What's new

India says no to Afghan arms plea

yes india is the largest non-military aid provider to afghan. yes you are right that is one of the reason india doesn't want to give military aid to afghan. india wants to fight and to do so india is providing training ANA, which is the most effective way to fight taliban without provoking pakistan and to attract a clean image within afghan people.

Providing training is all India should do, nothing more.

Still, I question India being the largest donor simply because the US and UK have already given tens of billions of dollars in development money to Afghanistan, and it looks like they'll continue to do so. India is one of the largest, giving billions, but nowhere near as much as the US and UK.

Wise move by GOI in current situation because India does not want to tease Pakistan military where new democratic goverment is formed but they help Afghanistan by tained their Armed forces, help them in Insfratructure, education, social, financial sector etc. which make big stake for India in Afghanistan. Currently NATO helps Afghanistan in lethal weapons. When ANA will sufficient to handle Taliban solely then GOI wouldn't mind to give them lethal weapons.

Yes it is. and we dont want to give a chance to Pakistan to use it as a reason to support the Taliban. Bottom line is we are giving them something more better than weapons.

Yep we are giving them Men(Leaders) who are capable of using them.

21nxg_p6_7_petlee_g161jl329121nxg_afghan.jpg
kindly also adopt the afghan refugese also
we feeding them from last 40 years but they do not like us

why Afghan don't like Pakistan despite this kind of support? time for some introspection?

India providing even nuclear bomb doesnt affect us at all :)

rather this move was expected because Congress is not as emotional fool as many of you naive posters think so.

The party took the decision in favour of India

Yea, now our Government is suddenly intelligent for Pakistanis, It is the same congress which divided your country.

We know how even presence of Indian consulates in Afghanistan makes your whole nation consult physicians for diarrhea.

I can see how Pakistanis are becoming relived with this news, few scared souls were even predicting this move.

It is consistent Indian pragmatism that has made even half literate Pakistani predict so accurately about us and It is our non-confronting nature that your nation is doing all the misadventures with its neighbors, otherwise if India was to be half the quixotic like Pakistan the Pak-Punjab would have been now surrounded by nations which are it's provinces today.
I hope we have better plans that simple minds won't be able to read.

After earning billions from USA in the name of Afghan refugees, they are still third class citizens though self sustaining and working hard to earn their living.

BTW we had enough Bangladeshis given citizenship after 1971 war, thanks to Pakistan for the crack down. No one gave us dollars to rehabilitate them and we still rarely talk and claim brownie points for sheltering them.

The same Mig-21s that shot down your Breguet Atlantic.

yes 15 years ago not yesterday...
imagine an aircrft that can only shot down an unarmed aircrft 15 years back..today i think it cant even do that..no wounder named as flying coffins..
its impossible fr finished aircrft to be inducted by another countr..mig21 were built in 60s and have well passed their lifes

i think this is just sad, a country where people are still in poverty giving aid other countries , don't you think so?

What do you think about a country spending heck of a lot of money building nuke warheads while its literacy rate is 57%,human development stantard is low,percapita income is $2700 cities lack electricity and public transportation??

Well,our condition is much better and we spend $70 billion an year for poverty eradication and $200 Billion on infrastructure.

i think this is just sad, a country where people are still in poverty giving aid other countries , don't you think so?

Yes, If Pakistan set example for us who succeed with caring of his people without assisting other poor countries.

as I said in the previous thread on the same topic,India willn't provide them anything openly.India already donated several platforms in Afghanistan,but they didn't made the headline,as we don't want to tangle their domestic catastrophe.just like Mayanmar,we'll provide them weapons alright,but not openly.Afghan prez was fool enough to handover "Weapons Wish List"..we might provide them funds secretly so that they could purchase lethal weapons.but they'll most probably get transport equipment..also,as Nawaz is trying to pursue a relation of harmony,there is no reason we irk him..afghan govt can purchase from anyone they wish.

Back
Top Bottom