What's new

India, Russia revive 5th-generation fighter aircraft talks; Kamov cost negotiations begin

we Indians are too mellow when dealing with these firangees.... bc why Russian stuff when all they want is money... they dont give a rat *** to Indian friendship.

Well they can't be any worse but I am more confident in the French's industrial and commerical activities. They certainly won't charge India for renovating their shipyards (ie as the Russians did with the Yanter shipyard with India's payments for Talwars).

Aside from the aforementioned Russian projects and US FMS deals, what exactly did the UPA buy? Almost nothing.

Ah, so the Russians shot themselves in the foot and India was the long term winner because it forces them to look elsewhere?
Looking somewhere is the result of the sluggishness of GoI defense policies .Dont blame foreign companies or nations for that .

we Indians are too mellow when dealing with these firangees.... bc why Russian stuff when all they want is money... they dont give a rat *** to Indian friendship.
Sir People who had followed Indian Russian Relation know this since 1990ies....If i am correct the main reason why India had gone for Su 30 in 90ies was because Russians were looking to sell Su 27 to Pakistan....

Last edited:
Sir People who had followed Indian Russian Relation know this since 1990ies....If i am correct the main reason why India had gone for Su 30 in 90ies was because Russians were looking to sell Su 27 to Pakistan....

The friendship struck with USSR was more real then the modern Russia , infact even USSR favored India because of a reason, but thats a different story. India's foreign policy was too weak to have any influence globally and we just procured whatever we could from Russia as our only supplier to fight Pakistan. Russia was happily ready to be the supplier as long as India served as a market. All this happened in disguise of friendship (and I would like to belive that atleast we were honest in this regard). Favors did come from both the sides for each other but that was more business like than any real motive. We have been a milking cow for them and Vikramaditya is just one of the examples which blew the lid (finally). Our great sardarji cozily slept with the russian blonde she buffalo and India paid the price of that one night stand through tax payers money, which of course Russia doesnt care because all they wanted to was to honey trap the officer from the country who they claimed o be their best ally just because hey needed money. I say no one is a friend..not even Israel, but atleast we know why Israelis are supporting us and not playing the double game. Its time we give $hit about our traditions and go out and act bold... JV with Israel and Japan and Make in India is the way to go.

dont say that, you will give uncle sam and grandpa harry a heart attack.

i dont think anyone is allowed to sell weapons to iran yet, not so sure.
but i dont think they will be partners for the t-50, but a of the shelf buyer is more likely. but there is a report of iran looking at the su-30, also the deal includes co-production

Iran to Purchase Sukhoi-30 Fighter Jets From Russia - ABC News

I'm aware that None can sell Iranian's "Fighter Jets" at present. Hence, I mentioned once the sanctions are lifted.

To modernize it's Military, Iran will look for Two Nations : Russia and China - Russia can play an important role in this. If India decides to Pull Out T-50, Iran can come in the picture, as given the current Economic situation "Russia" can't sustain it's development.

@PARIKRAMA Russian Cut Price By Half
It's because India agreed to do away with current version and go for major upgrades on PAKFA itself. Before brand new fighter jet called FGFA designed and 3 prototypes built by both India and Russia was on the plate. It could have given us much needed experience for our own AMCA program. It's win win for both either way as now Russians got what they want : Funds to make changes in their PAKFA and while India Wil gets world's best fifth gen fighter on pay with F22 in less funds and of course less time.
Wonder what could be the solution for engine optimization. May be at beginning prototypes or even first batch fly with much worried engine Saturn AL-41F1 engines, which are a series production model used by the Russian 4.5 generation fighters, such as Sukhoi Su-35.
AL 41F1 offers 33 k thrust roughly but PAKFA supposed to get 40000 lbs thrust with Type 30 engines which are still under development. If we don't see any proper prototypes by the end of 2016 Then we can be sure our prototypes and even first batch (2018-2019) will be under powered.

I'm aware that None can sell Iranian's "Fighter Jets" at present. Hence, I mentioned once the sanctions are lifted.

To modernize it's Military, Iran will look for Two Nations : Russia and China - Russia can play an important role in this. If India decides to Pull Out T-50, Iran can come in the picture, as given the current Economic situation "Russia" can't sustain it's development.
yes thats right.
also i heard they are looking at the t90 an s300, but it takes time to keep sam and harry and their mates happy.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom