What's new

India ready to export cruise missiles: official

china & pakistan has any missile to counter brahmos?

there are countermeasures but the strength of brahmos lies in its speed. From the time it is detected on the radar, the target would have just 100 or so seconds to launch countermeasures and 90% of the times, its not possible to act so quick.
That's why we are building the hypersonic version. This one would be impossible to stop.

BTW all cruise missiles can be stopped if detected on time.

what was the date that the Brahmos was inducted into the Indian army arsenal?

what was the date that the Brahmos was inducted into the Indian army arsenal?

I think 2010 means this year if i am not wrong. And there was a news on 1st or 2nd Feb that India was planing to buy more Brahmos

I was also confused about the term but it clearly said that India will buy up to 1,000 in the next decade, and export some 500 to other countries during the same period.

Now i dont know why India could purchase BrahMos Block-2 when India is already into the joint project with Russia.

Welcome back lady....

No need to get confused here....

Brahmos is a Business Organization and has its own business objectives....GOI and Russian Govt. have shareholding in it. So both countries would buy form the company....company will cover up expenses...make profit and give money back to GOI and GOR...by way of Shareholder Value.

Simple Business.

Buy from a PSU...make it profitable...and get shareholder value from it.

BY the way.. Defense is not like a mithai ki dukan...every Defense organization is a living entity..that is answerable to its shareholder...in this case GOI and GOR.

There has to be a proper channel for defence purchase that has to be followed.

"Buying" is a very common term.

US Buys F22
Russia Buys Su 35 and India Also Buys Akash.

Buying does not necessarily mean Buying from Outside, it Includes State owned / Local Private companies as well.

By the time all 183 fighters have been purchased, $34 billion will have been spent on actual procurement, resulting in a total program cost of $62 billion or about $339 million per aircraft. The incremental cost for one additional F-22 is around $138 million

both the countries have to give order to this cooperation for purchase
and russia and india cannot alone decide to export the missile

it have to get the nod of the cooperation

The corporation is run by India and Russia, so who are we going to ask???

Back
Top Bottom