What's new

India’s claim on Gilgit, Baltistan rebutted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well we have already taken revenge for BangladeshKashmir*By area wise it is more than half of the bangladesh(about 83k squarekm)Still having very less populationMuch more strategic*attached with the rest of pakistan unlike bangladesh thousand miles away
Well for that you raised a monster that has resulted in deaths of 40,000 Pakistanis and over 5,000 Soldiers and your biggest province has become unstable. Sectarian violence and targeted killings in important part of countries are going on unabated. And brought down the image of Pakistan in rest of the world at all time low.

Is that so called revenge worth it ? Think about it.

Gilgit Baltistan and Azad Kashmir were both part of the state of Jammu and Kashmir pre-1947 which was ruled by the Maharaja. The Maharaja (who was the legal owner and caretaker of the state) signed the accession documents for all of J&K to India, and therefore Gil Baltistan and Azad Kashmir all belong to India legally.

Sadly Pakistan does not believe in such things like legal systems, as can be clearly seen from the internal chaos and lawlessness that Pak is in today. As a result, lands that legally belong to us are illegally being occupied by Pak.

Dude seriously how much claustrophobia are you suffering from. People in Gilgit Baltistan are voting for their elected representatives same goes for Azad Kashmir. Unlike Indian occupied Kashmir we don't have 300000 military personal stationed in either gilgit baltistan or Azad Kashmir. Secondly how the hell is this all related to Pakistan internal chaos. You people have no interest in Azad kashmir but rather just want to keep the issue alive just to fuel your internal politics.

I think it's time we strongly proposed our claim on Sindh. This has been hanging for too long. Considering human rights situation we should propose autonomy for balochistan with an international monitoring committee under Indian authority.

Then Pakistani ISI we will make sure india is shortened in form of khalistan ,tamil Nadu ........etc

Tamil Nadu ??? buddy Tamil people are the most patriotic and nationalistic than most southerns states. so incorrect on naming Tamil Nadu there.

Tamil Nadu ??? buddy Tamil people are the most patriotic and nationalistic than most southerns states. so incorrect on naming Tamil Nadu there.

And, Khalistani's can have their own state out of Canada because that's where they are right now.

OT: So how was it rebutted actually?

Gilgit Baltistan and Azad Kashmir were both part of the state of Jammu and Kashmir pre-1947 which was ruled by the Maharaja. The Maharaja (who was the legal owner and caretaker of the state) signed the accession documents for all of J&K to India, and therefore Gil Baltistan and Azad Kashmir all belong to India legally.

Sadly Pakistan does not believe in such things like legal systems, as can be clearly seen from the internal chaos and lawlessness that Pak is in today. As a result, lands that legally belong to us are illegally being occupied by Pak.

Yes and where is this instrument of accession?

Read it properly

Kashmir-Accession-Document-a.jpg

Kashmir-Accession-Document-b.jpg

The Instrument of Accession is a legal document executed by Maharajah Hari Singh, ruler of the princely state of Jammu and Kashmir, on 26 October 1947.[1][2] By executing this document under the provisions of the Indian Independence Act 1947, Maharajah Hari Singh agreed to accede to the Dominion of India .[3][4]
In a letter sent to Maharajah Hari Singh on 27 October 1947, the then Governor-General of India, Lord Mountbatten accepted the accession with a remark, “it is my Government's wish that as soon as law and order have been restored in Jammu and Kashmir and her soil cleared of the invader the question of the State's accession should be settled by a reference to the people.” [5] Lord Mountbatten’s remark and the offer made by the Government of India to conduct a plebiscite or referendum to determine the future status of Kashmir led to a dispute between India and Pakistan regarding the legality of the accession of Jammu and Kashmir to India.[6][7] India claims that the accession is unconditional and final while Pakistan maintains that the accession is fraudulent.[8]

Yes and where is this instrument of accession?

Read it properly

Kashmir-Accession-Document-a.jpg

Kashmir-Accession-Document-b.jpg

The Instrument of Accession is a legal document executed by Maharajah Hari Singh, ruler of the princely state of Jammu and Kashmir, on 26 October 1947.[1][2] By executing this document under the provisions of the Indian Independence Act 1947, Maharajah Hari Singh agreed to accede to the Dominion of India .[3][4]
In a letter sent to Maharajah Hari Singh on 27 October 1947, the then Governor-General of India, Lord Mountbatten accepted the accession with a remark, “it is my Government's wish that as soon as law and order have been restored in Jammu and Kashmir and her soil cleared of the invader the question of the State's accession should be settled by a reference to the people.” [5] Lord Mountbatten’s remark and the offer made by the Government of India to conduct a plebiscite or referendum to determine the future status of Kashmir led to a dispute between India and Pakistan regarding the legality of the accession of Jammu and Kashmir to India.[6][7] India claims that the accession is unconditional and final while Pakistan maintains that the accession is fraudulent.[8]

The bold part never happened so no plebiscite..:bunny:

keep on crying indian Gilgit Baltistan is core part of pakistan and GB people are Proud Pakistanis , Gilgit Baltistan is 5th province of pakistan :pakistan:

Dude seriously how much claustrophobia are you suffering from. People in Gilgit Baltistan are voting for their elected representatives same goes for Azad Kashmir. Unlike Indian occupied Kashmir we don't have 300000 military personal stationed in either gilgit baltistan or Azad Kashmir. Secondly how the hell is this all related to Pakistan internal chaos. You people have no interest in Azad kashmir but rather just want to keep the issue alive just to fuel your internal politics.

and we have only 2 Pakistani army men at Pak china border :D

Hunza (princely state):

On 3 November 1947, the ruler, Mohammad Jamal Khan sent a telegram to Mohammad Ali Jinnah acceding his state to Pakistan.[26] It stated:
"I declare with pleasure on behalf of myself and my State accession to Pakistan"

not to forget the people who fought for the Kashmir war were also Hunzai Balti and Gilgati people :pakistan: have you indians heard about the scouts of Gilgit Baltistan who defended their mother land and kicked Maharajahs *** out from the GB

And, Khalistani's can have their own state out of Canada because that's where they are right now.

OT: So how was it rebutted actually?

I think we should stake a claim for canada and britan to be declared Indian territories...high time no :azn:

Since we cannot fund the dam from our pocket, we are looking for a ADB or WB loan, which would require an Indian NOC for building it in a disputed territory.

My opinion.. India should promptly give the NOC. No harm in doing that.Our own interests are not being harmed.So we are satisfied.
On a side note..Damn this terrorism thing...If this thorn was not there,we could have worked together and done so much... I hope my next generation will see better times.

I personally believe that India and Pakistan should make a deal.

India should exchange kashmir valley for Gilgit Baltistan. The Gilgit Shias will probably be happier with India and live peacefully with their coreligionists in Kargil and Kashmiris of the valley being sunnis will probably be happier with Pakistan.

I know the nationalists on this website won't agree to this but think about it. It sounds like a fair long-term solution and very out of the box.

Clear cut sign of jahalat/ illiteracy and ignorance. They confuse the Tamil freedom movement in Sri Lanka with Tamils in India.

I think we should stake a claim for canada and britan to be declared Indian territories...high time no :azn:

Let's take care of our immediate surroundings first. Isme hi aur 20 saal nikal jayegi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom