for this particular study was of tests up to 19th March. The testing and tracing of TJ Delhi markaz members didn't begin in earnest until 25th March.

https://www.thehindu.com/news/natio...-largest-covid-19-cluster/article31313698.ece

Community transmission existed (40% of cases) without foreign travel or known contact with positive individuals WELL BEFORE the TJ markaz cluster were even tested.

Hindutva needs to calm down and look at the facts.

You may be right, or perhaps, with my outlandish constructions, you may not be wrong. We will know in the next ten days.

But your assertions about the dates of the tests are precisely in line with my argument: that there was no known contact with positive individuals in the tests because at that point of time, the TJ constituents had not been tested.

Please understand what I am saying: if one of those tested was infected by a TJ constituent, it would show up as an infection without any known contact. The contacts became known well afterwards.

You may be right, or perhaps, with my outlandish constructions, you may not be wrong. We will know in the next ten days.

But your assertions about the dates of the tests are precisely in line with my argument: that there was no known contact with positive individuals in the tests because at that point of time, the TJ constituents had not been tested.

Please understand what I am saying: if one of those tested was infected by a TJ constituent, it would show up as an infection without any known contact. The contacts became known well afterwards.
Ok point taken, but still, the transmission you refer to would have still been before the markaz (because once the markaz started, the participants were only spreading it to each other and neither original transmitters nor new infectees would contribute to the above data). Now Indian media is in a hoopla solely over the markaz. Sure, some TJ member may have spread it before the markaz but that was due to general population prevalence and risk and so he is only as "culpable" as anyone else; the documented data implies community spread was significant without that specific markaz having contributed.

Nobody's saying it was a great thing to do in a lockdown (religious gatherings have led to dramas everywhere) but to paint Indian spikes and/or community transmission as due mainly to the Delhi markaz cluster is patently false.

many hindu fascist terrorists in this project and also finance head of this school is also hindu.

I am so sorry sir that Indians cause so much of agony to you. These fascist are present all over the world in leading positions. Damn.

Ok point taken, but still, the transmission you refer to would have still been before the markaz (because once the markaz started, the participants were only spreading it to each other and neither original transmitters nor new infectees would contribute to the above data). Now Indian media is in a hoopla solely over the markaz. Sure, some TJ member may have spread it before the markaz but that was due to general population prevalence and risk and so he is only as "culpable" as anyone else; the documented data implies community spread was significant without that specific markaz having contributed.

Nobody's saying it was a great thing to do in a lockdown (religious gatherings have led to dramas everywhere) but to paint Indian spikes and/or community transmission as due mainly to the Delhi markaz cluster is patently false.

My personal position on this is that there was a series of incredible bad errors of judgement made by the TJ leadership, especially, particularly, Maulana Mohammed Saad. These, sadly enough, were matched by equally negligent acts of omission by both the local administration under that two-faced reptile Kejriwal, always all things to all people, and the control apparatus of the central government.

So much for the distribution of responsibility.

If you had followed the figures, as I and many other Indians had done as a matter of life and death, you would have observed, as we observed, that once the TJ errors were uncovered, and once those returning home were found to be ill and in need of treatment, there was a sharp jump in the number of cases of infection reported. There is evidence from the UP and from Tamil Nadu in particular that the vast majority, in excess of 80%, of the new infections were people put at risk during the congregation at the Markaz.

Res ipsos loquitur.

My personal position on this is that there was a series of incredible bad errors of judgement made by the TJ leadership, especially, particularly, Maulana Mohammed Saad. These, sadly enough, were matched by equally negligent acts of omission by both the local administration under that two-faced reptile Kejriwal, always all things to all people, and the control apparatus of the central government.

So much for the distribution of responsibility.

If you had followed the figures, as I and many other Indians had done as a matter of life and death, you would have observed, as we observed, that once the TJ errors were uncovered, and once those returning home were found to be ill and in need of treatment, there was a sharp jump in the number of cases of infection reported. There is evidence from the UP and from Tamil Nadu in particular that the vast majority, in excess of 80%, of the new infections were people put at risk during the congregation at the Markaz.

Res ipsos loquitur.
What about these people??? Do they have immunity??? Will they be tested???
https://www.thenewsminute.com/artic...a-and-tn-attend-temple-festival-andhra-120386

The tracker is based on indicators such as school closures, travel bans as well as measures such as emergency investment in healthcare, fiscal measure and investment in vaccines by the governments.

default-user.png

• India Today Bureau
  • New Delhi
  • April 10, 2020
  • UPDATED: April 10, 2020 21:07 IST
sanitisation-delhi-pti_0.jpeg

A firefighter spraying disinfectant in Delhi's Nizammudin area (File | PTI)

Atracker, based on data from 73 countries, that calculates governments' response to Covid-19 has identified India's response as one of the most stringent in the world. Created by researchers from Blavatnik School of Government at the University of Oxford, the "Oxford COVID-19 Government Response Tracker" is designed to systematically record government responses worldwide and aggregate the scores into a common 'Stringency Index'.

The tracker is based on indicators such as school closures, travel bans as well as measures such as emergency investment in healthcare, fiscal measure and investment in vaccines by the governments.

Some of the other countries to score a perfect 100 in the tracker are Israel, Mauritius, New Zealand and South Africa.

India_s_100_response-06_0-x1746.jpg

Czech Republic, Itay, Lebanon and France scored in the 90s in the index. Germany and the United States have scored below these countries in the 80s, while the United Kindom scored in 70s.

However, the index does not represent the effectiveness of these measures as countries such as China, South Korea and Singapore which have been successful in flattening the pandemic curve, do not feature among the top countries in the index.

The tracker collects publicly available information on 11 indicators, however, it does not look at the ground level implementation of these indicators.

A statement released by the team behind the tracker said, "The data is collected from publicly available information by a cross-disciplinary Oxford University team of academics and students from every part of the world."

Thomas Hale, Associate Professor at the Blavatnik School of Government, who leads this project, said, "Our index cannot, of course, tell the full story, but we believe the data we have collected can help decision-makers and public health professionals examine the robustness of government responses and provide the first step into understanding exactly what measures have been effective in certain contexts, and why." The tracker is designed to keep updating governments' response as the situation progresses.

https://m.economictimes.com/news/po...-take-on-coronavirus/articleshow/74487704.cms

What an excellent index

Italy and India are scoring high

China and South Korea are scoring low

Hats off and clapping

Italy till today has highest number of fatalities

One also needs to understand that unlike any other gathering or religious gathering this TJ incident was way more damaging because of the nature of it being a pan country event. Local transmissions are easy to trace and quarantine and the containment area + buffer zone is quickly identified whereas these people went back to their respective locality and hid their travel and their symptoms. Its getting easier to brush every negative incident of one community under the carpet of some hindutva agenda. Its a matter irrespective of any agenda.

What an excellent index

Hats off and clapping

Read carefully
Covid-19 has identified India's response as one of the most stringent in the world. Created by researchers from Blavatnik School of Government at the University of Oxford, the "Oxford COVID-19 Government Response Tracker" is designed to systematically record government responses worldwide and aggregate the scores into a common 'Stringency Index'.
Everyone including WHO is appreciated/appreciating Modi on against corona for timely taken the decisions.

Being a 2nd populated country and a developing country. Governments are doing great job in India...

One also needs to understand that unlike any other gathering or religious gathering this TJ incident was way more damaging because of the nature of it being a pan country event. Local transmissions are easy to trace and quarantine and the containment area + buffer zone is quickly identified whereas these people went back to their respective locality and hid their travel and their symptoms. Its getting easier to brush every negative incident of one community under the carpet of some hindutva agenda. Its a matter irrespective of any agenda.

Even, in fact, being an international event.

What an excellent index

Hats off and clapping

Why do Pakistanis blindly support the Chinese? I can understand criticising India but why support the Chinese?

- PRTP GWD

Czech Republic, Itay, Lebanon and France scored in the 90s in the index. Germany and the United States have scored below these countries in the 80s, while the United Kindom scored in 70s.

However, the index does not represent the effectiveness of these measures as countries such as China, South Korea and Singapore which have been successful in flattening the pandemic curve, do not feature among the top countries in the index.

Kindly read...

Italy USA France scoring high with india.

Are u people completely oblivious to what's happening in world..

Those are the worst performers so far (excluding India)

I mean I am not favoring Chinese but do u guys even read what you post or have tiniest power of comprehension???????

Why do Pakistanis blindly support the Chinese? I can understand criticising India but why support the Chinese?

- PRTP GWD

Read paragraph I posted above than go through world map and find countries with worst infections and worst fatalities and they are all mentioned in that paragraph

And than hang your head in shame

And this has been posted as some medal of honor here

Read carefully
Covid-19 has identified India's response as one of the most stringent in the world. Created by researchers from Blavatnik School of Government at the University of Oxford, the "Oxford COVID-19 Government Response Tracker" is designed to systematically record government responses worldwide and aggregate the scores into a common 'Stringency Index'.
Everyone including WHO is appreciated/appreciating Modi on against corona for timely taken the decisions.

Being a 2nd populated country and a developing country. Governments are doing great job in India...

Read the Para I quoted in beginning of this post

@Horus @The Eagle @waz

Why is this in CPEC section?

- PRTP GWD

Kindly read...

Italy USA France scoring high with india.

Are u people completely oblivious to what's happening in world..

Those are the worst performers so far (excluding India)

I mean I am not favoring Chinese but do u guys even read what you post or have tiniest power of comprehension???????
That's Western humor. If you get acquainted with it, you will understand, appreciate and enjoy.

- PRTP GWD

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom