What's new

India, Russia to study building USD 25 billion pipeline

My Economics prof was saying the same thing right before I scored the highest marks in the class
You're living in canada and i'm sure Nuclear weapons are not going to fall right above your head :p: you should write some articles abt IA taking over Azad Kashmir and how IA could do it without triggering a nuclear war, after writing these articles there is a possibility that you will get a job from Arnab Goswami Sahb...

if it was possible to run over Pakistani territory then Indians wud have done that long time ago...

You're living in canada and i'm sure Nuclear weapons are not going to fall right above your head :p: you should write some articles abt IA taking over Azad Kashmir and how IA could do it without triggering a nuclear war, after writing these articles there is a possibility that you will get a job from Arnab Goswami Sahb...

if it was possible to run over Pakistani territory then Indians wud have done that long time ago...
Agreed with u 100% from my heart

Yes Pakistan Should let the Pipeline flow through its territory. At least work on something so that we have a common ground with them. One should not forget how India never revoked Indus water treaty. Perhaps, its high time we also return such favour. Measure like this will help in building confidence, so that we will know things can be worked out. An Air of unnecessary hostilities will be removed

I really hope that China asks Pakistan to allow the passage of Gas Pipeline

Last edited:
IPI and TAPI are dead projects as both of them pass through Pakistan.

Indian Government has signed agreements on TAPI

19 October, 2015,

Ashgabat Agreement’, International North-South Transport Corridor (INSTC) and Turkmenistan-Afghanistan-Pakistan-India (TAPI) Gas Pipeline project implementation were discussed.

http://indianexpress.com/article/wo...ts-work-on-gas-link-to-afghanistan-pak-india/
December 14, 2015 7:43 am
Hamid Ansari along with the President of Turkmenistan, Afghanistan, and the PM of Pakistan pressing the button to begin the welding process of the TAPI Gas Pipeline, in Mary, Turkmenistan. (Source: PIB)
tapi-759.jpg

The TAPI pipeline will have a capacity to carry 90 million standard cubic metres a day (mmscmd) gas for a 30-year period. India and Pakistan would get 38 mmscmd each, while the remaining 14 mmscmd will be supplied to Afghanistan.

Turkmenistan’s state company Turkmengaz will lead the consortium for building the pipeline carrying gas from the former the Soviet state to India, Pakistan and Afghanistan.

India’s state gas utility GAIL has signed a Gas Sales and Purchase Agreement (GSPA) with Turkmengaz for import of 38 mmscmd of natural gas for 30 years. However, with Afghanistan agreeing to take approx 1.5-4 mmscmd against the original agreed volume of 14 mmscmd, the Indian volumes may increase to 43-44.25 mmscmd.

TAPI will carry gas from Turkmenistan’s Galkynysh field, better known by its previous name South Yoiotan Osman that holds gas reserves of 16 trillion cubic feet.

From the field, the pipeline will run to Herat and Kandahar province in Afghanistan, before entering Pakistan. In Pakistan, it will reach Multan via Quetta before ending at Fazilka (Punjab) in India.

I can't see a pipeline from Russia to India being cost efficient, certainly not at the present prices of oil. The geographical issues are a separate headache, a nightmare.

"The geology is similar to the vast hydrocarbon reservoirs of Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan and Tajikistan across the northern border."

The north of Afghanistan is also more secure than its southern provinces, which contain Taliban strongholds.

The US geological survey in 2006 estimated northern Afghanistan's undiscovered hydrocarbon resources at 1.6 billion barrels of oil, 16 trillion cubic feet of natural gas and 500 million barrels of gas liquids.

In August, Afghanistan started pumping a modest 800 barrels per day of crude from the Angot field in the rugged northern province of Sar-i-Pul, representing the country's first oil production.

Given the mistrust between India and Pakistan, majority of these pipelines will remain pipe dreams. The best options is to use transport ships to transport oil and gas from somewhere like Iran. Chahabar can be India's point of connection with CAR and Russia.

As long as you pay the transit fee

Welcome :P

The point is India doesn't want to be at the end of Pakistani whims. Let us say there is a war tomorrow between India and Pakistan, Pakistan can stop the flow of oil and gas there by seriously effecting India's economy at a time such as war.

Given the mistrust between India and Pakistan, majority of these pipelines will remain pipe dreams. The best options is to use transport ships to transport oil and gas from somewhere like Iran. Chahabar can be India's point of connection with CAR and Russia.

NSA Chief Ajit Doval made the statements while delivering the Rustamji Memorial Lecture on 'Challenges of Securing Our Borders'. While speaking on how border guarding forces needed to go beyond physical security, Doval said, "We have to plan and prepare for the future. We have got seven countries with which we share our border. We have six with which we directly share contiguous border. But we also have a 106-km-long non-contiguous border with Afghanistan that we need to factor in. With all these seven countries, we have very special and peculiar relationships and peculiar problems."

india-pakistan-map.jpg

NSA Chief Ajit Doval made the statements while delivering the Rustamji Memorial Lecture on 'Challenges of Securing Our Borders'. While speaking on how border guarding forces needed to go beyond physical security, Doval said, "We have to plan and prepare for the future. We have got seven countries with which we share our border. We have six with which we directly share contiguous border. But we also have a 106-km-long non-contiguous border with Afghanistan that we need to factor in. With all these seven countries, we have very special and peculiar relationships and peculiar problems."

india-pakistan-map.jpg

It is almost impossible to get GB from Pak without a war. Unless India has GB we cannot claim for real that Afghanistan and India have a 106-km-long. So as I said, make Chabahar the port of entry for India to CAR, Europe and Russia. Undersea pipeline is costly and maintaining it is even more costly.

Here its not just about oil and gas but even natural resources worth billions and those are untouched natural resources which Afghanistan is having .

It is almost impossible to get GB from Pak without a war. Unless India has GB we cannot claim for real that Afghanistan and India have a 106-km-long. So as I said, make Chabahar the port of entry for India to CAR, Europe and Russia. Undersea pipeline is costly and maintaining it is even more costly.

Here only Republic of India, Pakistan and Afghanistan can work out. This region can be developed more and Afghans can see development and good life.

Here its not just about oil and gas but even natural resources worth billions and those are untouched natural resources which Afghanistan is having .

Here only Republic of India, Pakistan and Afghanistan can work out. This region can be developed more and Afghans can see development and good life.

This is hope against any hope. There is no way Pakistan will allow a transit route to India through GB.

This is hope against any hope. There is no way Pakistan will allow a transit route to India through GB.

Pakistan establishment needs to understand this that Afghans and Indians are extending hand of friendship towards them.

I

From the field, the pipeline will run to Herat and Kandahar province in Afghanistan, before entering Pakistan. In Pakistan, it will reach Multan via Quetta before ending at Fazilka (Punjab) in India.

Through Pakistan? I rest my case.

Back
Top Bottom