What's new

India releases Pakistani civilian prisoners

RPK

Reaction score
Country
India
India releases Pakistani civilian prisoners - Oneindia News

Wagah (Punjab), May 28 (ANI): India released 25 Pakistani civil prisoners on Friday, and handed them over to Pakistani officials at the Wagah border in Punjab.

Buzz up!
The released Pakistanis were imprisoned in various jails in Sangrur, New Delhi, Agra, Jodhpur, Allahabad and Jammu and Kashmir.

The prisoners were happy and eager to go home after eight years.

"I am a resident of independent (Pakistan-administered) Kashmir. Our land is near Line of Control. I got injured there and Indian Army captured me. I got one year imprisonment and now after eight long years," said Daaud Ahmed, a released prisoner.

Another prisoner, Sajid Ali, however, said both India and Pakistan should release innocent people from the prisons as early as possible.

"I am happy for sure about the release, but think about when we will meet our parents and family. How are they going to react? There are so many prisoners suffering imprisonment for the past 17 years in Jodhpur. I want the government to learn a lesson of humanity from this," said Ali.

"If a person is innocent, he should be released soon. If some innocent person is imprisoned in Pakistan, Indians should not wait for the Pakistan government to release them until they release the innocent prisoners here," he added.

Last year on December 29, Pakistan released over 100 Indian fishermen, and in return, India released 31 Pakistani fishermen on January 2, 2010.

The Pakistan-India Judicial Committee on Prisoners was formed in January 2007 to facilitate release of prisoners languishing in jails in either country. (ANI)

GOOD JOB DONE ,PLEASE THIS IS REQUEST THAT RELEASE INNOCENT PEOPLE IN THE INDIAN JAILS ASAP .LET THEM LIVE WITH THEIR FAMILY WITH REST OF LIFE

64 Pakistani prisoners repatriated

Sixty four Pakistani nationals, most of them fishermen and who were internees in Indian prisons, have been repatriated across the Wagah border after they completed their jail-terms.

Of these 64 Pakistani nationals, 11 were released from the jails of Amritsar while 52 from Gujarat and one from Rajasthan on Tuesday.

The 11 prisoners freed from Amritsar were those who were found near the barbed fencing at the India -Pakistan border without having the required visa and passport documents.

All the 52 internees, who were released from jails of Gujarat, were fishermen who had crossed the territorial waters while fishing in the Arabian Sea.

The Pakistani nationals were visibly delighted on being freed from Indian jails.

"Sir, the colour of water in the sea is same on both the sides. Unknowingly, I caste my fishing net in the Indian seaside and I was caught by the Indian Navy officials. They then asked me where I belonged to. I replied Pakistan. They then arrested me and put me inside the jail," said Ghulam Hussain, a Pakistani fisherman.

The freed Pakistani nationals included a teenaged boy Arshad. The 14-year-old was released from a Rajasthani jail. He had been arrested on January 12, 2010.

The Border Security Force (BSF) had rounded up this teenager when he was found loitering in the Indian territory.

The boy was termed as an infiltrator by Mohammad Aquil, Deputy Inspector General (DIG) of BSF and was accused of intruding to keep an eye on Border Security Force (BSF) personnel's activities.

BSF slapped charges against him under Section 3 of the Passport Act. However, the charges were later quashed by an Indian court stating that his entry into India without valid documents was accidental and he should be released.

Arshad, having languished in Indian jail for 10 months, looked elated after being freed. However, he urged the Indian authorities to consider a quick release of innocent youngsters who are still imprisoned in India for many years.

"If children are caught, they should be put to trial by the courts at the earliest. It is wrong to imprison them for 10 months. Many of such children were my inmates. They were returned after three-four years, it is wrong," he said. By Sawinder Singh (ANI)

GOOD JOB DONE ,PLEASE THIS IS REQUEST THAT RELEASE INNOCENT PEOPLE IN THE INDIAN JAILS ASAP .LET THEM LIVE WITH THEIR FAMILY WITH REST OF LIFE

no. they sit there till india matches our prisoners release numbers. and india has a long way to go.

no. they sit there till india matches our prisoners release numbers. and india has a long way to go.

It's due to saps like you, this processes have been goin slow.

Anyway good initiative by India, If I'm not wrong Pakistan has also released some prisoners earlier.

It's a two way street.

Hope they would live rest of their life in peace.

Last edited:
It's due to saps like you, this processes have been goin slow.

Anyway good initiative by India, If I'm not wrong Pakistan has also released some prisoners earlier.

It's a two way street.

Hope they would live rest of their life in peace.

What a nonsensical post. Pakistan has released over 500 prisoners the past year and india has released a fraction of what Pakistan has released. What india has released today still does not match what Pakistan has released. The process has been going slow because people like you do not use their brains to THINK.

I wrote a simple post that you and roach were not able to discern. My goodness do you people lack the basic capability for intellectual thinking? Please try and use your brains. Thanks.

Last edited:
What a nonsensical post. Pakistan has released over 500 prisoners the past year and india has released a fraction of what Pakistan has released. What india has released today still does not match what Pakistan has released.

Send 436 more people across the border/sea illegally and then we will match the quota of 500. :P

Send 436 more people across the border/sea illegally and then we will match the quota of 500.

india has approx 1,000 Pakistani prisoners.

Really, most to every post I read on here, you indians lie, fabricate facts or just plain do not know what you are talking about. To simply put it there is no integrity in the posts of what any of you indians type which is not suprising.

Last edited:
Do you think that the numbers in Indian and Pakistani prisons are always similar?... Can't it be proportional to the population?... Can't there be other factors affected the skewed prisoners across the borders?... Can't it be attributed to the fact that Pakistani border guards are more stricter in capturing Indians fishermen across the open seas compared to Indian?

I don't want to comment on the second paragraph you have written about Indians.

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

BSF hands over 76 Pakistani prisoners to Pak Rangers
LAHORE: The Indian Border Security Force (BSF) on Tuesday handed over 76 Pakistani prisoners, including two women and two children, to the Pakistan Rangers at Wahga Border. Rangers’ sources said that Pakistani prisoners detained in different jails of India on various charges, including over-stay, tempering visa and illegal border-crossing, were released by the Indian government some days ago. After complete investigation, the Rangers would hand over the prisoners to their families. The Edhi Foundation Lahore, on the directions of Abdus Sattar Edhi, provided food, packets of juice, fruits and biscuits to the prisoners on arrival. app

Back
Top Bottom