What's new

India, Russia 5th Generation Fighter Jet Deal is ‘Lost’

7 billions including TOT is acceptable.

There is no TOT. Co-Development is what India wants. And thats where the crux is.

Russia wants to screw India over again like it did with SU-30MKI. Lots of tech developed for it, Russia used them for newer jets and for selling to others. India did not get any dime on it.

There will be no war for at least 2 decades between India, Pak or China. They all are busy improving their own countries. Lunatics from all the countries crying for it has no use.

This is India's money, But I find here so many advisors to tell India what to do and what not to!
Just like free advise given by office colleagues how to invest your own money!

For $7 billion, India can recruit a few thousand top researchers, engineers, and scientists and come up with something of its own in 15 years. Don't rely on DRDO. DRDO is a white elephant.

$7 billion is a lot of money. $7,000,000,000....

In Indian costs, you can build a whole military R$D city with this kinda money.
How many f35 can india get in 7 billions?

It more the Cost-Benefit analysis than lack of funds. That is standard in any democracy so that people can't go ahead and waste public money where they didn't have to for their own profit or whims.

India has bought more expensive stuff than this and every year sets aside plenty of funds for defence. It's the judicious utilization of those funds that stops a lot of deals.

I will pay you what you want if I feel I'm getting the value I want. Otherwise, no deal.

Read my post above. India can use $7billion much better than giving it to the Russians for an Aircraft we may not even be able to fully customize to our needs.
I think india has enough money.they just dont think that this deal is worthy of 7 billions.i wonder how many f35 they can get.

Folks, India will never buy US fighter jets. No need to speculate.

How many f35 can india get in 7 billions?

What I'm saying is something different here.

We have $X and two options:

1. Give that $X to someone for a good product which we may not immediately need. and then a few decades down the line, give another $X for another good product.

2. Wait a few years. Use much less than $X and build the factories and technology to build that product thereby also building the capability to build similar products in the future and also gain foreign sales while completely eliminating the diplomatic baggage.

What sounds like reasonable choice?

It's not India can't afford 7billions, they just think the Russian fighter is not worth that much. Without India's investment, Russia will go to hell.

Why not?

1. Give that $X to someone for a good product which we may not immediately need. and then a few decades down the line, give another $X for another good product.

2. Wait a few years. Use much less than $X and build the factories and technology to build that product thereby also building the capability to build similar products in the future and also gain foreign sales.

Where you gonna get the know how?

7 billions can buy 84 units of Su35.

We may not be able to get the knowhow to develop an F-35 level product right away but we can definitely come up with something which, considering the significantly lower costs, if mass produced in large numbers, handle our security threats. Some reasonable compromise on quantity compensated by a significant quantity. And this is just for starters, you can always build on the technology.

At some point you have to build. You can't always go out and keep buying.

Every product from US to non allies comes with waterdown specs. And no matter what they toot, Pakistan and India is not their allies. We are brown skin desert dwellers and snake charmers for them.:smitten:

Case in point the P8I and INS Jalashwa. And you want India to get a front line equipment from them?

Indian AF uses Medium and Heavy jets as the first wave.

UK is the L1 partner. Even they are having tough time to get access to the tech & source codes. UK, the one true ally of theirs.

2. Wait a few years. Use much less than $X and build the factories and technology to build that product thereby also building the capability to build similar products in the future and also gain foreign sales while completely eliminating the diplomatic baggage.

What you are saying is spend the money on r&d.From what i have read in the forum fgfa is based on pakfa.And amca also gets a lot of things fron fgfa.So if you cancel the deal with russia it will automatically affect the home made amca.Better go for f35 or more rafale.

Didn't India buy US attack helicopters and P-8s, too? What is wrong with US fighter jets?

7 billions can buy 84 units of Su35.

Eeesh My friend. Are you being sarcastic? I will bite.

India is going the China way. Finally.

LCA Tejas is not a failure in any manner. The amount of MIC built for it is mind boggling. Apart from engine, many of the subsystems for AMCA was already being designed and tested. The new Strategic Procurement plan need to be seen in that aspect.

No it is still not complete. Not by a long shot.

2019 will see Tejas flying with K9 or K10+ Kaveri variants. That is if Dassault wants business in India.

Didn't India buy US attack helicopters and P-8s, too? What is wrong with US fighter jets?

Read above post my friend.

Every product from US to non allies comes with waterdown specs. And no matter what they toot, Pakistan and India is not their allies. We are brown skin desert dwellers and snake charmers for them.:smitten:

Case in point the P8I and INS Jalashwa. And you want India to get a front line equipment from them?

Indian AF uses Medium and Heavy jets as the first wave.

UK is the L1 partner. Even they are having tough time to get access to the tech & source codes. UK, the one true ally of theirs.
Why waterdown is an issue? Are you trying to compete with US the provider? As long as it is better than what your potential enemies have, even a watered-down version is a good choice, isn't it?

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom