India says Pakistan's Air Force modernisation worrisome

fatman17

PDF THINK TANK: CONSULTANT
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
India says Pakistan's Air Force modernisation worrisome

Saturday, 23 August 2008 00:00 Pakistan Daily

The Indian Air Force does not see the reported modernisation and upgrade of Pakistan's Air Force as a threat, but finds it "worrisome” nevertheless, India's Air Chief Marshal FH Major said on Thursday.

"India does not see it as a threat, but it is worrisome, especially in the current situation," Major said.

The IAF chief was in Kuala Lumpur to visit the Malaysian bases where the IAF personnel were training their Malaysian counterparts to handle SU-30 MKM aircraft, which the Royal Malaysian Air Force is in the process of inducting.

Major told the PTI that the "operational preparedness of the IAF today was "capability-based and not threat-based".

Referring to IAF’s ageing fleet of MiGs, Major said, "All MiG-21s would be phased out by 2011 except the 120 upgraded ones.”

They were upgraded with Russia’s help, but fitted with onboard systems developed by India, France and Israel, and would be used till 2025.

"We have the expertise in India to do that," the air chief said adding, the onboard systems of SU-30 MKI used by India were largely developed indigenously.

Pakistan Daily

I agree with the Indian. Pak moves from antique Mirages, F16's and outdated F7p/pg, A5, non bvr etc etc towards F16 block52, FC20, JF17 (all bvr, interlinks, HMS) supported by one of the best AWACS (Erieye/ZDK-03) and refuelers... I fully agree with the Indian. But then agian India moves impressive with 200+MKI, latest Mig and probably impressive third option...

I agree with the Indian. Pak moves from antique Mirages, F16's and outdated F7p/pg, A5, non bvr etc etc towards F16 block52, FC20, JF17 (all bvr, interlinks, HMS) supported by one of the best AWACS (Erieye/ZDK-03) and refuelers... I fully agree with the Indian. But then agian India moves impressive with 200+MKI, latest Mig and probably impressive third option...

They are also upgrading thier whole mirage 2000 fleet to latest standard bought by UAE.

mate erieye is not an awacs its an AEW&C while phalcon, e-3 are awacs.the basic difference is AEW&C collects data and transfers it to a ground station which then converts it into information and distributes it to other aircraft but awacs does it all by itself and does not rely on a ground station that is why awacs are usually larger than AWE&Cs,so stop calling the erieye an awacs and do some research before u name them.

it was long time back when any preparedness by pak air force was seen as a threat in India
( 1985-1995). now its all abt Indo-chn game. PAF will be used by chinese as a support threat to India if any clash happens(less chances) btwn India- Chn over border (tibet) issue.
rest Of PAF will be taken care by uncle sam,will not let paf expand hugely or deplete continously, would keep it like japanese/s.korean etc air forces i.ie. marginalised and constrained.:cheesy:

crap. Like India is not used to counter China... A lot of arrogance and stupid mindset in the whole post.

mate erieye is not an awacs its an AEW&C while phalcon, e-3 are awacs.the basic difference is AEW&C collects data and transfers it to a ground station which then converts it into information and distributes it to other aircraft but awacs does it all by itself and does not rely on a ground station that is why awacs are usually larger than AWE&Cs,so stop calling the erieye an awacs and do some research before u name them.

Mate? Why does the saab2000 has more computing power, stations and lots of manpower if they just collect radar samples to be send to groundstations? I think you have no clue.
The mindset that Phalcon is better is a typical nationalistic remark.

The co-developped ZDK-03 will be in same class as E-3 or Phalcon with full processing and control.

Jaison : I hope you are very good friends with Sir Munir, If not you being a new member should realize that the above wordings are not appropriate to use.
I QUOTE ( do some research before u name them ). Specially to someone who is in a think tank plus he being a pilot knows more about AWACS. Please respect the senior members and I promise in return you will be respected as well.
Friend it is just a request, no hard feelings.
Thank you.

every country have a right to take important steps for it protection....I think indian air chief should first look at their own steps...then talk about others. if indian can update its Airforce then why not Pakistan..Although we are behind IAF in technology but such type of comments are not good for the relationship...

^^^i think the IAF ACM is reminding the slow and cumbersome indian procurement establishment to make their MRCA decisions as soon as possible.

^^^i think the IAF ACM is reminding the slow and cumbersome indian procurement establishment to make their MRCA decisions as soon as possible.

IAF chief would never make a statement if he was a fighter pilot. This chief has never tasted any thing above 220kt.:lol:

No suprises here. Pakistan is used to Indian whinging. They know what Pakistan is capable of and despite their forthcoming MRCA order, upgraded migs, upgraded mirage 2000's, more MKI's and Isareli UAV's, they just DONT SEEM TO FEEL SAFE ENOUGH.

just to clear this up mr research.....

The ERIEYE AEW&C is the world’s only operational airborne Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) radar in service today. The Saab 2000 ERIEYE AEW&C utilises the latest generation ERIEYE radar, now capable of detecting small air targets, hovering helicopters, cruise missiles and small sea targets such as inflatable rubber boats, for a more complete surveillance picture.
Features:
• ERIEYE latest generation radar and systems
• Enhanced maritime modes
• ERIEYE Mission System
• Electronic Support Measures (ESM)
• Self Protection System (SPS)
• SATCOM and data link solutions
• Automatic Identification System (AIS)
• Platform commonality with other members of the Saab airborne surveillance family

Applications:
• AEW&C
• National security missions
• Border control
• Airborne C2 platform
• Disaster management co-ordination
• Major event security
• Emergency Air Traffic Control (ATC)

Radar System performance:
• Active Phased Array Pulse Doppler multi-mode radar
• 450 km range and above 20 km (65,000 ft) altitude coverage
• Effective surveillance area of 500,000 sq km
• Capable of combined air and sea surveillance
• Automatic tracking of priority air targets
• Identification Friend or Foe (IFF) system

Thats from the SAAB website.

Now the C2 part would be relevant to this discussion!

have a nice day!:cheesy:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom