What's new

India ranks below China, Pak in global hunger index

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be an interesting debate if we can jump from indexing credibilities and nation comparing to points by which the states which are lagging can be improved on these fronts..

States which made it to the list have large population of tribals. I don't know about other states but tribals in West Bengal live in quite deplorable situation. There's a reason they took law in their hand. We can't just left a chunk of population limping backward and simultaneously hoping for a developed India.

Why would Pakistan want to compare herself to India when she can learn from China, Japan, Western Europe and the USA ??? On the other hand, India admires Islam and used a Muslim architecture (Taj Mahal) as her own symbol.

One step at a time.

You can learn a lot of things from a lot of places. The important thing is whether you have enough cash to implement it. You can make policies like free health care and great education plans but can your country sustain it. It takes years to kick start such projects at a nation wide scale and takes decades to make it work and load and loads of cash to sustain it. By the time you reach the level that Europe or Northern America is right now, they would reached another level all together. So there is not point comparing with them. China has been an amazing success story and it is the next step for India. First get to a level where China is right now and than think about Europe and North America. Jitni chadar ho, utne pao falao.

It is easy said and done, but it is very difficult to actually implement these things at a nation-wide scale with such a large population.

States which made it to the list have large population of tribals. I don't know about other states but tribals in West Bengal live in quite deplorable situation. There's a reason they took law in their hand. We can't just left a chunk of population limping backward and simultaneously hoping for a developed India.

But the list is not tribal exclusive. There must be another reason.

Governance, rather bad governance which has transformed into a "system".

Corruption which is quite standard and a prerequisite in politics of most states.

Ignorance . Ignorant about technologies for an example. 90%+ people are involved in farming or farm related jobs an technology or benefits of technology hasnt reached them.

Unproper utilisation or rather misuse of Central government funds.

Reasons are plenty.

But the list is not tribal exclusive. There must be another reason.

Governance, rather bad governance which has transformed into a "system".

Corruption which is quite standard and a prerequisite in politics of most states.

Ignorance . Ignorant about technologies for an example. 90%+ people are involved in farming or farm related jobs an technology or benefits of technology hasnt reached them.

Unproper utilisation or rather misuse of Central government funds.

Reasons are plenty.

I don't think lack of producing crops is a reason, as most of north india is arable land. Last I remember WB was second largest producer of rice and one of the largest wheat producer. It's the distribution and storage which is totally fucked up in here.

Whats wrong in comparing it with China. India is trying to replicate China's success and trying to learn from them. This article just shows that there is a lot of work to be done.

Such article keeps the government on their feet and alerts them of the ground realities.

Comparison with Pakistan to show that even though Pakistan has a slower economic growth rate has still managed to do better than Pakistan.

Don't think India can "replicate" China. Not even if you replicate whole China's system.

You have different cultures/traditions, different people... just as your forefathers tried to make India as strong as UK, and thought that replication of UK’s political system would work... That won't help.

"Undernutrition in the first two years of life threatens a child's life and can jeopardise physical, motor and cognitive development. It is therefore of particular importance that we take concerted action to combat hunger, especially among young children," the report stressed.

India ranks below China, Pak in global hunger index - The Times of India

That perhaps partially explains the low IQ in some countries.

Weeping for those innocent kids, the future of …

I think Indians really have to rise to overthrow your freeking system/government in a way other than existing political frame work. Don’t ask me what or how: you have to figure that out. Just ask me why.

Uggh ToI why always the China comparison.

because they understand that china is big power now and thus comparing India with china. why would toi compare their India with Pakistan. :whistle:

As a matter of fact, India compares everything of her own with China.
Why do Indians always like to compare with China and not other countries ??? And why are Indians always amazed with China's infrastructure, their super highways and new constructions ?

indians wants to compete always with better ones... not with the one who are far behind us..

yeh indian want to compete with better one - but oops here indians are way behind paksitan too.

pseudo - remark i would say.

i think you are one of those undernurished who didnt have the lunch today- so thinking out of his arse.

comparing is one thing and chasing to become better is other. india is still facing largest number of poor, largest number of hungry largest number corrupt officals, list is long ....................

just accept the truth and move one - dont hide behind false propaganda of shinning india- tie your shoes and run hard ........

We are accepting in this issue China and Pakistan are performing better and we need to improve and will try to come as close to china as possible.

Thanks to China as source of Inspiration for us.

Nothing bad if you guy will accept reality

The 10 poorest nations in the world
World Energy and GDP

Don't worry Pakistan also there but not China

Indian newspapers are always looking for trouble in Chinese.
Let us live in serenity, OK?

This is rather alarming. I hope India is NOT heading the way of Mexico under Porfirio Diaz, when despite the greater availability of wealth (high GDP growth), the median income actually SHRUNK. And we all know what happened next:
4de84_80.jpg

My fellow Chinese compatriots, please refrain from making narcissistic remarks. It reeks of trolling.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom