What's new

India, Russia discuss $4bn deal for 4 stealth frigates

2003-2004 - 3 Ships - $ 1 Billion
2011-2013 - 3 Ships - $ 1.15 Billion

2017-2018 - 4 Ships - $ 4 Billion?? lol impossible. Could be a mistake in reporting. We should be getting the finished hulls cheaper than the ones we bought in the past. We may buy them at the same price if License to build is considered. Personally, we should just modify Kamorta for a 4500 ton Frigate and build them in high numbers.

4500 Ton Frigate Design Kamorta Armaments:

Anti-air missiles:

• 24/32-cell VLS launched Barak 8/ER missiles
Anti-ship/Land-attack missiles:
  • 8 × VLS launched BrahMos, anti-ship and land-attack cruise missiles
Guns:
Anti-submarine warfare:
  • 2 × Twin Varunasthra torpedo launchers
  • 1 × RBU-6000 anti-submarine rocket launchers

kamorta-3-e1436994855916.jpg

Good Day!

There is nothing these upgraded Talwars have that justifies a price tag of $1BN USD each. For that money the IN could get a much more advanced P-17A Frigate or a P-15B DESTROYER. Sure, it would be nice to get an addtional 3 Talwars whilst the P-17As are under construction but not at this price point.

I agree, better invest this money in Indigenous vessels of equal distinction

1. We buy the ships or not , but the Russians are resuming construction of this project after the power plant is developed and black sea fleet will have 8 such ships. There's nothing like they are desperate. When we back ourselves to build high tech systems , we shouldn't underestimate Russia, they are more than capable to have a power plant for their ships. You can follow the developments of Russia's next generation gas turbines and diesel engines in the Russian Navy section of Russian Defence Forum. They are going to build corvettes , frigates and amphibious ships all with it.

2. Russia has openly offered 2 SSNs ( refurbished ) and 1 newly built , on " Pay and take basis ". No terms and conditions. And after 3 more Akulas arrived for refurbishment , its upto India , which can virtually get all of them.

With above two points , all you are saying is , " FALSE THEORY ".

I would rather have even one sentence where any , I repeat any Russian official says " SSNs and Frigates" in one line even.

Please stop believing crap being published by dick heads.

I say go for the SSNs, but ignore the Frigate offer we can build them at home

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom