What's new

India says Pakistan's Air Force modernisation worrisome

Thanks NEO,

>>>The Saab 2000 platform has a cruising speed of 370 knots, it can climb to an altitude of 20,000 ft in 10 minutes, reaching operating area 1,000 nautical miles afar within three hours. It can operate from high altitude airfields, taking off with maximum load and fuel even at hot temperature. Flight safety is maintained throughout all flight conditions, including single engine operations, where the aircraft can maintain altitude at 20,000 ft. To extend mission endurance, Saab packed an extra fuel tank at the rear section of the cabin. For example, in the MPA and SIGnal Surveillance, Targeting, Acquisition, Reconnaissance (SIGSTAR) missions, the Saab 2000 platform can operate at a maximum range exceeding 2000 nautical miles, on a mission endurance exceeding 9.5 hours.

So here you are a few miles away from base... You still need to compute the data... Oops. As Neo already posted and we already said :

>>>he Erieye 2000 AEW aircraft is designed as a more capable aircraft, compared to past generation Erieye. The improved radar can detect smaller targets, including hovering helicopters. The system also uses Identification, Friend /Foe (IFF) system, Electronic Support Measures (ESM) and Automatic Identification System (AIS) which all integrate into a complete surveillance system. The defensive suite is also integrated with the sensors, and comprises of Self Protection System, Missile Approach Warning (MAW) and Laser Approach Warning (LAW) sensors controlling chaff and flare countermeasures.

>>>The radar, mounted on the dorsal superstructure is the main sensor of the Erieye system. Operating in AEW missions from an altitude of about 8,000 meters, Erieye can detect targets at distances beyond to 400 km, including aircraft, surface vessels, and even cruise missiles and other low radar cross-section (RCS) targets flying at 200 km range. Surface naval targets can be detected at a range of 300 km.

>>>The cabin accommodates five operator consoles, which can share the operational picture with ground-bound control system via communications and tactical datalink. The spacious cabin has accommodations for rest area and a galley.

How come I already said that?

I am looking for Phalcon data... :)

mate erieye is not an awacs its an AEW&C while phalcon, e-3 are awacs.the basic difference is AEW&C collects data and transfers it to a ground station which then converts it into information and distributes it to other aircraft but awacs does it all by itself and does not rely on a ground station that is why awacs are usually larger than AWE&Cs,so stop calling the erieye an awacs and do some research before u name them.

Jaison : I hope you are very good friends with Sir Munir, If not you being a new member should realize that the above wordings are not appropriate to use.
I QUOTE ( do some research before u name them ). Specially to someone who is in a think tank plus he being a pilot knows more about AWACS. Please respect the senior members and I promise in return you will be respected as well.
Friend it is just a request, no hard feelings.
Thank you.

i apologise,i shouldnt have used that phrase...
...i hope this will be enough.i may be younger but aviation has been my passion since i was 7 when i used to play with only airplane toys and now i hav a very comprehensive knowledge
so please dont doubt wat i post and am sorry munir i just got a bit excited when i saw u make a mistake,please forgive me if i had offended u and i apologise to all in this thread:angel:

Jaison,

Kindly request you to reconsider your attitude towards Think Tank and Senior members and donot derail threads by flaming replies.

You're young but eager and enthousiast and I like that but keep in mind that many of our Think Tank and Senior members were out there performing their duties as professionals when you were still in liquid form!

Neo

I don't think that it needs that much maintenance. The advantage of AESA is that it has no moveable parts... Also smaller conventional AESA radar show much lower maintenance frequencies. And software is more more important then the hardware updates... Have to search more info but I think they are wrong on 80 hours maintenance.

Yar to tell you the truth you guys known more about electronics then we old guys. your point does make sence. THK

Yar to tell you the truth you guys known more about electronics then we old guys. your point does make sence. THK

Sir you flew in the golden age of aviation. Frankly i would have given anything to fly a sabre.

Jaison Son It will be a honour that you stay with us , see some times we need someone young like you to keep us on our toes :bounce:and thats good.

This explains a lot for most of us! Anyway, pleasure is mine to provide you info,

>>>An Electronically Scanned Array (AESA), also known as active phased array radar is a type of radar whose transmitter and receiver functions are composed of numerous small transmit/receive (T/R) modules. AESA radars feature short to instantaneous (millisecond) scanning rates and have a desirable low probability of intercept.
As solid state devices, AESA radars have vastly simpler mechanical designs. They require no complex hydraulics for antenna movement nor hinge appendages. The AESA radar occupies less space than typical radar, because of its reduced infrastructure requirements and of course its absent range of motion. With these improvements the radar is much more reliable, and requires much less maintenance.
Main advantages over mechanically scanned arrays are extremely fast scanning rate, much higher range, tremendous number of targets being tracked and engaged (multiple agile beams), low probability of intercept, ability to function as a radio/jammer, simultaneous air and ground modes, Synthetic Aperture Radar.
AESA radars for increased radar field of view; The movement performance of the antenna would not need to be nearly as great as that of a traditional radar, as the radar sweep is not integral to the contact update rate.

Jaison Son It will be a honour that you stay with us , see some times we need someone young like you to keep us on our toes :bounce:and thats good.

sure i will bcoz i love this forum and all its members.

Jaison,

Kindly request you to reconsider your attitude towards Think Tank and Senior members and donot derail threads by flaming replies.

You're young but eager and enthousiast and I like that but keep in mind that many of our Think Tank and Senior members were out there performing their duties as professionals when you were still in liquid form!

Neo

sorry sir i will do my best to limit my post to contents,may be my words proved too counterproductive but am sure u will enjoy my presence from now onwards.

Back
Top Bottom