What's new

India remembers World War II soldiers

Isaq Khan

BANNED
Reaction score
India remembers World War II soldiers

United Nations, May 7 (PTI) Marking the 65th anniversary of the end of the World War II, India has paid tributes to the soldiers who lost their life during the fight against Nazi forces.

Noting the contribution of Indian soldiers in the war, India's ambassador to the UN, Hardeep Singh Puri, said: "It is very important to also note and remember the huge contributions and sacrifices made by people in other parts of the world."

"This is certainly true of my country," Puri said.

The Indian envoy pointed out that at the start of the World War II, the Indian army comprised of 200,000 men but then grew to 2.5 million men.

"The largest volunteer force ever raised in history and it participated in most of the crucial campaigns of World War II, suffering nearly 35,000 fatalities and over a 100,000 injured," Puri said.

fullstory

Our contribution in the World war is never credited, we have won the world war to make this world a safe place to live.

And its Indian Army (India-Pakistan) whose bravery have achieve it.

It such a shame that Main Stream Media has ignored our contributions in world war 2.

It such a shame that Main Stream Media has ignored our contributions in world war 2.

Just curious brother and not that it matters a lot. But how would the Pakistani media remember and differentiate between WWII soldiers? They will remember all those who were Muslims or those who belonged to areas that are now in Pakistan?

Just curious brother and not that it matters a lot. But how would the Pakistani media remember and differentiate between WWII soldiers? They will remember all those who were Muslims or those who belonged to areas that are now in Pakistan?

There is no such distinction made for the events of the past as long as they were not (Muslims & hindus, or people of areas of current India and Pakistan) standing against each other.They all fought together !!

with all due respect, would you for once see us (India-Pak) as one people :)
it's bad enough that our govts lack the skills to resolve petty issues.

Some of my older cousins died in this war and a few were captured. The japanese used to make him eat dry wall in China. He came back all damaged, my family had assumed he died but one day he turned up.

Excluding the Holocaust, you Indians should thank Adolf Hitler/Nazis for what they did. If he did not damage the British military and economy you still be under British rule.

Excluding the Holocaust, you Indians should thank Adolf Hitler/Nazis for what they did. If he did not damage the British military and economy you still be under British rule.

thanks for the input, but the comment lacks intellectual depth

There is no such distinction made for the events of the past as long as they were not (Muslims & hindus, or people of areas of current India and Pakistan) standing against each other.They all fought together !!

I agree with you , not just India but the Sub-continent contributed greatly to the war effort.

But our soldiers sacrifice goes un-remembered.

and we were denied the spoils of war given to the victors.

Great input for the thread. Thanks. :hitwall:

I see you can't stop dreaming about India!!! In WWII Indian soldiers (both from current India and Pakistan) fought against Nazis ans Japanese brutalities to bring peace. Instead of remembering them you are making funny comments.

Then I suggest you take some medications to fix your brain.

If India is under British rule so should Pakistan. Do you think it is good for us?

Great input for the thread. Thanks. :hitwall:

I see you can't stop dreaming about India!!! In WWII Indian soldiers (both from current India and Pakistan) fought against Nazis ans Japanese brutalities to bring peace. Instead of remembering them you are making funny comments.

If India is under British rule so should Pakistan. Do you think it is good for us?

I don't think you understand my post. Oh well.

That would be the case if we would be fighting Hindu's.Of course then Pakistani nation would prefer Muslims over our Hindu Ancestors.We are perhaps the only nation in Islamic World that Prefers Islam over ancient history(Unlike Egypt,Iran and others)and i think it is right.Pakistan is here due to Islam otherwise we are almost same as you people.

Back
Top Bottom