What's new

India Says No To China Warning, India to co-operate with VN.

I will tell u son what are the permanent advantages :
1. India has more population in 20-40 age group which is supposedly the most productive years of a man's life. So, we have demographic advantage.
yet your productivity is nowhere to be seen in the picture, according to WIPO india is still a primative factor driven economy.
2. Yeah your high universal education system :rofl: where graduates and post graduates are learning english(we study english in our primary school) to atleast stand a chance against the highly educated Indians.

thats why you have foreigners speaking chinese in china but almost no foreigner peaks hind in india , you know the mentality behind this phenomenon`:wave:

lemurian, great article.
Just a little concerned about the last part of the article talking about the U.S.
Hope GOI is not counting on US help, because they won't.

lemurian, great article.
Just a little concerned about the last part of the article talking about the U.S.
Hope GOI is not counting on US help, because they won't.

The GOI is too concerned with its domestic troubles. As a result it is not paying as much attention as it should to this issue. This is frankly a mistake. Things could get messy. And no, I don't think US support is counted on.

India has never ever ventured into adventurism & foolhardiness, if she has decided to take a particular stand then you can be pretty sure that it is a very well planned strategy. Until & unless India is so sure of her position & able to defend herself she wouldn't try anything silly. So sorry guys, to ruffle up your feathers but we are going ahead with the oil exploration in the South China Sea.

The GOI is too concerned with its domestic troubles. As a result it is not paying as much attention as it should to this issue. This is frankly a mistake. Things could get messy. And no, I don't think US support is counted on.
I agree with you, this could get messy when not handled correctly.
Glad to hear the GOI is not counting on the US. Sometimes when reading pdf I have the impression a lot of Indian members are.

India has never ever ventured into adventurism & foolhardiness, if she has decided to take a particular stand then you can be pretty sure that it is a very well planned strategy. Until & unless India is so sure of her position & able to defend herself she wouldn't try anything silly.

Nehru's forward policy is an example of adventurism & foolhardiness. And it surely wasn't very well planned. I know it's almost 50 years ago and a lot of water has flowed under the bridge, but to say India NEVER has is just not true!

India has never ever ventured into adventurism & foolhardiness, if she has decided to take a particular stand then you can be pretty sure that it is a very well planned strategy. Until & unless India is so sure of her position & able to defend herself she wouldn't try anything silly. So sorry guys, to ruffle up your feathers but we are going ahead with the oil exploration in the South China Sea.

I like your optimism but dont share it.:) One must be prepared for any eventuality.

what is gonna change when it comes to ground reality?? no body can take up arms for this,for it will be disastrous for both..Since India has an ally in the region in the form of Vietnam,the job will go on as usual,just the way it has been in Russia,South America or Africa..

Nehru's forward policy is an example of adventurism & foolhardiness. And it surely wasn't very well planned. I know it's almost 50 years ago and a lot of water has flowed under the bridge, but to say India NEVER has is just not true!
Giving asylum to a revered religious figure like Dalai Lama, was not adventurism, but was for humanitarian reasons. Of 'course India was a weak country back then, but today we cannot be arm twisted, even by super powers of the world.

Its not just about a military skirmish(which is unlikely, but cannot be ruled out), but also about the possibility of a mischief along the Border. The cost-benefits of the Vietnam move needs to be assessed.

yet your productivity is nowhere to be seen in the picture, according to WIPO india is still a primative factor driven economy.

thats why you have foreigners speaking chinese in china but almost no foreigner peaks hind in india , you know the mentality behind this phenomenon`:wave:
lol foreigners have to learn chinese because chinese ppl are not so good at learning English or other languages, you guys cannot even differentiate between "to" and "do" so its nightmare for others to converse with you. where as we Indians or the other ppl from subcontinent are quite good in English vocabulary. its just for business purpose they learn for their convenience and nothing else.

Giving asylum to a revered religious figure like Dalai Lama, was not adventurism, but was for humanitarian reasons. Of 'course India was a weak country back then, but today we cannot be arm twisted, even by super powers of the world.
The forward policy was about trying to set a new ground reality in borden disputes. That is adventurism.
What happened back then however has nothing to do with this topic ,so lets get back on topic.

what is gonna change when it comes to ground reality?? no body can take up arms for this,for it will be disastrous for both..Since India has an ally in the region in the form of Vietnam,the job will go on as usual,just the way it has been in Russia,South America or Africa..
Didn't China already use force removing some installations on one of the islands?
Also remember an article in which they shelled a ship.
Trusting the other side won't use force when it comes to border disputes is a mistake.
Doing so when it's not your border dispute is, to say it kindly, not so smart.

ummmm How many times they have given this "warning"????
How many times did Zhou Enlai?
How many times has somebody build drilling installations in the disputed area?
Territorial disputes are to be taken seriously. When it's not yours, maybe it's best not to interfere.
If it's only about ticking the Chinese off, there must be better and safer ways.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom